Tk 9593 kindly requesting EIB approval(ESB)(APPROVED) 3rd EIB

Hi Brett, and thanks for submitting this awesome looking set of armor!  One of us will be with you shortly, but in the mean time we need a couple of things, brother.

As per the CRL for ESB level 2 the insides of the Hovi tips needs to be white.  Easy fix!

K4MB6h8.jpg         gczrr9Y.jpg?1

It could very well be the camera angle, but can you add a close-up pic of the teeth?  Just as in ANH, the paint cannot leave the teeth area.

I7y3zaD.jpg   JKaCDsN.jpg?1  Iy446Gi.jpg?1

Last up, although I'm sure they are correct gray and blue, the lighting is making all of the ab buttons look really dark.  Can you shed some light (literally, lol) on this?

guY9rn0.jpg

Thanks!!!!

• Like 1

Nice work. Could you also add a sniper plate image from the front, I'm sure the DO's will like one of those.

When taking your photos just be aware of positioning of pieces, hard to do while wearing, having a mirror close by can help. Shoulder straps could come down a little at the back. Also your belt hoops are not quite straight.

1066674127_Screenshot_20210905-060729_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ac5d91b254139dc3bd16d28068800ff1.jpg

And drop box not quite aligned with end of the belt

723106277_Screenshot_20210905-060704_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.46570a709aa55297da8c5fd08f815155.jpg

Good luck with approval 

Hi Brett, and thank you for your EIB application! 

You have done an excellent job with the armor. Congratulations!!!:jc_doublethumbup:

***************************************************

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

- Starting from the top, ideally , the ear screws should go aligned with the rear edge of the Traps. It is mentioned just for your consideration as it is a more elaborate setting.:duim:

Reference images

pcGh7sV.jpg                                   718fORP.png     tdxcHN0.png

- The screw appears to be too tight, and is deforming the ear. You can loosen it a little, and it's fixed!!!!;)

Reference images

Vek27cD.jpg                           jTF6FJe.png     OMnJUdE.jpg     MIaqKay.jpg-

- The brow trim, would be more screen accurate if you trim it a bit (do it little by little so as not to cut too much). 

Reference images

rSBH3yH.jpg     MiKcbg6.jpg             P3XfbwR.png    2hTGbQy.jpg?1    S2hRJjN.jpg?1

- The traps decals seem a little small. If you could change them for bigger ones, that would be great!!!

Reference images

RswUdeH.jpg     Kgm3M0g.jpg                        DtKe8jL.png     9Qi6mDR.png

- Shoulder straps could come down a little at the back. You can remove a little of the return edge and use a heat gun (this is extremely risky, keep the heat moving or else things'll warp). You can use a hot water bath, a little more complicated if you can't separate the straps from the armor:blush:.

Reference images

freZkpX.jpg                            tZUuh7f.png     tp8UKWL.jpg

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

-L3- the hand plates have the correct visible stitching pattern using black cotton.

In the reference images we can see that the stitches are not in "X". The stitches should be rather parallel, more like   "   l l   "

Reference images

7KxvOzd.jpg                           M16iLR0.png     6al2K6X.png   

-L3-The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

The belt is almost in place. You just need to raise it a little bit. You can put some velcro behind the AB belt, to prevent it from moving.

Reference images

xb3qfeD.jpg                          R7no2kv.png     hdmEZAW.png

- Your Thermal Detonator control pad sits very high and It needs to be a bit lower. The ribbed area should face toward the rear, with the O ring on or near the top.

Reference images

mr1GwvI.jpg                 v7oNJHp.jpg?1   sPmJWgl.jpg?2   XNKo9SE.png

This is what we would suggest:

1.  Remove the clips and trim off the ends (you can use a hacksaw).

2.  Move the clips to where the ends meet the bottom of control pad .

3.  Drill holes in the clips for the new screw position. 

4.  Re-attach the screws.

ZXTDGH6.jpg

- Your butt plate is riding out and should be brought in to where it aligns with the kidney plate. I would suggest  doing a strapping adjustment  to get it closer. You can also add a pair of "V tabs" to the end of the plate and this should make the fix.

Reference images

9pko0Fy.jpg   1wTpfgq.jpg                        4i7YmgU.jpg     HFL1FPa.jpg 

That's all, Brett. I look forward to seeing your Centurion submission soon!!!  NICE JOB!!! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Chemi changed the title to Tk 9593 kindly requesting EIB approval)(APPROVED) 3rd EIB

Wow that's great. Thank you so much for taking the time to look into my application chemi and everyone who gave me advice along the way. Hopefully I'll get time sooner rather than later to get the fixes done. Thanks again..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cleantrooper said:

Wow that's great. Thank you so much for taking the time to look into my application chemi and everyone who gave me advice along the way. Hopefully I'll get time sooner rather than later to get the fixes done. Thanks again..

A big congrats on your THIRD EI award, Brett!  I have every faith that you will jump on these fixes, and I expect to see your Centurion submission soon!  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Chemi changed the title to Tk 9593 kindly requesting EIB approval(ESB)(APPROVED) 3rd EIB