Where to cut shoulder bells

Sn4k3

Hey guys and gals, i my build almost done, but with my shoulder bells, i having a little problem, i dont know if i should cut more of the edge, and how to do it.

The bells are 300 tall (following the line strip

And 300 wide (following the circumference edge to edge)

I keep looking at anh screenshots and i look different.

Can you give me some advice?96d07b0e9407dca467d0e29da3625b78.jpg

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

In order to maximize coverage of the your black undershirt between your chest plate and bells, as well as bring the outer edge the bells more flush with your biceps, you could trim some off the insides of your bells in a rounded fashion. This is how the original suits were done. Here’s a rough mock on your image, which was just an example done on my phone, and certainly not exact (the marks on the viewers right is probably too exaggerated). I’d recommend trimming little by little.

26ec632e0c11b598d90058efa4502a9d.jpg

And here is a screen-used reference, on the left.

c0bbb71523ecfb53d6a988ec6311ad19.jpg

EDIT: I’ll add that your bell on the viewer’s left might already be as flush as you can get it without trimming off more of the bottom return edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order to maximize coverage of the your black undershirt between your chest plate and bells, as well as bring the outer edge the bells more flush with your biceps, you could trim some off the insides of your bells in a rounded fashion. This is how the original suits were done. Here’s a rough mock on your image, which was just an example done on my phone, and certainly not exact (the marks on the viewers right is probably too exaggerated). I’d recommend trimming little by little.

26ec632e0c11b598d90058efa4502a9d.jpg

And here is a screen-used reference, on the left.

c0bbb71523ecfb53d6a988ec6311ad19.jpg

EDIT: I’ll add that your bell on the viewer’s left might already be as flush as you can get it without trimming off more of the bottom return edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah... But. How to know if it is too much cutting?

What about yours? How long is the strip that runs through the middle of the bell?

UnTxkgv.jpg

I'd suggest getting your (on the picture left) shoulder bell closer to the shoulder bridge. This isn't required for basic approval, but I've found that it improves the overall appearance of the shoulder bells to minimise that gap. 

rPub9p1.jpg

Another gap that you might want to minimise is the gap between the bicep armor and the shoulder bell, possibly by taking away a bit of the armor on the shoulder bell in roughly the shape that MaskedVengeance already lined out. Another thing that might help would be taking away the return edge. Justjoseph63 has a great post on how much return edge you can take away: 

As for cutting off too much, simply try to cut a few millimetres at a time and do another test fit, then cut again and so on. Just don't forget to compare your armor to the references. 

I hope this might have helped you! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

Yeah... But. How to know if it is too much cutting?

What about yours? How long is the strip that runs through the middle of the bell?

That is all highly individual and only you can know how much is enough by testing and testing again.

I tend to agree with Mathias here.

Everyone has different sized shoulders and chest measurements.

The look to aim for and also what the Deployment officers look at in approvals is a minimal gap between the chest and shoulder bells.

if you mount them correctly, there should also be minimal to no gap at the top where they meet the shoulder bridges.

Yes a slight curve cut or trim certainly helps that chest to bell gap, but you will need to test fit, trim a little, re test fit and possible trim again.

The cardinal rule is always better to not trim enough, than to trim too much. You can fix the former, but there is no coming back from the later.

if it takes more time to reach the desired or perceived "perfect result" then take the more time option, it always pays off.

Also make sure you check the back as well as the front, some miss this an end up trimming too much off the rear 

First work towards eliminating the gap at the top between the bells and shoulder bridges.

Shorten those elastic straps and try on the armour again before making any cuts.

You might find you have rectifide your situation through simple adjustment rather than any trimming.