LEGOeatPokemon's TM Snowtrooper Build

LEGOeatPokemon

Hello there!
Some of you might remember when I first came to this forum 2 years ago, I was searching for advice for a Snowtrooper before you guys helped me find courage to fix my TK:salute: . So now, in my quest to build one armor for each of the OT movies I've landed on ESB. After saving for a while for a Snowie I bought one from Troopermaster together with all the soft goods. Only need some small stuff, but I should be able to find it relativily easily.
UEMUVs7.jpg
This will probably be a slow build as I still have school and other stuff hanging around but it may pick up speed once I really start.

Now I have some questions;
-Does anybody have a good source for an ESB E-11? I've got a DLT-19 on the way and I already have an ANH one but I feel it could be good with a smaller, more accurate blaster.
-Does anyone have any opinion on E6000 plus? I know you should look out for fake ones but I think this is from the right company. I have a hard time finding any other E6000 in Sweden and would prefer not buying any outside the country because our customsservice is both slow and expensive. But if not, I can always buy from trooperbay or somesuch.

This build is also going to be posted on Blizzardforce and Nordic Legions forums.

Well that's it for now, see you soon!

Edited by LEGOeatPokemon
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the build

I've not seen E6000 plus so can't help with info there. Some reviews on this Amazon page, down the bottom https://www.amazon.com.au/E6000-Plus-570110-Adhesive-Clear/dp/B07QJDJYC6

With ESB blasters for Snowies there are a few options

Standard ESB Stormtrooper style, no counter or hengstler

200px-TK_esb_blaster1.jpeg

Snowtrooper-blaster-real.jpg

Promo/ROTJ style

200px-TK_esb_blaster2.jpeg

Pugman-Snowtrooper-blaster.jpg

More images in this thread 

A few options for purchasing, recently these have been mentioned

3D printed 

Quest Designs (not sure if they can do an ESB style)

https://www.questdesigncanada.com/collections/frontpage/products/star-wars-stormtrooper-e-11-blaster-prop-replica-stormtrooper-v3

And JMC looks to do the ROTJ style greebles

https://www.facebook.com/Troopercoola

https://www.facebook.com/groups/300153641472608

245011980_10158376527806964_6803754728734609893_n.thumb.jpg.36ee5fbf063e75a18d8a0205f00b8022.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for the suggestions Glen! :)
I've ordered a blaster from Imperial Warfighters on FB (100£) and e6000 from amazon, the glue will probably come at the end of the month so I will work on something without that in the meantime.

• Like 2

I have a rubber e11 for my esb tk which I bought from Sheartech in the UK, and I love it. Being rubber I am not nervous at all with passing it to kids (of all ages); I wouldn't say indestructible, but it's pretty close.

https://www.facebook.com/sheartech/

d36388af08c4b2308439726f35ff72eb.jpg78fb1a20001785f1d28d60b7df843bba.jpg

Re e6000 plus, I'm not a fan. In the UK it's very difficult to get hold of the original e6000 that is so popular, so I can't give a direct comparison, but I've e6000 plus at the start of my tk build and very quickly switched to alternative. E6000 plus is (to me) not much more than a clear silicon sealant, and not an effective glue (OK for things that don't need strength, such as ab buttons). I used Gorilla Glue clear contact adhesive on my tk. It's very easy to find in the UK, cheap, strong, and still easy (with care) to remove/disassemble parts when needed.

Hope that's helpful

705028509669ad10f4c5824aee85836d.jpg

• Like 2

Took off some return edges today for the arm pieces, thanks to a tip from our dear GML Daniel. :)
YpOnbNZ.jpg
i6BgdFX.jpg
S0ciTzC.jpg

BTW, What's your opinion on my eye slits?
atros29.jpg

If there are any more things I've missed please tell, I want to be done with all the trimming! :P

2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Why not bring your kit to Comic Con and we can give you a hand there:duim: I’ll be there Friday and sunday.

I'd love to, but I don't think I have space for it together with the TK and other stuff. :unsure: On the other hand, things might be picking up now that the glue has arrived....

Or not, we shall see :)

Thank you though for the oppurtunity though! :salute:

• Like 1

Made some tea today!
z5sZHsO.jpg

They look a bit darker in person, but still, do they need more bath?
0ZOCBgJ.jpg

Question, should I give these a bath too? Or should I save it for the weathering?
YJDR8Xl.jpg
These are just beige.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello there! It's been a month since last time, life got in the way of things, but today I managed atleast to finish my belt!
OnI2KNP.jpg
We shall see if it goes this slow with the rest (hopefully not), See you next time!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Long time no see! :D:dancing-trooper:

There has been a lot in the way recently, school mostly, but today I managed to take some hours to work on this.
I managed to make the whole groin ensamble;
ht7Mz5X.jpg
uKjQTQD.jpg
nK5GktJ.jpg
zo41Zua.jpg
RzNpEPw.jpg
The boot straps;
UuxS8rk.jpg
And the brackets for the chest. (I couldn't really hammer in the rivets very well so I tried to glue some e6000 on them, went so-so, will clean it up soon.)
QU3npvC.jpg

Hopefully not this long wait for next time, but until then, see ya! :salute:

• Like 2

Great to see you back at it! I had a long break myself from my TK build. I always loved the Snowie helmets; maybe someday I’ll get my hands on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Today I continued with the shoulder bridges, now I need some help; Do I need to cut off some tabs as it is or does it look fine? (I have it taped with 3 tabs in the front.) Help is appreciated.
moMIahz.jpg

For something else, I managed to begin work on the helmet, I added the screw on the dome but there were some gaps that made it move around so I added some e6000 to make it stop.
hFRqyOh.jpg
I also added the cowl to the visor, not to bad if I do say so. (Also, sorry, but only one layer. :P )
Bj7lAPN.jpg

• Like 1