LEGOeatPokemon's TM Snowtrooper Build

LEGOeatPokemon

Ok, so I decided to add a bit more weathering, as it really didn't look like much after later consideration. I can always remove some if I overdid it

grls8h5.jpg
SWgB6Yu.jpg
uc41rKs.jpg
UCoQkZC.jpg
N9YcqdN.jpg
2HHb0wh.jpg
i124Eu4.jpg
eguuAeG.jpg
ZM194m0.jpg
1xKY3dz.jpg
XCrCTW3.jpg
sydFyPy.jpg
bpFb5Fl.jpg
3UJX7lR.jpg
kSdv6pp.jpg
AixL7jY.jpg

I personally think it came out a bit better...?

• Like 3

I would be tempted to take a vet rag or paper and try to dab out the brushstrokes a little to make it look more natural. Around the rim of the helmet is just fine though as that was how they did for the movie :duim:

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, TheSwede said:

I would be tempted to take a vet rag or paper and try to dab out the brushstrokes a little to make it look more natural. Around the rim of the helmet is just fine though as that was how they did for the movie :duim:

What about this? I dabbed out some of the more obvious brush strokes to make it look more natural. Might not be that noticeable, but still. :p

k3lvJcy.jpg
NbW4Eok.jpg
FMnrHJm.jpg
3qBvuir.jpg
raXH7Fi.jpg
RkuT3Y2.jpg
M3zrIss.jpg
ELDUiyJ.jpg
K7HUJZc.jpg
2ZzY8TC.jpg

Need to weather the soft goods too, soon. Will do a coffee spray for that.

2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Yep:duim:  I would also add some black to bring the brown down a bit.

Also, what happend to the helmet?

k3lvJcy.jpg

I guess it's the bump you're referring, right? I hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it just now and it seems I may have screwed up a long time ago :mellow:

I just checked and it seems that is what happened when I glued on the vinyl in the first place:

6EOIF2N.jpg

See how it's squeezing the right side more than the left? I hadn't noticed that until right now, it's been like this for months! :6:

660Oxlz.jpg

OQp1h8d.jpg

I hope it's not a big deal, I just don't want to take the helmet apart or use a heat gun now that I'm so close :(

14 hours ago, LEGOeatPokemon said:

at gun

What glue did you use? I’ll be blunt honest and say it doesn’t look all that good. First step would be to reglue the cowl on that side if e6000 were used, second step would be to use creative weathering to try and make it less obvious. With that said, you will get the best looking helmet if you redo it. If a total makeover is necessary than do it on a rainy day with nothing else to do:)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

What glue did you use? I’ll be blunt honest and say it doesn’t look all that good. First step would be to reglue the cowl on that side if e6000 were used, second step would be to use creative weathering to try and make it less obvious. With that said, you will get the best looking helmet if you redo it. If a total makeover is necessary than do it on a rainy day with nothing else to do:)

It's e6000, so I can redo that bit, but would it be necessary to reform the plastic? I haven't really used a heat gun before and it's a bit too late for a warm bath, so I would like to avoid it if possible, but I understand  if it's needed. The biggest problem though, is my time. I would really like to have it approved by Comiccon and since I will probably need some modifications before that I don't have too much time, with how often I'm able to work on it.

No worries Jonas, start with the weathering and we’ll take it from there. That will probably ”hide it” enough for ComicCon and then we can look into the other options.

Let’s try the ”easy-out” first:duim:

• Like 1

Ok, this may have been easier than I thought.:mellow:

So the reason that part of the helmet was so "tight" as it were, is because I had glued the shroud and the visor together (which I hadn't on the other side). So after removing some of the glue (thank God for e6000) it went back to it's natural curve, or atleast close enough for it to be not noticeable. 

Before:

bpFb5Fl.jpg

After:

rXqLrYy.jpg

As you can see it's pretty even on the sides now (I atleast think so). 

VnVyAlt.jpg

LhQvyV8.jpg

And regarding the weathering, as I didn't need to remove much of the glue, the parts that I had painted look fine:

ODUfShr.jpg

Last but not least, the ugly bump is bearly noticable anymore! It's still there, but unless you look for it, you shouldn't be able to see it

ek2jvuR.jpg

Thoughts @TheSwede ?

Ok, I needed to spray with coffee again as the batch I had done previously was not that strong and wasn't noticeable when dried. That being said, I think I'm (hopefully) done with the weathering!

BVthXe3.jpg
FHYPsHo.jpg
neZGTLs.jpg
OPWb5pv.jpg
hNLD720.jpg
dmBaon0.jpg
nKluQS8.jpg
S1igvgF.jpg
69HYNAR.jpg

Edited by LEGOeatPokemon
  • Like 1

Aaand... Approved! :dancing-trooper:

PsWXWIq.jpg
auDKpFb.jpg
5u1MyrP.jpg
SLQHzVN.jpg
8XPmtx0.jpg
kQYAjSh.jpg

I did jump over some steps regarding going back and forth with the coat weathering, but hey, No one needs to see that slog. :P

I do want to thank my GML Daniel @TheSwede for helping me along the way, it probably would've been a lot harder without him. Thank you too, everybody else that's been watching this build, it's been a year, but it's finally done!

• Like 3