Jump to content

TKFortin's AP ANH Stunt TK (First Build, Short, Chunky Boi AND I suck so I'm pretty much doomed hahaha)


Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2021 at 6:30 PM, TKFortin said:

Thanks for the super useful tip! I'm in Quebec and I have gorilla or Lepage super glue readily available but locktite is more expensive and will take like 3 weeks to arrive though haha. I might try gorilla if you believe it's good too.

I used this stuff and it worked great.  You can find it at Canadian Tire. 

 

 

Edited by wook1138
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TKFortin said:

Thanks for the super useful tip! I'm in Quebec and I have gorilla or Lepage super glue readily available but locktite is more expensive and will take like 3 weeks to arrive though haha. I might try gorilla if you believe it's good too.

Gorilla glue should work too, never used it myself though. Just remember to use tiny drops, that’s more important than any sanding. It’s always good to clean the glove :)

 

Have you watched any building videos on youtube? Here’s one I watched ALOT before my first armor arrived.

https://youtube.com/c/ArmorBuildingwithTK1636

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Gorilla glue should work too, never used it myself though. Just remember to use tiny drops, that’s more important than any sanding. It’s always good to clean the glove :)

 

Have you watched any building videos on youtube? Here’s one I watched ALOT before my first armor arrived.

https://youtube.com/c/ArmorBuildingwithTK1636

Thanks! Yeah, I've watched many hours of these videos  it's just that different makers give different parts for the belt situation and don't really explain much when it comes to that part. As far as I remember there's not that much info on the hand guards either. Sorry if that's not the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, TKFortin said:

Thanks! Yeah, I've watched many hours of these videos  it's just that different makers give different parts for the belt situation and don't really explain much when it comes to that part. As far as I remember there's not that much info on the hand guards either. Sorry if that's not the case.

No worries, it was just a general suggestion:duim:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And If you wan’t to take a look how I do it on my builds, look at page two:salute: I followed a great Troopermaster-tutorial. 

 

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can also recommend the Super glue 2 part kits. many troopers have used it with great success, myself included.

My Plates are still attached to the rubber gloves now for the last 7 years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! Quick update for y'all!

 

Gloves glued with gorilla glue!

 

Whole belt finished with chicago screws! 

 

Biggest step left is closing the thighs but I might have trouble cause I got thunder thighs now...

 

Will keep you guys posted. Thanks a lot for the help so far :)

 

I still have to learn to use photobucket so bare with me for pictures later haha! Cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, my belt keeps sagging down and a friend told me that he used velcro on top of his chicago screws to keep the belt still but he's very busy right now so do you guys know how to do it optimally? There's always the possibility of a screw through the armor and belt, too. Any other advice? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TKFortin said:

I still have to learn to use photobucket so bare with me for pictures later haha! Cheers!

Unless you pay for photobucket you won't be able to use, most of us use Imgur as it's free ;) 

 

3 hours ago, TKFortin said:

Also, my belt keeps sagging down and a friend told me that he used velcro on top of his chicago screws to keep the belt still but he's very busy right now so do you guys know how to do it optimally? There's always the possibility of a screw through the armor and belt, too. Any other advice? Thanks!

A bit hard to comment without a photo but I have seen quite a few people add velcro to the middle section of the belt to help keep it up.

 

If you make sure there is an upwards angle on the belt on the sides you will find this keeps the belt in place and tight, as it sits into the curve of the back and when tight won't sag.

This image is of my TFU but it shows the belt angle on the sides, notice the angle upwards towards the rear and also the belt sitting in the curve of the back, when tight it can't slip at the front ;) 

HVVunE4.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Unless you pay for photobucket you won't be able to use, most of us use Imgur as it's free ;) 

 

A bit hard to comment without a photo but I have seen quite a few people add velcro to the middle section of the belt to help keep it up.

 

If you make sure there is an upwards angle on the belt on the sides you will find this keeps the belt in place and tight, as it sits into the curve of the back and when tight won't sag.

This image is of my TFU but it shows the belt angle on the sides, notice the angle upwards towards the rear and also the belt sitting in the curve of the back, when tight it can't slip at the front ;) 

HVVunE4.jpg

Thanks for the great tips! Yeah, I meant Imgur actually haha. I guess I'll try putting velcro with e-6000 then :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So

 

- Velcro done!

 

- I put my《inside》cover strips for the thighs (for strenght etc.) and in a few days I'll do the the outside cover strips

 

2 questions for you guys: 

 

Best way to link the thighs to the rest of the armor so they stay still?

 

And

 

Can I use the elastic fabric I used for the drop boxes for the back of the shoulder straps? (I would obviously cut it so it's fairly thin. If not, what should I use? Thanks a bunch!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TKFortin said:

2 questions for you guys: 

Best way to link the thighs to the rest of the armor so they stay still?

And

Can I use the elastic fabric I used for the drop boxes for the back of the shoulder straps? (I would obviously cut it so it's fairly thin. If not, what should I use? Thanks a bunch!

R63O0di.jpg

 

I used to use a setup which went over the shoulders but now just elastic wrapped around a belt with snaps to the thighs. I use the plastic adjuster clips too so you can adjust if elastic stretches.

 

Only have this image handy

DZirxjk.jpg

 

This should give you an idea, you don't need the Y piece but it does help keep them central

dds.png.2f6a5db8109912ff1a80247c0b9fc70f.png

 

 

I've seen some glue theirs to the thighs BUT you can't adjust then

blet.png.5cddc695fffe539a69eafe4561481c84.png

 

Some add to the ab but I find that a bit fiddly

unnamed.jpg.690d549edb40b96745e8f8f732d517ed.jpg

 

 

Shoulder straps you should use a strong wide elastic as your shoulders will be pulling on them. In some cases you need to double over the elastic depends how strong it is.

image001.png

 

 

M6x4yFP.png

 

Center snaps for shoulder bell strapping

lRxJ2VM.jpg?2

 

This one is glued on one side, but again using glue you can't swap out if needed

Cj1qGMa.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great suggestions, it helps a lot :)

 

Sorry if I don't write big paragraphs, I've got 2 young children and work full time so I've got very limited time haha. The help is greatly appreciated though!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will probably install the shoulder bell strap elastics today. I will most likely use the same elastic as I used for the drop boxes and cut it narrower. I had the idea to glue the elastic to itself while it's on the strap. If I want to modify it I'll just have to cut it and install a new one :)

 

also pondering if trying to bend the shoulder straps with a regular hair dryer might work as I do not have a heat gun...

 

I found some info on the groin snap etc. But could not find a picture of the inside of the armor to see the optimal way to set the whole thing up. I know I have to use a split rivet on the groin and I have a strap with a hole on one side (for the split rivet) and a snap on the other side and I also have the necessary snaps but, again, not sure how to do all of it optimally.

 

I'm SOOOOOO close to the end, I can feel it haha!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looked up the whole cod strap stuff and figured it out! Actually I even did all of it today haha!

 

Will probably install the shoulder elastics later today or in the next few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TKFortin said:

also pondering if trying to bend the shoulder straps with a regular hair dryer might work as I do not have a heat gun...

I doubt a hair dryer will give you enough heat, you could try a hot water bath

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry for the lack of photos, I was too lazy to figure imgur out haha! Maybe later. Anyways, other than minor visual bits and bobs and some improvements...

 

I'M DONE!!! After all this time! Believe me, it took a while hahahaha!

 

Now I just have to check if I have everything and if not, where to find these little things. Like the screws underneath the chest armor, for example.

 

One happy trooper here :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well if you work out posting photos you could post some in the pre approval forum for feedback https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allright, so I got the Imgur app and I believe there is no direct link button on the app so I can't put pictures directly here for now... Again...

Edited by TKFortin
Test
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, TKFortin said:

Allright, so I got the Imgur app and I believe there is no direct link button on the app so I can't put pictures directly here for now... Again...

You will find a section here on using on mobiles, I forget not everyone uses a computer ;) 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...