AM Armor 2.0 ANH Build (1st time TK Builder)

Darth Atlast

I am starting a build thread for my AM Armor 2.0 kit I purchased locally, from an individual who bought the kit and never started it. The postage on the BBB is stamped 2016. So far I have just the kit. I did inspect the kit and it’s all there and white. I was opening parts still wrapped from when it was shipped. See pictures. 

I know I will need the following (and taking suggestions). 

1. Bodysuit 
2. Boots - Crowprops
3. Gloves
4. Armor Suspension/strapping
5. Helmet Fans/Cooling - UKSwrath 4 fan system
6. Voice/Communication - UKSwrath in helmet sound w ICOMM
7. Neck Seal
8. Holster
9. Weapon
10. Accessories - pauldron, ammo pouch, etc 
11. Anything else? 

I will need a list of must have tools and any tips you have. 
Also any builds I should read (I know about crickets)? 

Other than that this newbie will need help. 

44C29CC6-C186-41DB-B984-F66D465E7704.thumb.jpeg.d08584eda254f79d50989d8150d23fac.jpeg
F4FB4F8E-93EB-4C04-A0E2-97E3BC1DD88E.thumb.jpeg.2dc80b421b626a3df0a1c8ea895c56ce.jpeg
BADC442B-DE63-49EE-83A6-C7EA8C56216F.thumb.jpeg.e8599af7dd3c90dd7b2acf007b654fc0.jpeg

Helo and welcome.

Here's a great thread to have a read through.

Good luck with the build 

• Like 3

I have a few tutorials under my avatar below which will help as well, the main one is the supply list for your build (link here).  AM makes an awesome kit, and I look forward to following your build!  If I could offer some advice, it would be:

1.  Take... your... time.  Rushing leads to mistakes.  Trust me.

2.  When in doubt, always ask before cutting/gluing.  Adding photos of any issues will help a LOT!

3.  Never be shy about asking questions, no matter how small or how many.  To quote Glen, "There are no silly questions, only silly mistakes".

• Like 2

As I look for the basic parts, boots in this case, I have an issue. I have an “extra wide” foot and I see that IB only shows narrow 421 boots. Are these ok, how should I size them?  Is there anyone that does a good wife boot? Other makers I should look at? 

2 hours ago, Darth Atlast said:

As I look for the basic parts, boots in this case, I have an issue. I have an “extra wide” foot and I see that IB only shows narrow 421 boots. Are these ok, how should I size them?  Is there anyone that does a good wife boot? Other makers I should look at? 

I have seen some people talking about CrowProps and good reviews about his work, you may want to check it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108653819216581

• Like 1

I have seen some people talking about CrowProps and good reviews about his work, you may want to check it

https://www.facebook.com/groups/108653819216581

Well I am attempting to join the Facebook page. I’ll check it out once approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I just ordered my boots from Crowprops. They custom build and can do wide boots. I have a size 13 US sized foot with an E width. 
here is the email they sent me;

”Yes, we make tailored products in every size, wide sizes too.  Just make the order through our website and in the PayPal notes write “US 13 E Wide size” and we will ask you for additional information when we write for the measurements.”

They also ship worldwide through DHL.

• Like 2

I just ordered my boots from Crowprops. They custom build and can do wide boots. I have a size 13 US sized foot with an E width. 
here is the email they sent me;

”Yes, we make tailored products in every size, wide sizes too.  Just make the order through our website and in the PayPal notes write “US 13 E Wide size” and we will ask you for additional information when we write for the measurements.”

They also ship worldwide through DHL.

What’s the average wait time on boots? Are you happy with the build quality?

6 hours ago, Darth Atlast said:

What’s the average wait time on boots? Are you happy with the build quality?

I just ordered them yesterday, so I am not certain. Just couldn’t find any other options. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darth Atlast said:

Little overwhelmed right now. LoL. It will probably be first if the year before I start.

Research is the key, measure twice and cut once. If you don't know something just ask, there's no such thing as a silly question only silly mistakes.

Plenty of helpful people around to lend advice and you can also check references in the gallery sections 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/

I think the first purchase I will be making is a 50 Gal Husky tote to store my armor in. I think this will help keep everything together during the build process also. I have read over some tagged post about bins, the one thing that seems to be lacking is how to pack or store the armor in the tote. Anyone have any recommendations? Post I should read?

At many events I use a suitcase, it's smaller and easier to maneuver than my large plastic bin

W7arn9O.jpg

But the big bin is great for air travel

75442913_2505038129769263_4906903610584989696_n.thumb.jpg.e29ce08fb7ef8d1eaad91fd5a1172fe6.jpg

Some outstanding builds here

• Like 1

So this helmet is a 4.5 AM. Built very recently. The armor is an AM 2.0 from 2016. I am thinking the white is very similar. Enough that I could use the helmet (after slight changes) with my TK Stunt Build. Anyone see an issues with using this helmet with the armor? 

BF95B3DB-5CEF-4739-A01D-98A1EF938FD3.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Atlast said:

So this helmet is a 4.5 AM. Built very recently. The armor is an AM 2.0 from 2016. I am thinking the white is very similar. Enough that I could use the helmet (after slight changes) with my TK Stunt Build. Anyone see an issues with using this helmet with the armor? 

BF95B3DB-5CEF-4739-A01D-98A1EF938FD3.jpeg

Hi, looking nice helmet.

In order to use it with a regular ANH TK, you will need to change the tear and back traps.

CRL fos Basic: Rear traps and tears have vertical black lines.

And for higher levels you will need to add soma white paint to the Hovi Tip.

CRL L2 : Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present .  Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

Reference Images

pVUqlt5.jpg?1      kMMI6Qv.png?1   slzWbXf.jpg?1 

Q9TEc56.jpg    kAQs4mA.jpg?2

:salute:

Hi, looking nice helmet.

In order to use it with a regular ANH TK, you will need to change the tear and back traps.

CRL fos Basic: Rear traps and tears have vertical black lines.

And for higher levels you will need to add soma white paint to the Hovi Tip.

CRL L2 : Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present .  Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

Reference Images

pVUqlt5.jpg?1      kMMI6Qv.png?1   slzWbXf.jpg?1 

Q9TEc56.jpg    kAQs4mA.jpg?2

:salute:

Yeah, I figured the tear and back of the helmet had to be changed as it was originally built for a TD and they don’t have the stripes. Glad to know the rest looks good. I will work on the hovi tips.

• Like 1

Welcome and good luck!

Some thoughts:

- Gio was a good choice - Imperial Boots 421s are outstanding, but run notoriously narrow

- Reinforce your shoulder bridges

- Use underside cover strips while building

- Take your time - measure/mark twice, cut once and ensure your pieces are sorted and labeled properly

- Reinforce your shoulder bridges(!)

Welcome and good luck!

Some thoughts:

- Gio was a good choice - Imperial Boots 421s are outstanding, but run notoriously narrow

- Reinforce your shoulder bridges

- Reinforce your shoulder bridges(!)

The shoulder bridges? The white shoulder “straps” maybe?

Yup, the ribbed shoulder 'covers' that attach to the chest plate, whatever you want to call them. Reinforce them. They're one of the weakest points on the armor and very prone to cracking. I usually just run a same-width strip of pre-bent ABS sheet glued under each one. Does wonders. You can see towards the top right of this photo, sorry I don't have a closeup handy.

CYg86o5.jpg

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1