Helmet help.

1 hour ago, OperatorAF said:

I’ve been a long time member of the 501st. And the last bucket I built was an FX and it was a shadowtrooper. But quick question? Is there a preferred method of placement for the dome on a helmet?. Ie inside or outside of back of the helmet. Thanks

Preferred is a 2 piece helmet, alignment of the ears and brow trim is important, follow screen references and you should be right.

aqL1Zj9.jpg?2  oYDEzWK.jpg?1  wAMSyBP.jpg?2

ANH Stunt

WI2bP5F.jpg?1  Mcn1ygN.jpg?1  oZJo3tr.jpg?2

A few tutorials

It’s a three piece. 

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Preferred is a 2 piece helmet, alignment of the ears and brow trim is important, follow screen references and you should be right.

aqL1Zj9.jpg?2  oYDEzWK.jpg?1  wAMSyBP.jpg?2

ANH Stunt

WI2bP5F.jpg?1  Mcn1ygN.jpg?1  oZJo3tr.jpg?2

A few tutorials

I got that part of the brow alignment. I have a three piece TK. Does the back of the dome go on the inside of the rear piece or on the outside when sealing all three pieces together. I’ve seen it done both ways and I’m wondering which is more preferable for approval. 

1 hour ago, OperatorAF said:

It’s a three piece. 

I got that part of the brow alignment. I have a three piece TK. Does the back of the dome go on the inside of the rear piece or on the outside when sealing all three pieces together. I’ve seen it done both ways and I’m wondering which is more preferable for approval. 

Depends on how the maker intended them to be built, there are very few now making 3 piece helmets, I would presume the cap would go over the back, the other way it would be more noticeable.

Here's a three piece helmet build and it's cap/dome over back. Note the images are watermarked but you will get the idea

100_6724_zps5dfb1de1.jpg.fdb9d2d2074a6876885fd27de4309eea.jpg

Here's another build with the back on top of the cap/dome and it's very noticeable

e9c6de18a4ab9b96fd2550b18b35e1f1.jpg

Personally I would do the first, cap/dome over backplate BUT it still depends on how the maker intended them to be assembled, notice the first image the cap/dome is recessed for the backplate, the second image may or may not be.