TK-75097 Reporting In

HI all, I just got my approval last week for my ANH Stunt Stormtrooper Armor and am very excited to join the ranks of the 501st!

My name is Charles and I live in St Louis, MO , USA. I am currently assigned to the 70th Explorers, Gateway Squad. I've been following the 501st online for around 20 years and been dreaming about being able to suit up one day for a troop and it looks like my one day is finally here. Back in the early 2000's I was a young dad of twins (not Luke and Leia). The Dad time commitment along with not having much money kept me from the 501st, but now as a guy in his mid 40s with grown kids I find I finally have some time and disposable income (Lucky me) and I definitely wanted to live my dream of being a real storm trooper.

Being born in the mid 1970s I grew up with Star Wars and I chose the ANH armor based on my first memory of those bad *ss dudes in white armor blasting their way into the Tantive 4. ANH just blew me away as a kid and that why I had to go with the OG ANH armor. My set was a full build from RS Prop masters and is currently adorning a 6ft tall mannequin in my office. I smile from ear to ear every morning I walk in and see it. I feel like I'm a little kiddo again on Christmas morning opening up some cool Kenner star wars toys lol.

I am hoping to work on a second set from scratch myself in the up coming years to get that full experience (Sand trooper anyone?) but I just couldn't wait and for now I had to buy my first set pre-built.

Here is a link to some pics for those interested. Thanks for having me. I look forward to getting a chance to meet some of you all one day!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f_pdHpHOR5akadKhEgCTY6MJ7wWf40dK?usp=sharing

• Like 1

Congratulations on your approval and your amazing armor! 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb PlastoidHero:

I've been following the 501st online for around 20 years

... That's longer than I have been alive :blink: Glad to hear that you finally managed to join, that must've been an amazing feeling! 

Thanks Chemi, definitely interested in Expert Infantry and Centurion. I kind of feel like I'm cheating though, since I didn't put my armor together myself. There are so many talented troopers here that put in a lot of hands on hard work to build centurion armor from scratch. I did get some advice on the new member discussion thread that it would be fairly simple to make and ESB armor by building another helment so I may start there to get my feet wet with my armor skills.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...