ATA stunt helmet build

Cheeseballs

Did some of the trimming suggested by [mention=31976]CableGuy[/mention] 
Mso6hJd.jpg
1c63RYG.jpgkFsB1ic.jpg

the gap on this next one here was a little too big so I heat shaped the side of the helmet a little to minimize the gap
fTjRAVr.jpg
K4VUavs.jpg

Trimmed the neck hole a little too. Gonna need a new neck trim, I ripped it when pulling it off lol
tJSRXuM.jpg

Cleaned up the paint details a lot more, and added decal blue tube stripes got off of ebay
FzhCq89.jpg
uvsvU3J.jpg
G7WsFMz.jpg
jhOTbSj.jpg

Nice work. The proportions of the ears look much better now.

Are you pleased with the changes? :-)
  • Like 1

Took off the ears again to file and sand the edges just so it looks a little cleaner, then repainted the screws since the paint was rubbing off. ASvYGo4.jpgnh5hZWO.jpgkXHxWrv.jpg4pEE0XM.jpg

Visor installed as well. I attached it to the screws sticking out from the ears and side of the helmet

tEg0GTj.jpg

Nearly there! 
2UZ3NI7.jpg

Just need frown mesh, either reattach the neck trim or get a new one since it’s a little ripped, then add padding. 

• Like 2

Nice work so far, ATA ears are a lot thicker than other makers ears so you can fine tune and trim more than others.

Can't quite tell if you have a step at the top of your ears where it meets the backplate, you will find this will help with the gaps quite a lot as the top section will sit flatter

cap ear fit.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work so far, ATA ears are a lot thicker than other makers ears so you can fine tune and trim more than others.

Can't quite tell if you have a step at the top of your ears where it meets the backplate, you will find this will help with the gaps quite a lot as the top section will sit flatter

cap ear fit.png

Thanks, but I think I’m pretty happy with the current position of the ears. I don’t wanna touch those blasted things ever again lol

• Like 1

Padding and frown mesh added

I also added in a chinstrap I fabricated with Velcro, foam and nylon straps to help with stability. I had to bulk up some of the pads with extra Eva foam to help it conform over the shap of my head. Took some trial and error but it sits decently now, especially with the chinstrap. However the chinstrap is a little fiddly to put on since u gotta reach into the helmet while you’re wearing it lol. The strapping and pad’s comfyness is pretty decent tho.

AqgbJ5d.jpg
TZ5jyvM.jpg

njd46wO.jpg

Now all I gotta do is wait for the new neck trim from trooperbay and I’m done!

PT8oi19.jpg

Edited by Cheeseballs
  • Like 1

I wore my chin strap for the fist 5 minutes of my first troop and never again, was the most uncomfortable thing I've worn :laugh1:

• Like 2

It may not sound like it, but removing the padding from the very top of your bucket and beefing up the padding on the sides makes for the maximum amount of comfort and sight ability. I think I could do a handstand and not have my bucket fall off or move with how I have the padding around the base of my neck and ears. No chin strap required.

I also don't have the dexterity to mess with a chin strap once my arms and gloves are on.

• Like 1