Doomsdale Requesting Pre Approval (WTF)

Doomsdale

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to view my pre-approval thread. My aim is to reach the Centurion level of approval! ^_^

INFORMATION

1. Name

Mitch

2.  Future Garrison

Ohio Garrison

3. Armor maker

Walt's Trooper Factory

4. Helmet maker

Walt's Trooper Factory

5. Cloth belt maker

Steph's Imperial Outfitters

6. Neck seal maker

7. Boot maker

Imperial Boots

8. Blaster maker

PremierProps

11. Height

6'

12. Weight

150lbs

13. TK type

ANH Stunt

14. Helpful Troopers

gmrhodes13

PhilBobTheFish

CableGuy

BUILD THREAD

Doomsdale's TK Stunt Build Thread [WTF]

PHOTOS

91JH8Pa.jpg91e4D9c.jpg2btZe4Y.jpgnQvOu5U.jpgCl1oJRH.jpgjDQVfpE.jpgavCOFCQ.jpgmuY8ooz.jpgyIUQ6Ic.jpgyJ7WDRP.jpgFh5beBJ.jpg

QUESTION AREA

I'm struggling with the shoulders with keeping the shoulders from pulling the elastic out from under the bridges. If I loosen them, then the shoulders are too far away from the chest. (Also in this photo, I'm going to glue down the thin elastic band underneath so it doesn't ride down off the back plate.)

Ls4iJdY.jpg

Looking good trooper, just a few really picky things, more for higher levels.

Watch the alignment of your coverstrips on the legs, they should be straight, also may help to stop your thighs hitting the cod. Gap at the wrists could be reduced a little, perhaps drop the forearms just a touch

91JH8Pa.thumb.jpg.0403f16dffa444ae28508c190b04e360.jpg

On the rear your shoulder straps could be bent down a little more so they sit flat. TD is not quite in the center and you have a small gap in the ridge on the top of the left shin.

91e4D9c.thumb.jpg.ef96d6f006dfc387bae93b3840228bb3.jpg

Also for higher levels you may need to remove a little bit of paint from near the gums

jDQVfpE.jpg

Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

s4AllTr.jpg?1

Doubling over the elastic can tighten the strapping between the chest and backplates. There are also tighter industrial elastics which have a lot more tension than standard elastic.

Ls4iJdY.jpg

Personally I think you are fine for basic and just a few tweaks on positioning which we all go through ;) 

Great work and good luck

Butt plate is being pushed backwards, I found adding some V tabs behind can help keep them straight.

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

Also your ab is overlapping the kidney, being on the skinny side myself I found I had to add some foam behind the ab to help hold it away when tightening the belt. Also on the belt if you look at the angle from the side the belt is angling down towards the back, normally they are centered or angling upwards, could also be because you are leaning back a little ;) .

2btZe4Y.thumb.jpg.459982e223d8db192ba032e1a7ed62d5.jpg

• Like 1

Great insights as always gmrhodes! Thank you! :duim:

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Also your ab is overlapping the kidney, being on the skinny side myself I found I had to add some foam behind the ab to help hold it away when tightening the belt. Also on the belt if you look at the angle from the side the belt is angling down towards the back, normally they are centered or angling upwards, could also be because you are leaning back a little ;) .

Regarding the foam, could you explain the foam behind the ab a bit more. I see what the issue is, I'm just trying to understand what the foam does there. Is it just along the ends of the ab plate near the kidney, kinda pushing it away from my body?

5 hours ago, Doomsdale said:

Great insights as always gmrhodes! Thank you! :duim:

Regarding the foam, could you explain the foam behind the ab a bit more. I see what the issue is, I'm just trying to understand what the foam does there. Is it just along the ends of the ab plate near the kidney, kinda pushing it away from my body?

It was just a piece of furniture foam about 2 inches thick, about a hand size in width, just takes up any slack behind the ab when you tighten the belt. 

• Like 1

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to view my pre-approval thread. My aim is to reach the Centurion level of approval! 

INFORMATION

1. Name

Mitch

2.  Future Garrison

Ohio Garrison

3. Armor maker

Walt's Trooper Factory

4. Helmet maker

Walt's Trooper Factory

5. Cloth belt maker

6. Neck seal maker

7. Boot maker

Imperial Boots

8. Blaster maker

PremierProps

11. Height

6'

12. Weight

150lbs

13. TK type

ANH Stunt

14. Helpful Troopers

gmrhodes13

PhilBobTheFish

CableGuy

BUILD THREAD

Doomsdale's TK Stunt Build Thread [WTF]

PHOTOS

91JH8Pa.jpg91e4D9c.jpg2btZe4Y.jpgnQvOu5U.jpgCl1oJRH.jpgjDQVfpE.jpgavCOFCQ.jpgmuY8ooz.jpgyIUQ6Ic.jpgyJ7WDRP.jpgFh5beBJ.jpg

QUESTION AREA

I'm struggling with the shoulders with keeping the shoulders from pulling the elastic out from under the bridges. If I loosen them, then the shoulders are too far away from the chest. (Also in this photo, I'm going to glue down the thin elastic band underneath so it doesn't ride down off the back plate.)

Ls4iJdY.jpg

Hi,
Had the same problem with my shoulders too. You look quite slim like me. I reduced the length of the white webbing that connects the back piece to the chest. For mine I’ve only got a gap of 1 inch between them and it would pull both together giving a better shape. You’ll then find the elastics will generally stay in place better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1