[100!!!] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log (social media consent)

revlimiter

12/3/22 - Socorro Christmas Light Parade

41st TK troop, 38th for the year, 7th HWT

CDZ-5435 - troop 16 and her 1 year trooperversary

TI-50597 - troop 8

troop2022-38-1.jpg

I tend to go overboard sometimes. I can't help myself. It's a personality flaw.  See, we needed 3 strands of lights on our kits minimum. I ended up with 24.

Twenty Four (24).  That includes 4 strings on the candycane and 5 strings on my HWT pack.

But it was my first parade troop and I had to do it up big!

troop2022-38-2.jpg

My whole family did it up big. My wife had around 12 strings on her bucket, tubes, and chest plate and my daughter had roughly 16 pinned to her sparkle robe. That's Photobomb Vader in the background. :laugh1:

troop2022-38-3.jpg

Holly Jolly.

troop2022-38-4.jpg

The family decked out. My daughter was the only GA there. 

Noticed the umbrella did you?

troop2022-38-5.jpg

The weather brought us more than a cup of cheer.  It was MISERABLE.

And let me qualify that statement - I was miserable. It was not my most fun troop ever and that was wholly on my own shoulders (heh).

1) I decided to do my HWT pack. It's only 14 lbs, but I carried it for four hours. FOUR HOURS of pack.

2) I knew it was gonna be really cold and had a chance of rain, so I wore my Rogue One undersuit. With my regular TK suit underneath. Underneath my ANH Stunt.
2.1) I could barely move. Severe motion restriction. The lights, the undersuit, the pack, the hat bapping me in the eye...  But most of it was that undersuit. It's not meant for my very form fitting ANH Stunt armor.

3) See the buckets of rain above.

and 4) before we left to get soaked, we baked in a literal oven known as the fire department garage. They had the heaters raging above the bays and it was in the 80s inside. So first we baked, then we got soaked and frozen. But I could have just been a regular TK with my regular cold weather undersuit and alleviated most of my discomfort.

Ya live and learn.

troop2022-38-6.jpg

There were a LOT of us. Here's the before shot.

troop2022-38-9.jpg

And here's the after. Cold and wet, but still together, glowing, smiling, and having fun. I wouldn't trade the experience for anything and am overjoyed that I did it. Just slightly underwhelmed at my own costuming choices. :laugh1: Next year I'll just TK it.

• Like 6

• revlimiter changed the title to [43] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log

12/11/22 - Subaru of NM 1st Annual Holiday Car Show and Toy Drive

39th for the year, 42nd TK troop

troop2022-39-4.jpg

As the event name implies, this was a car show troop that was also a toy drive. Each car had to donate a $10-or-more toy as an entry fee and there were a TON of cars. Including one of mine!!! My 2nd car show troop.  (I'm doing the hero pose on the left above)

troop2022-39-6.jpg

My aforementioned car, the blue Suzuki Cappuccino. It's about 3/4 the size of a Miata, right hand drive, Japan import, 3 cylinder kei car. It's hilarious to drive and this is my first time trooping with it. The armor takes up all of the trunk and most of the passenger seat. My buddy Cara was organizing the show and brought her silver Cappo, so I had to wingman.

troop2022-39-5.jpg

Coffee? Yes plz.

troop2022-39-2.jpg

Scout troopers take note - TKs are coming for your jobs!!!

troop2022-39-1.jpg

Leg out drift pose: check!

troop2022-39-8.jpg

The boss gave this lowrider truck a small adjustment.

troop2022-39-7.jpg

The traditional pose-with-the-tiny-cars-and-completely-obscure-them photo.

and

troop2022-39-3.jpg

After troop cuddles featuring the Rio Bravo Fire Team.

12/11/22 - Toy Collection for Haven House (2 of 4)

40th for the year, 43rd TK troop

troop2022-40-1.jpg

We're doing four toy collection events for Haven House. This one was right after the carshow troop. Good times with the fam.

Lucas, the small Jedi pictured came out to the first collection the day before and met everyone. When he was told that Vader would be there the next day, he made his mom bring him back. And they brought donuts! And hugs. It was amazing. Lucas was amazing. Mom's building a Dark Rey costume and I told them about Galactic Academy, so hopefully they'll join the family soon.

troop2022-40-4.jpg

Look sir, donuts!  (I had ONE take and no stage direction, so I'm super pleased with how closely this turned out)

troop2022-40-2.jpg

At the other end of this parking lot was a bunch of mounted officers doing their own outreach event. I had to walk over and get horse selfies. I asked permission and they rewarded me with these SMILES! Bad guys doing good. Good guys doing good! HORSES DOING GOOD!!! We were sympatico in that moment.

troop2022-40-3.jpg

Bucket list item: Get a horseback riding pic in armor. Someday it'll happen.

• Like 5

Awesome troops, they look like so much fun! :dancing-trooper:

vor 5 Stunden schrieb revlimiter:

Bucket list item: Get a horseback riding pic in armor. Someday it'll happen.

Please, make that happen! Whenever I tried to get one done, the horses were either ponies and therefore too small, or they were scared of our armor :unsure:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scimitar said:

At this rate you're going to hit 50 troops within the 19 days of the year we have left!

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Maybe... :R2D2: But I think there's just 5 left on the calendar this year. Alas.

And thanks :wub:

12 hours ago, Morgi said:

Awesome troops, they look like so much fun! :dancing-trooper:

Please, make that happen! Whenever I tried to get one done, the horses were either ponies and therefore too small, or they were scared of our armor :unsure:

The dark horse next to me was the sweetest ever. I stood there next to him for a loooonnng time while waiting for others to take photos and he nuzzled my arm. Both me and his rider were worried about bites, but there were none. Just love and interest while I petted his nose. It was a great moment.

I COULD HAVE RIDDEN THAT HORSE!!!!

Next horse.

• Like 2

12/15/22 - Make A Wish Holly Jolly Holiday Party

44th TK troop, 41st for the year

troop2022-41-1.jpg

I did this troop my first year. I believe it was my third. It was great to do it again.

troop2022-41-2.jpg

It was FREEEEEEZING outside. 34*F (1*C) and windy. I wore my pauldron to try to keep some heat in. Fortunately it was much warmer inside the venue. My binoc speakers were blasting the Star Wars Epic Holiday Music on loop.

troop2022-41-3.jpg

The photo I got with Anna and Elsa my first year is one of my favorites and the first one I ever had in my signature, so I was eager to get another good princess pic.

troop2022-41-4.jpg

Chris, our CO, got this behind the scenes shot. :laugh1: I'm both ashamed of myself and pretty proud.

troop2022-41-13.jpg

Adam and Lucas ready to spread some Imperial Holiday Cheer (r).

troop2022-41-9.jpg

The event got underway and the group did our best to troop it up for the kids. See, they do a big toy giveaway for special kids and families every year through Make A Wish at this car dealership.  It's an event I'm extremely happy to participate in.  This photo set proves that I am indeed at my post once in a while.

troop2022-41-6.jpg

After snacks, photos, and some gift choosing, Santa read the kids a story. I.. um... strayed from my post to participate.

troop2022-41-5.jpg

And I quote "You're the only one of us who can sit down. Go sit with the kids." So I checked off a bucket list item - story from Santa.

troop2022-41-7.jpg

Santa story POV.  It was magical.

troop2022-41-14.jpg

At the end of the evening, Santa drove up in a dune buggy to award a very special gift to a very sweet Wish girl. Since this all happened last night, I suspect that most of her day today was spent jumping sand dunes here in Albuquerque in her new buggy. 

TK-89000 reporting another successful troop. :salute:

• Like 6

• revlimiter changed the title to [44] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log

Ohhh, this looks awesome! 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb revlimiter:

troop2022-41-6.jpg

After snacks, photos, and some gift choosing, Santa read the kids a story. I.. um... strayed from my post to participate.

troop2022-41-5.jpg

And I quote "You're the only one of us who can sit down. Go sit with the kids." So I checked off a bucket list item - story from Santa.

troop2022-41-7.jpg

Santa story POV.  It was magical.

Love. It! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  Sitting down on the floor as well, so cool! This looks just super fun and I'm a bit jealous-- I also want Santa Story Time as a TK :laugh1:

• Like 1

"At the end of the evening, Santa drove up in a dune buggy to award a very special gift to a very sweet Wish girl. Since this all happened last night, I suspect that most of her day today was spent jumping sand dunes here in Albuquerque in her new buggy".

To be a part of something like this is what it's all about, folks.  Thanks for sharing, brother!

• Like 2

• revlimiter changed the title to [45] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log

12/28/22 - Lobo Anime Troop for ACC (1)

45th TK troop, 42nd for 2022

troop2022-42-1.jpg

This one was just a quick middle-of-the-week troop to hand out fliers for Albuquerque Comic Con at a comic store. I really wanted to go to hit 42 troops for the year. Why 42? Because why not.

I ended the year in 4th place for the garrison for troop count. 1st was Brandon (the ROTJ TK) with 61 (!!!), 2nd was Randy (Vader), 3rd was David (Gunner). So... the obsessed were out on that rainy Wednesday.

troop2022-42-2.jpg

Rainy. The UmbrE-11 had to make an appearance. I also had on rubber gloves after learning my lesson getting my nice pilot gloves soaked at a previous troop.

troop2022-42-3.jpg

Can a TK miss his own umbrella? Yes. Yes he can.

troop2022-42-4.jpg

After the troop, we were invited to the Pizza Hut next door. Literally everyone in the place had come out to take pix with us and were all about that Imperial Life. They gave us two free pizzas on the house.

troop2022-42-5.jpg

Yeah, shortly after this, Brandon got force choked. Sorry @elwessbrandon

troop2022-42-6.jpg

Waiting for the pies. (My sickness with stupid poses is spreading!!!!!!!!! And no butts were broken that day.)

Thanks for the smiles 2022. Here's to even more in 23. :peace:

• Like 5

As it's two in the morning already in Germany, I want to wish you a happy new year first of all! :happyandcheerfulbirthday:

42 Troops in a TK is insane, I applaud you :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

vor 58 Minuten schrieb revlimiter:

troop2022-42-6.jpg

Waiting for the pies. (My sickness with stupid poses is spreading!!!!!!!!! And no butts were broken that day.)

You. Look. Awesome! Really vibing with your pose. Who am I kidding, this entire troop log entry made me grin.

vor 59 Minuten schrieb revlimiter:

Thank you for all the smiles! Can't wait to see what you'll be up to in 2023 :peace:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revlimiter said:

12/28/22 - Lobo Anime Troop for ACC (1)

45th TK troop, 42nd for 2022

troop2022-42-1.jpg

This one was just a quick middle-of-the-week troop to hand out fliers for Albuquerque Comic Con at a comic store. I really wanted to go to hit 42 troops for the year. Why 42? Because why not.

I ended the year in 4th place for the garrison for troop count. 1st was Brandon (the ROTJ TK) with 61 (!!!), 2nd was Randy (Vader), 3rd was David (Gunner). So... the obsessed were out on that rainy Wednesday.

troop2022-42-2.jpg

Rainy. The UmbrE-11 had to make an appearance. I also had on rubber gloves after learning my lesson getting my nice pilot gloves soaked at a previous troop.

troop2022-42-3.jpg

Can a TK miss his own umbrella? Yes. Yes he can.

troop2022-42-4.jpg

After the troop, we were invited to the Pizza Hut next door. Literally everyone in the place had come out to take pix with us and were all about that Imperial Life. They gave us two free pizzas on the house.

troop2022-42-5.jpg

Yeah, shortly after this, Brandon got force choked. Sorry @elwessbrandon

troop2022-42-6.jpg

Sitting must be super high level skill!

Bart

Edited by Bartman
auto correct fix
  • Like 1

• revlimiter changed the title to [46] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log

New year new troop!!! First troop of the year is down.

1/8/23 - Lobo Anime Troop for Abq Comic Con (troop 2 of 2)

(which means it's the 2nd of 2 troops at the same place for the same event)

46th TK troop, 1st for the year.

CDZ-5435 (er, CLOR-5435) - troop 17, 1st for the year

TI-50597 - troop 8, 1st for the year

troop2021-1-4.jpg

An hour of standing around in the parking lot at a comic store, waving to cars passing by, and generally having a good troopy time. WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY! Starting the year off strong!

troop2021-1-1.jpg

Goin' my way? Anchorhead? Maybe even Mos Eisley Spaceport?

troop2021-1-3.jpg

Fire Team Rio Bravo breaking necks and causing traffic jams.

troop2021-1-2.jpg

Selfie in which I didn't miss.

troop2021-1-7.jpg

This small citizen was having his windshield replaced just down the street and wanted to come out and say hi. We talked at length about Star Wars, blasters, TKs, and every other possible thing for a long while. My cheeks hurt under my bucket. I think his dad was as excited as he was. 

I love being a TK.

And then... the cops showed up.

troop2021-1-6.jpg

A couple cars rolled in. And then a couple more... and a couple more. There was under a dozen when they'd all parked, but just barely. A *lot* of police cars and trucks. And then they started parking by us.

And one officer quietly approached and asked for a group photo.

We posed for many group pix. Dozens. So many smiles all around. One officer drove past and saw us in the parking lot. I guess he called it in and everyone available showed up to hang out for a bit.

troop2021-1-9.jpg

And then my wife got out her Imperial HR clipboard and hat and started issuing HR citations. 

You can see the effect.

troop2021-1-8.jpg

Some were cited for uniform violations. Others weren't at their post. One ate Vader's leftovers. Several were breathing too loud.

Seriously, it was brilliant. Everyone loved the citations. Some went home to chiefs and commanders. I handed out a bunch of trading cards for kids (or commanders) and it was just about the best interaction I've had with the police force to date.

A+ troop. Can't wait for more of what 2023 has to offer!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, revlimiter said:

New year new troop!!! First troop of the year is down.

1/8/23 - Lobo Anime Troop for Abq Comic Con (troop 2 of 2)

(which means it's the 2nd of 2 troops at the same place for the same event)

46th TK troop, 1st for the year.

CDZ-5435 (er, CLOR-5435) - troop 17, 1st for the year

TI-50597 - troop 8, 1st for the year

troop2021-1-4.jpg

An hour of standing around in the parking lot at a comic store, waving to cars passing by, and generally having a good troopy time. WITH MY WHOLE FAMILY! Starting the year off strong!

troop2021-1-1.jpg

Goin' my way? Anchorhead? Maybe even Mos Eisley Spaceport?

troop2021-1-3.jpg

Fire Team Rio Bravo breaking necks and causing traffic jams.

troop2021-1-2.jpg

Selfie in which I didn't miss.

troop2021-1-7.jpg

This small citizen was having his windshield replaced just down the street and wanted to come out and say hi. We talked at length about Star Wars, blasters, TKs, and every other possible thing for a long while. My cheeks hurt under my bucket. I think his dad was as excited as he was. 

I love being a TK.

And then... the cops showed up.

troop2021-1-6.jpg

A couple cars rolled in. And then a couple more... and a couple more. There was under a dozen when they'd all parked, but just barely. A *lot* of police cars and trucks. And then they started parking by us.

And one officer quietly approached and asked for a group photo.

We posed for many group pix. Dozens. So many smiles all around. One officer drove past and saw us in the parking lot. I guess he called it in and everyone available showed up to hang out for a bit.

troop2021-1-9.jpg

And then my wife got out her Imperial HR clipboard and hat and started issuing HR citations. 

You can see the effect.

troop2021-1-8.jpg

Some were cited for uniform violations. Others weren't at their post. One ate Vader's leftovers. Several were breathing too loud.

Seriously, it was brilliant. Everyone loved the citations. Some went home to chiefs and commanders. I handed out a bunch of trading cards for kids (or commanders) and it was just about the best interaction I've had with the police force to date.

A+ troop. Can't wait for more of what 2023 has to offer!

Near here when a comic book store had a TK out front on Star Wars day the cops rolled up and shoved her to the ground and arrested her.  Someone called 911 because someone " dressed like a SW character "had a gun"".  The 911 operator told both the caller and the responding officers it was Star Wars day but they still decided best to shove her to the ground.   I'm thinking this reaction by the police is a lot more sensible.  Bart

Yup. I've seen that video. Terrible response by law enforcement and likely also a bad response by the cosplayer, though the vid was silent. Add to that, it was just one cosplayer (who was a relative (kid?) of the shop owner). 

This was an official troop with a LOT of experienced troopers and sufficient handlers to speak to the public. Handlers make a huge difference. If the one poor trooper in the video had a handler, the entire situation would have been diffused quickly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, revlimiter said:

[…]

Love seeing another Delores out and about!

4 hours ago, Bartman said:

Near here when a comic book store had a TK out front on Star Wars day the cops rolled up and shoved her to the ground and arrested her.

That was the one in Alberta, right? Lethbridge I think. Bad on all fronts.

• revlimiter changed the title to [48] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log

1/14/23 - ABQ Comic Con Day 1 - booth setup

TK troop 47, 2nd for 2023.

troop2021-2-1.jpg

I didn't attend last year's comic con, so the 2023 event was my first con in armor. VERY Excite!!!! Here's our little group booth area. I helped do setup on Friday, so it counted as a troop.

troop2021-2-2.jpg

I, of course, had to get a selfie on the Death Star. In armor. Yes.

BECAUSE.....

1/14/23 - Comic Con Press Conference

TK troop 48, 3rd for 2023.

troop2021-2-3.jpg

Why in armor? Because the city had a new Electric Bus program/thing being unveiled that day at 2pm and wanted to do a press conference in conjunction with Comic Con. The bus would drop off some cosplayers in front of the convention center as a joint interest story for the bus and the con.

I was proud of the above selfie and thought it was pretty funny.

troop2021-2-4.jpg

Then Vader came along and just stomped all over my little selfie. The coffee cup was *chef's kiss*. :laugh1:

troop2021-2-6.jpg

We troopers got on the bus and waited patiently...

for a long long long time. We hung out for like 45 minutes with no driver in sight.

troop2021-2-5.jpg

So I took matters into my own hands. Fortunately, I missed all the traffic, pedestrians, and barriers on the way to the drop off a few blocks away. :laugh1:

True story though - the bus driver was no where to be found, so we were all having fun and taking pix along with the event organizers. The main bus PR lady asked if anyone could sit down for a driving pic and I basically launched myself into that seat. :laugh1: There was no way I was missing out on driving the bus in TK armor.

troop2021-2-7.jpg

The bus dropped us off (TB & TKs followed by Vader, Jango, and TX, followed by some Avenger and the event officials). The officials gave their speech and then the press wanted to talk to the 501st members. Randy took off his bucket and answered questions for about 5 min. I'm to his right. It was a proud moment for us.

-edit-

My garrison decided that booth setup and the press conference were two separate troops, so this event counted for two in our official record books. I'm updating my troop tracker and the posts to match.

FOUR troops in 2023 by Jan 14th! Crazy. :dancing-trooper:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, revlimiter said:

1/14/23 - ABQ Comic Con Day 1 - booth setup

TK troop 47, 2nd for 2023.

troop2021-2-1.jpg

I didn't attend last year's comic con, so the 2023 event was my first con in armor. VERY Excite!!!! Here's our little group booth area. I helped do setup on Friday, so it counted as a troop.

troop2021-2-2.jpg

I, of course, had to get a selfie on the Death Star. In armor. Yes.

troop2021-2-3.jpg

Why in armor? Because the city had a new Electric Bus program/thing being unveiled that day at 2pm and wanted to do a press conference in conjunction with Comic Con. The bus would drop off some cosplayers in front of the convention center as a joint interest story for the bus and the con.

I was proud of the above selfie and thought it was pretty funny.

troop2021-2-4.jpg

Then Vader came along and just stomped all over my little selfie. The coffee cup was *chef's kiss*. :laugh1:

troop2021-2-6.jpg

We troopers got on the bus and waited patiently...

for a long long long time. We hung out for like 45 minutes with no driver in sight.

troop2021-2-5.jpg

So I took matters into my own hands. Fortunately, I missed all the traffic, pedestrians, and barriers on the way to the drop off a few blocks away. :laugh1:

True story though - the bus driver was no where to be found, so we were all having fun and taking pix along with the event organizers. The main bus PR lady asked if anyone could sit down for a driving pic and I basically launched myself into that seat. :laugh1: There was no way I was missing out on driving the bus in TK armor.

troop2021-2-7.jpg

The bus dropped us off (TB & TKs followed by Vader, Jango, and TX, followed by some Avenger and the event officials). The officials gave their speech and then the press wanted to talk to the 501st members. Randy took off his bucket and answered questions for about 5 min. I'm to his right. It was a proud moment for us.

Your troops are always so fun to look at and read!  Bart

• Like 1

Sorry in advance for the metric ton of pix in this post. I culled as much as I could.

1/14/23 - ABQ Comic Con Day 2 - booth duty

TK troop 49, 4th for 2023.

troop2021-3-3.jpg

Saturday! Booth duty in my FISD shirt, TK undersuit, and Disney nerd hat. I did my 2 hours between shifts being armored up.

I spent over SEVEN hours in armor on Saturday. I almost got my fill of it. Almost got enough time in the armor.

Almost.

First, the selfies. I took hundreds. These are the creme of the crop.

troop2021-3-2.jpg

When there's trouble you call DW. I'm still fangirling about having Darkwing Duck to selfie with. One of my dear childhood 80s memories.

troop2021-3-1.jpg

She-Hulk! I was waiting outside by the taco truck for lunch (yeah, I ordered and waited in full TK) and Shulky came up and wanted a selfie with me. I happily obliged as long as I could get my own as well.

troop2021-3-4.jpg

PRINCESSES!!! Will always princesselfie.

troop2021-3-5.jpg

PRINCESS!!! They were amazing. They had a little Kylo in a stroller, but this pic of just the parents turned out best.

troop2021-3-6.jpg

MAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is Brandon who's usually the ROTJ TK in pix with me. He spent 15 minutes shy of 3 hours getting this makeup applied. He also got his Maul approved this same day. Bravo Brandon!! @elwessbrandon

troop2021-3-7.jpg

And of course, my family.

troop2021-3-8.jpg

This is most of them. We're a little odd, but we're good. Good family.

troop2021-3-9.jpg

Shot while waiting on a group photo with some comic con celebs.

troop2021-3-15.jpg

With Dmitrious Bistrevsky (Vader stunt actor from Obiwan), and Tait Fletcher (Paz Vizla actor).  I'm beside the WW2 Trooper.

troop2021-3-14.jpg

And with Amy Allen, actress for Aayla Secura. I'm in same spot, but beside a TB now with the gunner in front of me.

troop2021-3-12.jpg

What I did most of the day - Artoo detail. It was my first troop with an Artoo and I just loved the little guy.

troop2021-3-10.jpg

We were located next to the Army tent. They had a pullup bar and a basketball toss. I got egged into pull ups in armor. I was delighted to find out that I had enough arm articulation to do it! I did 5 before deciding I was done.

troop2021-3-13.jpg

Back to Artoo. I spent hours with the little guy. I started talking to him and replying to his beeps. *bweebp blap tweeetledoeee* "No Artoo, they don't all have to stop to take pix with you." FOR HOURS.  And it was brilliant. For a while we were more popular than Vader for photos. Kinda want my own droid now...

And that sums up ABQ Comic Con for me. I skipped Sunday (today) to catch up on work I missed the past couple days. Also, my armor needs hosing out bad.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Sithping said:

Awesome pictures, thanks for sharing! 

I'm sure I seen the bus ones today on 501st official Instagram. 

YESSS!! I saw it today too. Super pleased they shared it.

• Like 1

Addendum to Troop 49/4.

troop2021-3-16.jpg

We got released from our Garrison group photo session and I was DYING for tacos. My helmet fans were pumping the food truck smells into my nose at high velocity that whole time we were standing there and I was obsessed. I did a beeline for the food trucks the instant I could.

Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) happened to also be walking back toward the convention center right behind me and stopped me. She loved my Pew Pew flag blaster and wanted to take a pic of us together. With her own phone. With me. :peace: Her buddy/handler took the pic and we posed.

I didn't have the wherewithal to ask for a selfie with my own phone because my stupid brain was locked on tacos. I realized this about 5 minutes after ordering said tacos and was kicking myself. So I reached out to her on instagram today and asked. She replied with the pic in like an hour.

TK life is good. Amy is awesome. I feel special. :dancing-trooper:

• Like 5

• revlimiter changed the title to [49] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log

By the way Adam, been meaning to tell you this. You should keep a running record of all your signature images. Like perhaps list them in sequence in your "About Me" section of your profile. Very fun to see new images on a regular basis. You're so never at your post.

• Like 1

OOOOO! I didn't realize the About Me could do that. Verry interesting. I thought about doing an animated gif, but it would be a pain to keep updated.

I do have them all. I've done 23 different ones so far. :laugh1:

• Like 3

• revlimiter changed the title to [FIFTY!] TK-89400 (revlimiter) Troop Log

1/21/23 - Dillon's 6th Birthday Party

TK troop 50 (!!!!!!), 5th for 2023.

troop2023-5-1.jpg

It happened again, so I had to meme it again. :laugh1:

This was a troop for a garrison mate's kid's birthday. I don't normally do birthday troops... I've actually never done one. But we've also never had a garrison member request one. And he's one of my favorite people. Not just to troop with! Soo... Gus' son's party was my FIFTIETH TK troop!

troop2023-5-2.jpg

This pic was high effort, but it needed to be done. These kids are all fantastic and none need their faces all over the intartoobs unnecessarily.

As you can see, it was a huge turnout. We had our end-of-term 2022 Garrison Party this same night and no more troops till March, so everyone was eager to get their armor on. (I'm beside Juno).

troop2023-5-6.jpg

And who could resist an arcade party!??! Not this little white trooper.

troop2023-5-3.jpg

We found the balloon we were looking for.

troop2023-5-4.jpg

We engaged in advanced target practice.

troop2023-5-8.jpg

We helped the local younglings battle the dinosaur hoards.

(side note, I was this kid's personal TK for a good 20 minutes. He sat next to me at this Jurassic Park game and played a round (in which we blew up a TON of dinosaurs), then we went all over playing games together. He was fantastic.)

troop2023-5-9.jpg

... and we subjected ourselves to public ridicule! Yeah, it's hard to do a basket in the bucket.

troop2023-5-7.jpg

It was a REWARDING experience. :D

Seriously a great troop for my 50th.  I played shooting games till my trigger finger ached. Good times!

Later that night we had our end of year party in which....

troop2023-5-10.jpg

I got Rookie of the Year!!! Me and @elwessbrandon posing with our awards (Trooper of the year! HELL YEAH BROTHER!!!) The room was super dusty when I got this. 

I love being a TK.  50 times in the bucket in public and it just gets better every time. :smiley-sw013:

• Like 4