[100!!!] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

revlimiter

• revlimiter changed the title to [51] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (share OK)

3/4/22 - Destination Imagination State Trounament

TK Troop #51, 6th for 2023.

Six weeks since my last troop. Six LOOONNNNG weeks.

troop2023-6-1.jpg

This was, I think, a STEM tournament at a school on the edge of the city. I honestly am not sure what the event was. We never found the main group or stage or competition or whatever and had no one to show us where to go.

We still had a good time and made kids smile.

troop2023-6-2.jpg

Like early days back at the academy.

troop2023-6-3.jpg

HUGE props to Jeff and his Kanan. I'd never seen him in this before and was blown away.

troop2023-6-4.jpg

Gotta have a selfie with the boys.

(side note - I've gone for very light weathering on my ANH TK. It's very subtle, but I believe it adds a lot of realism to the kit.)

troop2023-6-5.jpg

We did assist in some of the events. This cup tower was epic.

troop2023-6-6.jpg

Until they ran out of cups and it was time for it to come down. MUAHAHA!

Un-photographed highlights included a game of jenga with a couple elementary kids. "Hey, come play with us Stormtrooper!" and that was it.  I was left behind by the garrison and was just a funny looking kid trying not to knock down a tower.  We nudged blocks, cheered, and only cheated very lightly. The tower finally tumbled down and I caught up with the group a while after.

Six weeks. I was shaky. Next troop is this weekend.

• Like 6

• revlimiter changed the title to [52] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (share OK)

3/10/23 - Star Wars ANH Navajo language screening
TK Troop #52, 7th for 2023.
CDZ-5435 - troop 18, 2nd for 2023
TI-50597 - troop 10, 2nd for 2022

troop2023-7-1.jpg

This was a pretty good sized troop for a Friday night in early March. A screening of ANH in Navajo at the National Hispanic Cultural Center - not to be missed.

troop2023-7-11.jpg

Another troop with my family in the books. I think they're getting a bit tired of my antics... but dang it, I love trooping.

troop2023-7-15.jpg

Before the movie screening at 7, they had crafts, a tour of their museum, and food trucks. What's better than trooping? Trooping WITH FOOD! 

Hard to see, but the Leia Leveller got an upgrade on the scope. It had a puffball glued on most of the night. :laugh1:

troop2023-7-2.jpg

The museum was a hit.

troop2023-7-5.jpg

Think they had other paintings hanging? MAYBE...

troop2023-7-6.jpg

This one just spoke to us.

troop2023-7-3.jpg

This wasn't too bad either (what with my last name and all).

troop2023-7-4.jpg

Tamale Man would have stolen my 5 cents weekly if it was a real book...

troop2023-7-13.jpg

After museum, it was time to shred.

troop2023-7-14.jpg

And then EAT!!! Food trucks nom nom nom!!!

(notice all the sitting troops?!?!? I'M SO PROUD!!)

• Like 6

So much L4 going on.

Also the camera image distortion sure is making your AP detonator look like a 68mm! Panel isn’t an AM and the end caps aren’t MonCal (FAC), so unless you went out and found an Anovos or RS one I’m still gonna have one in the mail to you this week! Actually you’re getting it regardless; I gotta spread the 68mil religion. :peace: Final coat of 1238 enamel goes on tomorrow.

• Like 1

• revlimiter changed the title to [54] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

3/30/23 - Literacy Night
TK Troop #53, 8th for 2023.

troop2023-8-1.jpg

A group of us gathered for the Literacy Night at a nearby elementary school. I think this was the first time having the event since before COVID. Kids were happy to have us there.

troop2023-8-2.jpg

David in his newly approved Anthology-era Obiwan. He was one of the first 501st I met in 2016, back when he trooped as Clone Wars era Obiwan.

troop2023-8-3.jpg

The school mascot was full of sass and needed to be reigned in.

troop2023-8-4.jpg

Orbit (ABQ Isotopes ball team mascot) was also in attendance. I will never turn down a selfie chance with Orbit.

As for the troop, while good, chill, low-key, and indoors... I managed to get super dehydrated. It crept up on me and took about a day to recover from. I should have stopped after 10 minutes and had water, but I went the whole troop... no one said TKs were extremely smart. Anyways, it was a good warning to myself about the impending summer hot weather troops and the importance of hydrating the day before.

--------------------------

troop2023-8-10.jpg

On the morning of April 1st, our garrison had an easter egg hunt at one of ABQ's larger parks. 24 gift bags, beautifully painted and decorated eggs and 2 grand prizes. Open to all the clubs.  At 7:30 AM!!! As you can see, not too many came out.

But man was it great. Huge thanks to Jenn and Chris for organizing and running this. My family loved it!

and later that day.

--------------------------

4/1/23 - Haven House Second Annual Eggstravaganza
TK Troop #54, 9th for 2023.
CDZ-5435 - troop 19, 3rd for 2023

troop2023-9-2.jpg

This was a big egg hunt troop. Characters posed for pix in one park while the nearby soccer fields were completely and totally covered in eggs. Never seen anything like it... and I managed to not take a photo. It was at least a Star Destroyer worth of eggs.

I also didn't manage to get a group photo to share...

troop2023-9-7.jpg

I did get ice cream. @elwessbrandon commandeered the vehicle and supplied tasty rations for the troops.

troop2023-9-3.jpg

Bubbles was delicious.

troop2023-9-5.jpg

Meanwhile, my daughter kept peace between Bruce and Vader.

troop2023-9-6.jpg

Posing with my new commanding officer.

troop2023-9-4.jpg

And a shot with Jim and his new Din outfit. He looks amazing! Warm, but amazing.

• Like 4

4/7/23 - Tony Hillerman MS Spring Carnival

TK Troop 55 - 10th for 2023

troop2023-10-1.jpg

This was a repeat troop. This school did the troop last year and ran the event again for 23, requesting us again. And, if I'm honest, it was the worst troop of 2022. The kids hated having us there and were really snotty and horrible. I was reluctant to go again, but everyone was aware of last year's situation, we had a bunch of handlers, and every troop was on high alert.

I didn't even wear my thermal detonator for fear of it being stolen. Yes, it was that bad in 22.

troop2023-10-2.jpg

Fortunately, the 2023 event was totally different.  It was a complete success.

troop2023-10-3.jpg

We were setup next to the Whack-A-Teacher booth. Each teacher had their photo printed and kids got to throw tennis balls at them. I had a great time "helping" those who had TK-like aim.  In other words, the kids who missed had TK help and then got prizes for knocking out their chosen teacher. :D

troop2023-10-4.jpg

Vader didn't need help. He had the force.

troop2023-10-8.jpg

Those who knocked out multiple teachers got to spin the wheel.

troop2023-10-5.jpg

And the Army was there with a helicopter!!!

The organizers kept talking about "getting your pictures with the helicopter" and I expected a drone that was gonna take our group pic. Hidden way around the back of the school was this beauty.

troop2023-10-6.jpg

They asked me to pose with the chopper. I posed.

troop2023-10-7.jpg

I wasted no time climbing into the pilot seat. If they're inviting me, I'm sitting. That's all there is to it.

troop2023-10-9.jpg

Ethan vacated the chopper in a hurry after I started flicking switches.

troop2023-10-10.jpg

And then... I was in hyperspace! :dancing-trooper:

troop2023-10-11.jpg

We all expected the worst, but it was, I think, the best troop of the year so far.

The helicopter pilot pic may stay in my sig for a while...

• Like 6

• revlimiter changed the title to [55] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)
  • revlimiter changed the title to [57] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

4/15/23 -Ellen Reavis Race for Autism
TK Troop #56, 11th for 2023.
CLOR-5435 - troop 20, 4th for 2023

troop2023-11-1.jpg

There were three troops on 4/15/23 here. My daughter and I signed up for two. The first was the Ellen Reavis Autism Race, one that I attended in 2022.

troop2023-11-4.jpg

I got to bring my newly printed 1:1 scale vintage LEGO BLASTER to this one!!! And little Leia got to wear her shoulder Lola.

troop2023-11-3.jpg

As two people on the spectrum, this troop was important to the Wolf Pack. Me and Leia did our best to spread some smiles.

troop2023-11-2.jpg

As 10:00 hit, the 501st led the way for the race. (Vader's bellowing cape was rather epic throughout this whole windy troop)

4/15/23 -Star Wars Fest 9
TK Troop #57, 12th for 2023.
CLOR-5435 - troop 21, 5th for 2023

troop2023-12-1.jpg

Star Wars Fest is a yearly event at a huuuuuge library in the neighboring city of Rio Rancho. They haven't had it since 2019 and we had something like 35 troopers in attendance across all three clubs to celebrate the return. (I'm behind two of the three Leias in this photobooth shot)

... is Little Leia taller than Cloud City Leia? hmm. My girl may need a new costume STAT.

troop2023-12-5.jpg

I found this strangely dressed librarian working a data terminal in the back. She answered all questions to my satisfaction, so the binders didn't need to come out.

troop2023-12-3.jpg

The reading material was EPIC at this troop.

troop2023-12-2.jpg

I settled down in a quiet corner with some interesting reading material. Perhaps I'll be more threatening after reading some tips.

troop2023-12-4.jpg

And lastly, say hello to the DRG's newest TIE Reserve! Janith is the 2nd person I've approved as a GML and the first who's trooped.

• Like 4

4/22/23 -Family Fun Day
TK Troop #58, 13th for 2023.

troop2023-13-1.jpg

Lucky troop 13 for the year was a family event put on by a local biker gang to get some toys, bikes (the pedal kind) and fun into the lives of some local kids who might not have it otherwise. 

I decided since the weather was nice, I'd wear my HWT pack and bring my DLT... and carry them for 2 hours... :(

troop2023-13-2.jpg

It was honestly a great time, even though my shoulders were a begging for death at the end of the day. The pack looks SOOOO COOL! But 2 hours is a lot.

One of the officers here was interested in my DLT. He asked what it was and I answered something about "standard Imperial issue DLT-19" which produced A FACE on the officer :laugh1:.  When I went on about it being based on an MG-34 and started showing the differences, he made the other face and was super stoked to talk about it.

troop2023-13-3.jpg

Just a couple GMLs inspecting a local transport. Nothing to see here.

troop2023-13-5.jpg

There was a good sized tent FILLED with beautiful parrots and exotic birds. Mesh sides so you could see them and they wouldn't get too hot. Kids could go in and pet/feed the birds. I asked and was instantly denied, even though I promised to leave the BFG outside. I had to be content with just a routine interrogation.

troop2023-13-6.jpg

And then there was ducky fishing. But it was okay since me and The Colonel (also named Adam) were the highest ranking troops in attendance.

troop2023-13-7.jpg

Two Adams fishing. There's a joke somewhere in here. :laugh1:

troop2023-13-8.jpg

And instead of Disney Princesses, they had actual pageant winners at this troop. Miss Senora New Mexico looked like she needed a DLT in her life and got a kick out of posing with it.

troop2023-13-9.jpg

She was SUPER kind and didn't mind selfie-ing with me.

troop2023-13-10.jpg

She tracked down the rest of the Beauty Queens and then all posed with our group.

A+ troop! Would troop again, but maybe I'd leave the pack at home. I clearly need to work out more... :6::laugh1:

• Like 6

• revlimiter changed the title to [60] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

4/26/23 -Painted Sky Elementary Read-a-Bration
TK Troop #59, 14th for 2023.

This was advertised as "a troop where we read to kids" and I was ALL ABOUT IT. See, I did several Star Wars reads troops last year in libraries and really enjoyed it. However, there weren't any good Stormtrooper books to read. None. We were always either bumbling bad guys or a footnote in Finn's rise to the rebellion.

So I made one.

troop2023-14-1.jpg

I spent most of a year of off-and-on work with this little thing. It's based on (totally ripped off) a book that I used to read my daughter when she was tiny. It's a counting book for littles and it reads quick.

troop2023-14-2.jpg

I started out drawing the pages but that takes life for each one. I decided that lego toy photos would be the play in actually getting this book to exist. @Scimitar loaned me a bunch of his minifigs, I had a ton of my own, and I bought a handful more on ebay to round out the 45 little troops I needed for the book.   I took the pix, edited them up, and printed them out on my vinyl plotter. They got stuck to the pages of a huge board book I got at a local book store.

Fast forward to April 23 and I finally got to read it!!!

troop2023-14-3.jpg

There was three of us at the troop. The mando in back was apparently a parent who had a (just kickass) Mandalorian costume. He had non-canon stickers, so we didn't think he was an official Merc.

Anyways, this troop was WAAAY more than reading to the kids. We paraded all around the (huge) school with a bunch of Avengers and sports team mascots. All the kids were dressed as book characters - sometimes as a class project and sometimes as just their favorite books.

troop2023-14-4.jpg

So we paraded. This small trooper caught my eye and I had to stop the whole parade to selfie with him.

troop2023-14-5.jpg

This class had a whole Star Wars theme (the teacher was Rey) and had another little trooper!! MORE SELFIES!

and holy crap, I've never received so many high fives in my life. There were roughly 600 kids. Each one got several rounds of 5s. Maybe 2000 high fives. And hugs! And photos! And questions about being a real Stormtrooper. It was amazing.

AMAZING

troop2023-14-6.jpg

And then. THEN, after all of the parading for almost two hours, we got taken to several classrooms to read to the kids. I read my little TK counting book with my bucket on. The kids cheered. My fellow troopers supported. It was great.

GREAT!!!

I expected it to be a low key read-to-kids troop and it was this huge parade. This huge celebration!  Totally unexpected and awesome. So many happy kids.

All because I have a plastic spaceman suit and a flexible schedule.  :wub:

• Like 7

On 5/1/2023 at 9:13 PM, Scimitar said:

What an amazing troop!! Glad the book finally saw use!! :)

It was so good! Can't wait to use it again.

Almost caught up with my log.

4/29/23 - Special Olympics Unified Events

TK Troop 60, 15th for 2023.

troop2023-15-6.jpg

This was a troop to support Special Olympics at a nearby school. Schools all around the state had these preliminary events with the main competition happening in a few weeks.

This troop was hosted by our Galactic Academy. LOOK AT THE DRESSING ROOM!!!  So much nicer than our 501st hosted events! I'm gonna demand GA host everything from now on.

troop2023-15-5.jpg

Gotta help those jawas look their best you know! And keep their hands off our thermal detonators.

troop2023-15-4.jpg

My daughter practicing her force powers. This is not the selfie you're looking for.

troop2023-15-1.jpg

All the teams came out this big jaguar arch with the 501st (and GA and RL) leading the way!

troop2023-15-3.jpg

In between cheering on teams and athletes, we got to clown a bit. Little Leia has some football skills!

troop2023-15-2.jpg

Lucas and I had a friendly TK race. The crowd cheered us on!

And that's all the pix I got. We trooped for several hours, cheered, high-fived, and hugged hundreds of kids, and then presented award ribbons at the end. It was a great day and my first Special Olympic event.  Can't wait for the next!

• Like 4

Congrats on the big 60! Gosh this makes me excited for my 3 troops this Star Wars week! How many more do you have planned so far? :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

• revlimiter changed the title to [61] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)
18 hours ago, Nairy said:

Congrats on the big 60! Gosh this makes me excited for my 3 troops this Star Wars week! How many more do you have planned so far? :smiley-sw013:

Thanks!!! I've got 3 tomorrow as well. Wish there was a free comic book day one here...

I'm hoping to get to 100 by the end of 2023. That's my goal anyway. I'm aiming for it. :sSW_stormtroopers:

5/2/23 Bernalillo County Fire Department May the 4th promo

61st TK troop, 16th for 2023.

troop2023-16-1.jpg

This one was a mid week troop at a fire station in the mountains. They wanted clean, white TKs and nothing else. Five of us answered the call.

troop2023-16-2.jpg

Randy wasn't in the group selfie above because he was a little tied up.

troop2023-16-3.jpg

We were there to help Fire & Rescue film a promo video for May 4th. We were "new recruits."

troop2023-16-4.jpg

Tye and I got to practice our aim with the big hose.

troop2023-16-5.jpg

We did well.

troop2023-16-6.jpg

The cones were completely safe. Don't want to risk any cones after all. They're expensive.

troop2023-16-7.jpg

Brandon and Wayne tried on this strange off-world gear.

troop2023-16-8.jpg

And their weapons. Not sure what to do with these weapons...

troop2023-16-9.jpg

Ah, yes. That's more familiar.

troop2023-16-10.jpg

Fire Team Rio Bravo signing off.

(I'll be pasting this to our Fire Team log too!)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, revlimiter said:

I'm hoping to get to 100 by the end of 2023. That's my goal anyway. I'm aiming for it. :sSW_stormtroopers:

Hahaha that's awesome!!! I remember mentioning something way back for 75 troops and you're like "Oh that's a stretch" :peace:  Go Adam!!

• Like 2

• revlimiter changed the title to [64] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!

5/4/23 - May 4th Troop 1 - Magnet Schools of America Certification Celebration

62nd TK troop, 17th for 2023. 

TI-50597, 11th troop and 3rd for 23.

troop2023-17-1.jpg

The first troop of May 4th was at a school to welcome the kids in. This selfie was the official troop pic. Juno handled as best she could (she's amazing) but we technically had no handlers for this troop, which is a rarity.

troop2023-17-2.jpg

The kids were STOKED for us to be there. A little rowdy but great kids all around. We walked all over the school, gave out stickers and high fives, and then settled at the top of these stairs for pix with the kids.

troop2023-17-3.jpg

A school admin took this one with my phone. These upright postures won't be that way for long. Some trooped from 0730 till 2230.

5/4/23 - May 4th Troop 2 - UNM May the Fourth '23

63rd TK troop, 18th for 2023. 

TI-50597, 12th troop and 4th for 23.

troop2023-18-1.jpg

The local university's May 4th celebration was a high point for me in 2022. I was excited to return. And more excited to share it with my wife! This is some of the mob we entertained.

troop2023-18-2.jpg

I mean, we had two Vaders! Who wouldn't be entertained?

troop2023-18-3.jpg

Make that THREE Vaders!!! The boss was somewhat less than entertained by my new armor addition. :laugh1:

troop2023-18-4.jpg

And of course, the photo booth strikes back! I will drive hundreds of miles for a good TK photobooth. They're always a highlight for me.

Much of my time trooping was IN this photobooth. We TKs would rotate in and out of the booth depending on if people wanted to have us in their pix. Good times and tons of smiles.

Then I went home and took a nap... Others did several troops between, which was far too hardcore for me.

5/4/23 - May 4th Troop 3 - NME Movie Night: Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back

64th TK troop, 19th for 2023. 

troop2023-19-5.jpg

The last troop of the day was a 2130 showing of ESB. MANY of us answered the call. I didn't get to do this troop in 22 and was jealous all year.

I mean, look at us. We're a fine army of Imperials!

troop2023-19-3.jpg

I checked tickets... (and trooped with my E-11b for the first time!)

troop2023-19-4.jpg

I sold tickets.

troop2023-19-1.jpg

I selfied in front of a full theater....  (after which I yelled out something like "What datapad?!? No one here saw me selfy'ing with my data pad!" which just killed the crowd :laugh1: )

troop2023-19-2.jpg

And then me and the boys settled in for a showing of the greatest film of all time.

• Like 6

• revlimiter changed the title to [66] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

5/27/23 -Bubbles Birthday Bash

65th TK troop, 20th for 2023. 

troop2023-20-1.jpg

Yes, this is the actual troop pic. This was the only one taken. And this troop counted internally on our troop tracker, so it's listed here.

This was a troop for The Learning Experience's mascot named Bubbles. Bubbles is the blue elephant seen in some of my troop pix. Bubbles was having a birthday.

No one came to celebrate that birthday. No workers. No families. No kids. No bubbles. Just about 10 of us troopers... We stayed about 30 minutes and then left. They left no phone number and the email address bounced... so it was a no-go. My first in 66 troops. Alas.

5/27/23 -Lobo Anime Troop for Duke City Comic Con #2

66th TK troop, 21st for 2023. 

troop2023-21-1.jpg

This one is a series of troops leading up to Duke City Comic Con. If we troop for an hour and hand out fliers (with photographic proof) we get a day's free entry into the upcoming con. Troops are every Wednesday and Saturday for... 8 events I think.

The weather was nice, so I popped on my HWT pack.

troop2023-21-2.jpg

We flagged down traffic. We posed with folks who stopped by (of which there were TONS).

troop2023-21-3.jpg

We did a little browsing. I managed to go home without any additions to my armor.

• Like 5

• revlimiter changed the title to [70] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

Whew! Been a while since I had a chance to update this. Life has been full on lately.

I'm apparently at 70 troops! 25 for the year, which is 6 up on this time last year. We had very few events in July due to the crazy heat.

lemme see if I even remember how to do this...

6/3/23 - Summer Reading Kick Off South Valley Library

67th TK troop, 22nd for 2023. 

troop2023-22-1.jpg

This one, as you might guess, was a library troop to kick off a summer reading program. They had a ton of crafts, food, BOOKS, plastic spacemen, and firemen. The only pix I have are from playing on the fire engine.

troop2023-22-2.jpg

I wasted NO time getting in that driver's seat. I lost my TD when I got out, but thankfully Jango noticed and saved it for me.

troop2023-22-3.jpg

Me and @elwessbrandon ready to put out some fires. Meep meep mudskuffers!!

and then... they let us climb on the back.

troop2023-22-4.jpg

Yeah, that's me next to the incinerator  @Imperial_juggernaut . Huge props to my three topside companions. They seemed a little uncertain going up but they still followed me like champs.

6/4/23 - Run to Break the Silence

68th TK troop, 23nd for 2023. 

CDZ-5435 - troop 23, 7th for 2023

troop2023-23-1.jpg

This is, unfortunately, the only photo I have of me and my daughter at this event. It was one we did last year, cheering on runners and kid runners as they did this charity event.

We only trooped about 30 minutes before she started to overheat in her Jawa robes. We rode this insane golf cart back from the casino/hotel all around the property, through the golf course, over various bridges and ponds, waving at folks who had no idea why a stormtrooper and jawa were being zipped around like celebrities... it was honestly great. Wish I had pix of it.

• Like 3

6/17/23 - Duke City Comic Con Day 1 (booth duty)

69th TK troop (nice), 24th for 2023. 

This is a big one.

troop2023-24-6.jpg

The day started here with a photo op for the early morning cosplayers. I think the local newspaper and two TV stations? I was the lone 501st representative. Everyone in attendance was AWESOME. Cutting jokes and chilling out whilst the camera folks and reporters fiddled with their gear.

troop2023-24-1.jpg

This was our group of 501st / RL / MMCC / GA attendees. (I'm the one with the pew-pew blaster in all these.) HUGE turnout for the day!

troop2023-24-5.jpg

Cosplayer photo op for the event organizers around noon. This was MOST of the costumes in attendance and I think my last group shot.  (Little Rey asked me something and I was bending down to answer.)

troop2023-24-3.jpg

This was most of my day - hanging around with my fellow nerds.

troop2023-24-2.jpg

I did some guard duty throughout the day. This Ithorian needed someone to keep watch on him. He had shifty eyes.

troop2023-24-10.jpg

And of course, I selfied like a trooper should. This one is with Kerri Hoskins, Sonya Blade of Mortal Kombat fame.

troop2023-24-15.jpg

Kathy Coleman and Jack Rudd from Land of the Lost were having a blast! They had this whole raft setup to take pix with them. Super fun!

troop2023-24-11.jpg

And Harry Waters Jr (Marvin Berry in Back to the Future) was HILARIOUS.

troop2023-24-13.jpg

Of course, I also selfied with just about every cosplayer in attendance. Here's my favs.

troop2023-24-14.jpg

Captain Planet was seriously incredible.

troop2023-24-12.jpg

Outstanding Lady Thor!

troop2023-24-16.jpg

And my very favorite con buddy - this Dalek.

He had the vocoder and sounded pitch perfect. He had a grabby hand and a smoke producing cannon. He had front and rear cameras. And he was FUN!!! We trooped around together for at least an hour. The Galactic Empire and Dalek Empire are natural allies after all.

troop2023-24-8.jpg

Lastly, my personal high point - local artist Michael Toya posted this on his insta the night before the con saying he was gonna bring it. An original painting of three buckets. I commented that I might need it. I've got several of his prints but didn't own an original... yet.

He asked if I was serious when I found his booth and I was all onboard. The painting was just black and white up to that point. He asked what colors I'd like on it. I picked yellow. He thought orange would pair well with it. BAM! A couple hours later, it was mine.

troop2023-24-4.jpg

This is what a smiling TK looks like. That grin is from ear to ear. It hangs proudly in my house with his other pieces.

troop2023-24-7.jpg

I finished up the day with 2 hours of booth duty. I kept my armor on and just had the bucket on the table for my shift.  I was in armor for something like 10 hours... and it was fantastic. A++ event.

• Like 4

7/29/23 - Rudi Foundation 5k Charity Run

70th TK troop, 25th for 2023. 

troop2023-25-1.jpg

A fun run to benefit the Rudi Foundation who donates to cancer research. We had a great turnout.

troop2023-25-2.jpg

The organizers requested we be there to hand out awards and cheer them on at the finish. Me and Brandon became the finish line. It was very warm work out in the 88* sun (like 31C?) but we managed thanks to our superior white armor.

(do I want to rethink that wording? hmmm... honestly, the white is just far better in the heat than anything else...)

troop2023-25-3.jpg

Liz and Chuck (reserve and Boba) were both on their first troop with the DRG. Liz was one I recently got to approve! Fantastic to have them both.

troop2023-25-4.jpg

A small Sergent showed up later in the event. We gave him the appropriate welcome.

troop2023-25-5.jpg

Vader is turning over a new leaf. Nose boops instead of force chokes. A TK could really get used to this!

troop2023-25-6.jpg

TKs in action. Look at those buttplates.

troop2023-25-7.jpg

Once all the runners were done, they had the Kids-K event. Kids would run a kilometer around the park. There were only three of them and the event organizers were trying to drum up support... @elwessbrandon and I looked at each other, nodded, and went off to join them.

We ran a kilometer in armor in the late morning heat. It was EPIC. Memorable. Amazing.

troop2023-25-8.jpg

Crossing the finish line!

I don't know how folks run actual marathons in their armor. 1K was very much enough for me. But man was it fun. And the props/accolades/high5s!!! Worth getting a little (more) sweaty.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, revlimiter said:

6/17/23 - Duke City Comic Con Day 1 (booth duty)

69th TK troop (nice), 24th for 2023. 

This is a big one.

troop2023-24-6.jpg

The day started here with a photo op for the early morning cosplayers. I think the local newspaper and two TV stations? I was the lone 501st representative. Everyone in attendance was AWESOME. Cutting jokes and chilling out whilst the camera folks and reporters fiddled with their gear.

troop2023-24-1.jpg

This was our group of 501st / RL / MMCC / GA attendees. (I'm the one with the pew-pew blaster in all these.) HUGE turnout for the day!

troop2023-24-5.jpg

Cosplayer photo op for the event organizers around noon. This was MOST of the costumes in attendance and I think my last group shot.  (Little Rey asked me something and I was bending down to answer.)

troop2023-24-3.jpg

This was most of my day - hanging around with my fellow nerds.

troop2023-24-2.jpg

I did some guard duty throughout the day. This Ithorian needed someone to keep watch on him. He had shifty eyes.

troop2023-24-10.jpg

And of course, I selfied like a trooper should. This one is with Kerri Hoskins, Sonya Blade of Mortal Kombat fame.

troop2023-24-15.jpg

Kathy Coleman and Jack Rudd from Land of the Lost were having a blast! They had this whole raft setup to take pix with them. Super fun!

troop2023-24-11.jpg

And Harry Waters Jr (Marvin Berry in Back to the Future) was HILARIOUS.

troop2023-24-13.jpg

Of course, I also selfied with just about every cosplayer in attendance. Here's my favs.

troop2023-24-14.jpg

Captain Planet was seriously incredible.

troop2023-24-12.jpg

Outstanding Lady Thor!

troop2023-24-16.jpg

And my very favorite con buddy - this Dalek.

He had the vocoder and sounded pitch perfect. He had a grabby hand and a smoke producing cannon. He had front and rear cameras. And he was FUN!!! We trooped around together for at least an hour. The Galactic Empire and Dalek Empire are natural allies after all.

troop2023-24-8.jpg

Lastly, my personal high point - local artist Michael Toya posted this on his insta the night before the con saying he was gonna bring it. An original painting of three buckets. I commented that I might need it. I've got several of his prints but didn't own an original... yet.

He asked if I was serious when I found his booth and I was all onboard. The painting was just black and white up to that point. He asked what colors I'd like on it. I picked yellow. He thought orange would pair well with it. BAM! A couple hours later, it was mine.

troop2023-24-4.jpg

This is what a smiling TK looks like. That grin is from ear to ear. It hangs proudly in my house with his other pieces.

troop2023-24-7.jpg

I finished up the day with 2 hours of booth duty. I kept my armor on and just had the bucket on the table for my shift.  I was in armor for something like 10 hours... and it was fantastic. A++ event.

nice photos

• Like 1

So good, dude. I’m pretty sure you troop enough to cover the both of us. ;-) And at least if Jango hadn’t spotted your wayward TD you’d have had an extra to replace it with!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

So good, dude. I’m pretty sure you troop enough to cover the both of us. ;-) And at least if Jango hadn’t spotted your wayward TD you’d have had an extra to replace it with!

I was juuuust thinking about how badly I need to get some clips and get that into action!