TK-66744 reporting for duty

Hello and Hallo, 

I can't believe that I finally got to this point where I get to introduce myself to all of you again -- this time as a TK...! 

Because I get a whole new post for myself, I decided to use this space to talk about my journey to the 501st, how I chose my costume, as a way to say "thank you" to all those that I've already thanked several times before, but will do so again, because their help was so very much appreciated, and of course to explain why I chose to be TK-66744. 

I hope this is at least a bit enjoyable to read ;)

My journey to the 501st Legion starts with a 12 year old Luca, who isn't that much of a Star Wars fan, but has just discovered the wondrous (and kind of terrifying) world of fanfiction. Younger me decided to get an account (which soon gained me the nickname "Morgi") and slowly started to fall in love with the Star Wars stories and through that Star Wars in general. Honestly, without that fanfiction, I probably would not be this much of a Star Wars enthusiast. 

One fanfiction in particular caught my eye back in December 2015. It was a story about Darth Vader and the Empire with some truly amazing Stormtrooper characters. You could find me every single Friday waiting for that next update. The author soon let the reader know, that she herself is a member of the 501st Legion, talks about trooping and all the amazing people. 

wanted that and decided to keep saving money until I finally would get to buy my own set of Stormtrooper armor. In the meantime, I wanted to meet members of the 501st and to get to gush over those characters, to admire those Vaders and Stormtroopers not only through a screen. Somehow that dream of meeting those characters never worked out. The dream to become a member of the 501st Legion myself grew instead -- what better way to meet a Vader or a Stormtrooper than being inside that armor yourself, right? 

At age 17, I got fully immersed in the topic, watched videos about the 501st on YouTube until they could only offer me those short clips that had about seventeen views and were from 2009. I was hooked. Instead of studying for my graduation, I decided to watch Star Wars movies and 501st videos until I came to the conclusion that I would buy my own armor. I researched on here and finally decided to go with an RS kit. 

At the end of May, two days before my oral exam in history, the first box arrived and my mother had to take that box away until the first of June, so that I could actually focus on the exam. During the whole month of June I worked on my armor using those nice videos and tutorials online. My birthday gifts consisted of a neckseal and similar accessories. At the beginning of July I then decided that I would need to get more specific help than that material could offer and I got an account on here. The next month went by in a blur with daily updates on my build thread and an absolutely amazing support from all the members on here. Thank you very much!

In fact, the build went well enough, that when I met up with Tino (T-Jay) towards the end of August to take my Approval Pictures, the GMOs had nothing bad to say about my armor. 

At this point a huge thank you (again) to Tino for the hours that he's helped me so far and continues to help me. You've become an absolute cornerstone in my journey to becoming a TK, from advice on regards to trooping, over help with my armor and the approval pictures to helping me choose my TK number (you're right. Using the number you get when you look up "Morgi" on a mobile phone number pad is kinda neat ;)). Oh, and of course a huge thank you for showing me all your props! Those were the first screen accurate props that I'd ever seen (12yo me would've been horrified that it took me over five years to make that dream come true, haha) and I'm still blown away by the experience...! 

Long story short: At the beginning of September I then got the happy news that I've been accepted into the 501st Legion as TK-66744 :D

Thanks for all the information on here, the individual help and the continuous support during my build! 

There's nothing more for me to say, except that I'm looking forward to meeting more of you, to being a part of the Legion and to finally have that first troop at the beginning of October.

Thanks for reading all of this, I know it's a tad longer than most posts here :smiley-sw013:

Luca/Morgi/TK-66744

German Garrison

bEEksOP.jpg 

• Like 5

Gratulation & Congratulations!

Great armor and welcome on board. Great to see the addition to this group!

Ich habe mit viel Freude und Interesse Deine Vorstellung gelesen. Faszinierend! (Sorry for the German, but it is good to see additions from the German Garrison.

TK-23011

• Like 1

Sorry for being late to the party and once again welcome to the Legion, TK-66744. :smiley-sw013:

You wrote a great story and it really tells how much you wanted this, Luca.

Now you have reached this goal and you have taken your first step into a larger world. :obiwan:  :laugh1:

Enjoy your time as a Stormtrooper and have fun out there.

• Like 1

Am 12.9.2021 um 00:24 schrieb gmrhodes13:

Congratulations once again trooper and welcome to the ranks 

Am 12.9.2021 um 02:09 schrieb TK6682:

Welcome!

Am 12.9.2021 um 17:27 schrieb wook1138:

Congratulations! Armour looks great. :duim: 

Am 12.9.2021 um 20:00 schrieb CallMeMrTibbles:

Great story Luca, and welcome TK-66744

:salute:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys! I really appreciate it :D

Am 12.9.2021 um 01:20 schrieb Chemi:

Hallo Luca!!!

I'm glad you fulfilled your dream.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I sincerely hope that this is the beginning of a long, long, long story.;)

Congratulations trooper.

Thanks! A long, long, long story? Well, I sure hope so! Given that I'm only eighteen, I'm sure there's tons more to come -- maybe EIB or Centurion? A new armor? Who knows, but let's hope it'll become a long, long, long story ;)

Am 12.9.2021 um 02:26 schrieb magni:

Congrats Luca!:jc_doublethumbup:

What a great story about your journey:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Have fun out there TK-66744:salute:

Glad you enjoyed reading all of that (perhaps it's gotten this long, since a fanfiction with over 200 000 words was my inspiration to become a TK?). I'm looking forward to having fun! 

Am 13.9.2021 um 02:33 schrieb TookBreaker:

Gratulation & Congratulations!

Great armor and welcome on board. Great to see the addition to this group!

Ich habe mit viel Freude und Interesse Deine Vorstellung gelesen. Faszinierend! (Sorry for the German, but it is good to see additions from the German Garrison.

TK-23011

Thanks! Danke! Ah, I appreciate that bit in German and I'm glad you liked it. (There's over a thousand members in the German Garrison and its still growing. I'm sure you'll get to see many more of us German newcomers on here in the future, haha) 

Am 13.9.2021 um 17:40 schrieb PlastoidHero:

What an amazing story and Journey. I'm a newbie TK myself so I can understand the joy you must bee feeling. Congrats and great work!!

Another newbie, wohoo! Thanks, I'm glad to hear that! 

vor einer Stunde schrieb T-Jay:

Sorry for being late to the party and once again welcome to the Legion, TK-66744. :smiley-sw013:

You wrote a great story and it really tells how much you wanted this, Luca.

Now you have reached this goal and you have taken your first step into a larger world. :obiwan:  :laugh1:

Enjoy your time as a Stormtrooper and have fun out there.

Never too late to join the party ;)

You already heard the story in person, I'm glad you like the written version as well, haha

And what a world...! There's still so much to discover and I'm looking forward to it :D

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have a blast! 

... And once again I've written a whole essay in what was supposed to be a quick thank you :laugh1:

A huge thank you for all the kind words, it truly made my day to open this forum to another notification. 

• Like 3

vor 10 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Congratulations Luca!! Enjoy being a Bad Guy Doing Good!!   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: 

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Sly11:

Congratulations on your TK approval Luca :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heftige Glühstrümpfe Luca!

That's a great report on your journey! I hope your first troop will be a blast! The event looks like a perfect start with younger and older members attending. :)

Have fun and let us know how your first experience went!

• Like 1

Am 24.9.2021 um 13:04 schrieb giskard8:

Congratulations and welcome, Trooper.

Thanks! 

Am 24.9.2021 um 17:24 schrieb Ripper_L:

Heftige Glühstrümpfe Luca!

That's a great report on your journey! I hope your first troop will be a blast! The event looks like a perfect start with younger and older members attending. :)

Have fun and let us know how your first experience went!

Danke! I'm sure the event will be amazing and I'm very much looking forward to it :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...