DocDan's FOTK Build (Back Stage Props)

DocDan

Shame the lower shin decals don't fill the whole area, the decals probably right sized just the recessed area too long

Reference

large.975311458_TFARgreavespatdetailmeas

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Shame the lower shin decals don't fill the whole area, the decals probably right sized just the recessed area too long

Reference

large.975311458_TFARgreavespatdetailmeas

Yep-totally do not like that either! :angry2: They are Anovos decals and my kit is BSP which they obviously made the recessed oval too large on the armor.  I could always use some gaffer tape and cut to size but don't want the black oval to be too large.  I'll go with this for now and see what happens.

• Like 1

The shin decals were really bothering me!  I took some time and made a small template and used some gaffers tape in place of black vinyl.  Hopefully they look a bit better as they now fill that recessed area a lot better!

RkB4EOz.jpg

Left Shin=after                                          Right Shin=before

g2R0R1Y.jpg

JN7rXAa.jpg

myqxqTc.jpg

Edited by DocDan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all. I finally got some time to take my submission photos yesterday! The day has arrived...Sent them to my GML team last night.  Fingers crossed! B)

lXsd40Q.jpg

VWwVbu4.jpg

3vXWTwa.jpg

9EWSZ6S.jpg

fYIb2rL.jpg

grpBiDw.jpg

aMIxHX2.jpg

fvUhrRZ.jpg

bGhUW6e.jpg

qTherDm.jpg

onPS6CU.jpg

nDxVgMz.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good, a couple of things you may need to adjust that your GML may require

Side closer not quite straight. Also there is a big gap from you the bottom of your TD to the armor.

bGhUW6e.jpg

Biceps could be rotated, clips at front ;) 

lXsd40Q.jpg

large.47C7F430-3BD1-478A-9E8B-BA0DD0B8A2

Good luck with approval, hope to see you with a TKID soon 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2022 at 6:00 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good, a couple of things you may need to adjust that your GML may require

Side closer not quite straight. Also there is a big gap from you the bottom of your TD to the armor.

bGhUW6e.jpg

Biceps could be rotated, clips at front ;) 

lXsd40Q.jpg

large.47C7F430-3BD1-478A-9E8B-BA0DD0B8A2

Good luck with approval, hope to see you with a TKID soon 

Hey thanks Glen @gmrhodes13 and Mario @TKSpartan for the feedback and encouragement. Yeah the biceps have to be adjusted for sure. Will make sure I make sure they are in line next time I push them up and attach them to the Velcro on the bells (my wife helped attach those for me)

The TD, yes, I had forgotten to place the double thickness Velcro after painting on there to keep it attached to the ab section. I have since added it and it will keep it down now. :duim:

The right chest plate side wing, I agree and will make sure I get that straight next time.  

• Like 2

Hi team. I’m in! :shok:

1oeFVnM.jpg

There are a few things I want to take care of to make it better. I’m adding white felt to the back of the belt boxes so they don’t rub off the paint on my right thigh. Same with the insides of my shoulder bells on my biceps. I also want to get a better spat set up. Also currently working on the heavy F11D, pistol and shield.

• Like 3

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the FOTK ranks, you can request higher TK access here ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the FOTK ranks, you can request higher TK access here ;) 

Thanks Glen for all your support through my build! It meant a lot knowing people were looking at it and there guiding.

Did not know there was that option for more access so thanks for the link.  I have my request in. 

• Like 2