Hello from Southern Indiana, New Member here

TK14209

Little about myself, i consider myself to be fairly creative in the way that i do make attempts at creating my own works of art as well as trying to recreate others hard work efforts.

I have under my belt now, two EVA FOAM costumes that i have made. the first of two is a Cyberman costume from doctor who and the other is the most current a Storm Trooper.

I am currently on the waiting list for a TK suit from ATA WORKS  and im excited  to have a chance to build a Great suit and have hopes of finding a home with the 501st and start trooping within the community at local charity events. I would really like to find someone who i can get close with and become friends with in my area who could also help guide me along with my builing process once i do get my kit. If anyone reading this would like to extend a helping hand or good gesture this way, then i would certainly welcome it and be excited to hear from you. 

i am sharing a photo here of my latest foam build with me wearing a black series RO TK helmet.

IMG_1324.JPG

Edited by TK81B4U
  • Like 1

Cool foam TK! You’re in the right place for all things shiny white. I myself have very slowly been working on an ATA kit myself, and you’ll find a link to my build thread in my signature. I also compiled an all-in-one reference material threat that includes a long list of other helpful ATA build threads; you’ll just need to scroll way down on my first post. Looking forward to following you on your journey once BBB Day arrives!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty darn cool Mike, good research as you have discovered clearly, is the key to any hobby and ours is no different.

look forward to seeing your ATA build thread once you receive your kit.

Enjoy you new journey and ask plenty of questions along the way, we are here to assist you where ever we can.

Welcome to FISD.

Hi Mike, welcome to FISD!!!:salute:

Don't worry, I'm sure someone in your area will be happy to help you(although with covid, it is a bit more complicated:(). And we are all here ready to help you with whatever you need!;)

Seeing how you built your armor with foam, I'm sure you'll do an excellent job with the kit.:jc_doublethumbup:

Hi there from the uk,
I too started off completing a Eva foam build TK suit. I did it for a friend and then just couldn’t help myself making one for myself. This time though in ABS . In many ways it was easier building it in ABS rather than foam. No need to buy gallons of white paint and contact cement glue. And the ABS has a finish that just can’t be achieved with foam no matter how good you are working with it. You won’t be sorry. Previous experience in making armour definitely helps with confidence though. Mine only took approximately 3 months to complete, but was able to spend 3 days a week dedicated to it. If you have commissioned it to be built for you, it’s likely that some small adjustments may be order but just take your time. Look forward to seeing you wearing it.

Had fun today at Lexington Con  defending myself against an ATST taken over by rebel scum. 

Chatted with some fellow troopers from Bluegrass Garrison about tips on working on my incoming kit when it arrives.

They said they were impressed with my Foam TK which really impressed me that they liked it so much.

Really hoping for an  approval into the Bluegrass Garrison  so i can get a build thread going and star sharing pics.

mevsatst.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

im having issues with joining the bloodfin garrison so if someone from there could help me out with figuring out what im doing wrong because im confused 

i was told that i need to join the bloodfin garrison because i live in Indiana but i have been hanging out with bluegrass garrison guys.

Edited by TK81B4U

3 hours ago, TK81B4U said:

im having issues with joining the bloodfin garrison so if someone from there could help me out with figuring out what im doing wrong because im confused 

i was told that i need to join the bloodfin garrison because i live in Indiana but i have been hanging out with bluegrass garrison guys.

Normally you would join the garrison closest to your location.

Info from the main legion site,

Bloodfin Garrison
www.bloodfingarrison.com

Territory Occupied:
Southern Indiana (United States)

You can find their contact details here, you may be able to speak to someone on command about your issues

https://www.501st.com/members/garrisonroster.php?garrisonId=48

Northern Darkness Garrison
www.NorthernDarknessGarrison.com

Territory Occupied:
Northern Indiana (United States)

https://www.501st.com/members/garrisonroster.php?garrisonId=96

Bluegrass Garrison
www.bluegrassgarrison.com/

Territory Occupied:
Kentucky (United States)
https://www.501st.com/members/garrisonroster.php?garrisonId=140

• Like 1

Hi,
In the UK here we have the one garrison, but I would expect with such a vast country as yours it would be more practical to join the nearest to where you live so you can troop at more localised events. Cosplay as a hobby can be expensive with travel and accommodation costs. So keeping it local with maybe the odd effort to travel to the big events further a field will make it easier. Plus you can connect with others more closer to you and possibly meet up in between troops.
I’m sure whichever you choose to join, you will be made most welcome.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, TK81B4U said:

here is a link to my build pictures because i cant seem to figure out how to keep posting here.  

https://www.bluegrassgarrison.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=614&p=5458#p5458

Hi Mike, most of us use Imgur to post photos directly . Take a look to this useful threads.

:salute:

Excellent!  Welcome to the White Zone!

I'm the Garrison CO for the Northern Darkness Garrison.  I'd recommend contacting the Bloodfin GML and/or GCO and request if it is ok to join Bluegrass if you troop with them.  Contacting the Bluegrass GML may help you in that direction as well.