DocDan's FOTK Build (Back Stage Props)

DocDan

My first test fit of the lower parts! Wow, feels so good to actually wear something.  I found out I needed to adjust and trim some parts on the cod, thighs and shins. Also got to see how the gaskets work so I added more foam to fill things out.  Thank goodness for my wife helping me suit up :icon_eek:. I hope I can learn how to don this myself.

9ouVMsc.jpg

1HMCq5n.jpg

ZiCzbrG.jpg

I ended up trimming more from the tops of the thighs in the front and back.  Is this looking ok?

OdekkcG.jpg

m3dDGdl.jpg

sAg1bWD.jpg

This fine tuning the parts should help me move better and maybe dress myself.

• Like 1

Looking god Daniel, I know it's never easy cutting into armor that's built but I'm confident it's going to look fantastic once the mod is completed.  

• Like 1

Started the yoke section.  We had to source this from Walt’s Trooper Factory as the one that came with our kits did not have a return edge on the yoke.

KJcud1A.jpg

Z5bsnYP.jpg

2QZnXxT.jpg

4BMdvKj.jpg

make sure to remove this piece…this where the back will sit up against.

0QUdkwb.jpg

o5PAgrC.jpg

All glued

I1GRR8Y.jpg

• Like 1

The front piece is way too small for my head (or any other human) so I had to cut it a bit.  First try I used a paint can as a template…

i0UtxxO.jpg

Still too small of an opening, so I went to a lid from a muffin mix container(the kind schools get in bulk)…That finally did the trick!

baV35oj.jpg

Test fit…I made sure not to cut too wide as the chest plate will cover this.

1mx63dD.jpg

• Like 3

Coming along well.

A lot of the armor makers don't have this full piece section but it is screen accurate, can normally you can see the extra lower ridge under the chest section, the neck area shouldn't matter as the chest will cover it.

gallery_18732_81_1571281.png

• Like 3

The pulls on this kit are really crisp, I'm loving it, along with your build progress.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sly11 said:

The pulls on this kit are really crisp, I'm loving it, along with your build progress.

Yeah-the chest plate, back, yoke and side belt boxes are from Walt's Trooper Factory.  The rest of the kit is Back Stage Props

• Like 1

Slight issue, this yoke is so tight, I can’t really get it on without risking the shoulders cracking.  After thought, I decided to trim some of the front wings off(the chest plate will cover this) and extended the back wings.  This will allow me to get my shoulders in the yoke and through that space, then close it up.

0Wanjeq.jpg

Really hated to do this but I saw no other choice…

OYoZ0O0.jpg

These wings will be removable with Velcro that I’ll install after I have the yoke on…

91NUjxV.jpg

FsImGSc.jpg

Doing some small items.  Made some clips for the cod and butt plate and added some elastic.

Az4fSWF.jpg

Epoxed some clips to the knees and will use elastic for now.  May add Velcro or a snap down the road.

sGF5LcX.jpg

Used some craft foam to place in the front belt boxes.  This gives the proper spacing when I put the two halves together.

twVK58m.jpg

7AVYnt6.jpg

lDwi1tw.jpg

97DFJIE.jpg

6pYW8ix.jpg

• Like 1

Added Velcro to the gloves

adDcaYd.jpg

The hand plates are deep so adding some padding 

3u4T5OB.jpg

pKH7c8F.jpg

Started forming and adding the snaps to the shoulder brackets

080UkPA.jpg

qIEY3py.jpg

• Like 1

Foam inside the belt boxes is a great idea, always amazes me with all the builds you see that someone has a new spin on assembling a part, coming along great.

• Like 1

Getting the markings and measurements just right before I make the bracket slots.

HaCvamV.jpg

BAUYbxO.jpg

Really hated to cut into this!  Not sure if I will make slots for the 1” webbing as it will only make it weaker. Will do a test fit to make sure. I think as long as I have these tabs to keep the shoulders up and the 2 wraps on each bicep it should keep them in place. Has anyone else done this?

bNamiq0.jpg

getting the fit and bends/curvature just right…

LTKkXy7.jpg

Gobs of e6000! Hoping this will add strength to this seemingly weak area.

2QCocji.jpg

6aIbMin.jpg

Opened up the vent. I was going to use a black sticker but decided to go for the more authentic look :D

GgE7ntZ.jpg

I used a new razor blade to make the cuts then used some force and heat to bend the flap in. I also sanded some of he edges off to make the gap a bit larger.

onUhpLh.jpg

Im glad I did this. I believe I just need to use gaffers tape behind this vent.

Edited by DocDan
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, DocDan said:

Opened up the vent. I was going to use a black sticker but decided to go for the more authentic screen look :D

GgE7ntZ.jpg

I used a new razor blade to make the cuts then used some force and heat to bend the flap in. I also sanded some of he edges off to make the gap a bit larger.

onUhpLh.jpg

Im glad I did this. I believe I just need to use gaffers tape behind this vent.

That's exactly what I did. Great job. :duim:

Got the bells together and mounted with the strapping

2Jqbrin.jpg

OHWfcmP.jpg

HkB5HrS.jpg

fcyVuQP.jpg

I decided to make the snaps adjustable so added some Velcro. May change the 1” belting to elastic in the future.

eLuFKOy.jpg

EnX8ozL.jpg

e4MkOIQ.jpg

iNOn0i1.jpg

2dBn34L.jpg

I9url3k.jpg

• Like 2

Working on defining the line in the biceps as well...

xMmERT3.jpg

I think they will look much better than the latter. I used a small micro, round file.

HktykqA.jpg

Adding Velcro for the shoulder and elbow gaskets

3W9vkxV.jpg

• Like 2