3d printed kit posts

Tanz

Hi, I have not been here in a very long time and I was wondering in which section of the forum I could post about my current print build project?

I'm working on the new Stormtrooper from The Bad Batch and really didn't know where to post about.

Thanks for your time.

Welcome aboard stranger ;)

At this stage probably under Non Approved Star Wars Costumes as there is no CRL for that costume https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/97-other-non-approved-star-wars-costumes/

For approval a CRL would need to be written and discussed with our DL @Sly11 as well as the LMO team, some info on new to the legion costumes can be found here 

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide Also supply as many references as you can.

I've been looking at his files as a long term print project.

Looking forward to seeing your progress 

3 hours ago, Tanz said:

Hi, I have not been here in a very long time and I was wondering in which section of the forum I could post about my current print build project?

I'm working on the new Stormtrooper from The Bad Batch and really didn't know where to post about.

Thanks for your time.

Hi Lando and welcome!

The moment I saw the words New Stormtrooper from the Bad Batch, you got my attention!!

I would agree with Glen on the location, but if you are intending to build this to eventually have it approved as a Legion costume, certainly start your thread in that area. As things progress we can relocate your thread if needed.

What i would include in your thread is your reference images of this character firstly.

We have a thread in which we took shots that were available from various web pages when the episode aired but these are in a 501st only visible area of the forums.

If you get your build thread started i am more than happy to paste these into your thread.

Secondly, for adding any images to the forums, we always recommend you use a third party hosting service. The main one to use is Imgur (yep it's free)

Here is a couple of links on how to use it.

Lastly, we are here to support you and your ambition to build and potentially write a CRL and get you approved.

I will need to have a few conversations with the LMO team to make sure we have enough substantial references for front, back Lefty and right sides of the character as this is a minimum requirement.

You are more than welcome to reach out to me anytime via PM if you wish to discuss this project.

I'm excited, and loo forward to seeing your progress.

6 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Welcome aboard stranger ;)

At this stage probably under Non Approved Star Wars Costumes as there is no CRL for that costume https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/97-other-non-approved-star-wars-costumes/

For approval a CRL would need to be written and discussed with our DL @Sly11 as well as the LMO team, some info on new to the legion costumes can be found here 

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide Also supply as many references as you can.

I've been looking at his files as a long term print project.

Looking forward to seeing your progress 

4 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Hi Lando and welcome!

The moment I saw the words New Stormtrooper from the Bad Batch, you got my attention!!

I would agree with Glen on the location, but if you are intending to build this to eventually have it approved as a Legion costume, certainly start your thread in that area. As things progress we can relocate your thread if needed.

What i would include in your thread is your reference images of this character firstly.

We have a thread in which we took shots that were available from various web pages when the episode aired but these are in a 501st only visible area of the forums.

If you get your build thread started i am more than happy to paste these into your thread.

Secondly, for adding any images to the forums, we always recommend you use a third party hosting service. The main one to use is Imgur (yep it's free)

Here is a couple of links on how to use it.

Lastly, we are here to support you and your ambition to build and potentially write a CRL and get you approved.

I will need to have a few conversations with the LMO team to make sure we have enough substantial references for front, back Lefty and right sides of the character as this is a minimum requirement.

You are more than welcome to reach out to me anytime via PM if you wish to discuss this project.

I'm excited, and loo forward to seeing your progress.

Hi and thank you both for getting back to me and all the information, it totally helps out. While I print a lot of helmets, this is my first go at a full kit. So I'm pretty stoked.

I'll be sure to make an Imgur account for my thread.

Yeah, reference images on the armor aren't the best, and I'm going off what's seen in the Episode, I've see online, and what the file creator shows.

Currently I have the helmet completed, and prepping for the rest.

Thanks again and hope to have my thread up soon. Please feel free to PM me if there are any question or issues.

• Like 2