Hello Bundaberg, QLD Australia

Direwolf

The guys over at the Redback Garrison set me here to do some research.  I'm looking to put togther a ANH Stromtrooper costume, so it looks like I'm in the right place.

I've done a little reading on the suppliers thread and I'd be interested to hear feedback from other Aussies on shipping.  Looks like I have to go to the UK or USA/Canada for everything.

Hello and welcome aboard, Redbacks are a great group, I've trooped with then a few times. Pretty much most of your purchases will be from outside Australia although a few bits and pieces are starting to pop up locally.

I have ATA and RS, with he ATA being a little better in strength.

Another useful thread for you to have a read through

Good luck with the researching  

Hi John, glad you found your way.

Shipping to Australia from the US was around $150, but with recent pandemic issues the shipping has again escalated.

The Aussie dollar is also trading low atm so once Sydney open up again I would expect freight to drop down again. Hopefully the dollar also recovers to make your purchase a little more palatable.

Personally I have AP armour, but really any of the already mentioned armour makes can be built to basic approval and beyond, up to our additional accuracy level of Centurion with a small additional cost and a fine attention to detail.

If you are up for a phone call, please send me a PM and we can have a chat where I can answer all your questions in great detail if you wish.

We have troopers in Hervey Bay who are also well experienced and a little closer to you than Brisvegas, but hopefully you can make the trip down and check us out at one of the troops. It's a great way to see the armour up close and personal, and get a first hand idea of how it is constructed.

Welcome aboard mate.

• Like 1

Welcome to the FISD, John.  You are absolutely in the right place.   Take some time to read through the resources and familiarize yourself with the forum.  The link provided above is a great start.  And, of course, feel free to ask questions.  Good luck with your build!

Hi John,

When looking at different suppliers of armour it's important to bear in mind your size and shape. If you're taller or bigger some armour will fit better than others.

Best advice is to message or call the suppliers and discuss your dimensions to make sure you get something that will fit well (although all armour will need some trimming).

All the best with it mate. Looking forward to seeing your progress :salute:

Welcome, doesn’t really matter what country in relation to shipping both the US and UK are almost the same at the moment. 

Depending on on what maker you go with will depend on budget plus what material you want to use being ABS or fibreglass, size of the kit as some makers do make larger kits. 

I would look at the newly approved members section that gives you an idea of the kits out there being used.