WTF ANH Stunt Build

TI25674

Hey all!

TI25674 here. I recently received my ANH stunt kit from Walt's. I have a decent start I think but I'm getting to a point where I need input outside of Facebook and looking at tutorials (and man there are a lot of them!). Ideally Im going to go sandy with this build, so keeping that in mind. So some details below:

Kit - Walts Trooper Factory (bucket too)

Boots - Imperial Boots

Undersuit - generic 2-piece from Amazon

Gloves - Generic nomex for now

Blaster - 1992 Hasbro with conversion kit 

Ill start with the shoulder, bicep, forearm and chest/back which is where I am at. I didn't take a lot of photos before starting this thread. After some feedback on the FB group, my concern is the chest might be slightly too small for my "dad bod". I'm 5'10" at 180 lbs. But most of my weight is on the front. I was told to work the torso parts out then see how it fits before looking into a bigger chest. So here is where i'm at:

rsz_20210902_134008.jpg

rsz_20210902_134016.jpg

• Like 4

Hello and welcome aboard, looks like you are off to a good start, we have our gallery sections which can be a great resource when building and as you have found so many great build threads to follow.

If you get stuck just yell out there's normally someone online ready to answer any questions.

Good luck with the build

2 hours ago, TI25674 said:

I was told to work the torso parts out then see how it fits before looking into a bigger chest.

Hi David, welcome to FISD.

Looking at your photo I agree that at this point you should continue with the torso that I consider would be the section ti make some adjustment.

keep up the great work ! 

You may want to take a look to the  ANH Build threads section , may be you can find some useful tips there and remember " Measure twice, cut and glue just once"

We are here to help.:salute:

I personally think the chest looks fine as of now. But you really have to get it all together to really know. the shoulder to chest gap looks nice. But things will move around once you have kidney and butt plate connected down low to the cod ab piece. Just stay on it. Looking good so far bud.

• Like 1

A couple of questions:

1. In reference to the ab, any return edge below the chest plate? I am thinking about removing it all to help with a closer fit. 

2. I know the kidney and butt are split, how about the groin plate and ab plate? I am thinking about splitting them apart, I believe I've seen that

6 minutes ago, TI25674 said:

A couple of questions:

1. In reference to the ab, any return edge below the chest plate? I am thinking about removing it all to help with a closer fit. 

2. I know the kidney and butt are split, how about the groin plate and ab plate? I am thinking about splitting them apart, I believe I've seen that

1. great thread on return edges

2. normally one piece, not split. I have also see some split and shorten for height. Check with your GML (garrison membership liaison) some don't like modifications. 

gallery_12157_16_30396.jpg

vor 11 Stunden schrieb TI25674:

In the original armors they had a return edge at the bottom of the chest plate because their strapping system required it, with screws in that return edge. 

However, there is one example of screen used armor not having that return edge:

iOyFlrJ.jpg

Luke, being too short for a Stormtrooper, has that return edge cut off to shorten the chest plate for a better fit. 

My personal opinion? It looks a bit flat without a return edge. You don't have to leave a large one (not even one large enough for screws if you're not using the original strapping), but I'd leave a few millimetres, so it doesn't look too flat. 

Maybe you should just leave it for now, try it with the ab plate and then see how it looks. You can always take more off, but I wouldn't want to have to re-make return edges ;)

• Like 1

So in regards to the ab armor, how far back does the groin extend? And for the butt plate, are you all leaving return edge? I read the forum post on return edges saying the butt plate should have some at the top and bottom, I feel like any return in the bottom would bite. Thoughts?

So in regards to the ab armor, how far back does the groin extend? I just don't know how far apart the groin and butt (underneath) are.

And for the butt plate, are you all leaving return edge? I read the forum post on return edges saying the butt plate should have some at the top and bottom, I feel like any return in the bottom would bite. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, TI25674 said:

So in regards to the ab armor, how far back does the groin extend? I just don't know how far apart the groin and butt (underneath) are.

And for the butt plate, are you all leaving return edge? I read the forum post on return edges saying the butt plate should have some at the top and bottom, I feel like any return in the bottom would bite. Thoughts?

Did you have a look at the return edge link I posted above?

You will find once you strap your butt plate to the kidney then to the ab plate that there will be a set distance between the butt and cod, then you can measure for elastic, It differs from person to person and different armor makes.

Slowly but surely I'm making progress. I am going to need to shim the sides about 3.5 inches. Shouldn't be a big deal. I know the kidney and butt plate are crooked. 

I feel like the shoulders are huge but there's no elastic on them yet. 

rsz_20210906_172737.jpg

rsz_20210906_172704.jpg

Edited by TI25674

Once you start strapping things will hold in place better, the shoulder bells look a little big in the front photo but if you check the back photo you have quite a lot of black showing, strapping should bring this in.

If you do need to trim the bells the originals had a slight curve to them.

gallery_12157_15_48577.jpg

A few references for sizing.

k85ELoM.jpg?1  5GKZpcy.jpg?1

JFwe2HM.jpg?2  xliWw92.jpg?2