Ranger's Incinerator Trooper Build

TheLoneRanger

Hey all. I've had a kit lying around for a while, and I've decided to make an Incinerator Trooper with it. I've already got the helmet nearly done, and I have the armor.

The only problem is.... the armor is too small. Does anyone know where I can get a bigger chest piece, back plate, abdomen, and butt plate? Everything else should fit me fine but those specific pieces in my kit are way too small and need replacement. Thanks!

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

Nice work, you may want to touch up just under the brow trim, there is an extra detail line there which you are missing.

AM do a larger armor but not sure if they sell separate pieces, you may want to check with them davesdarksidedepot@gmail.com

References of the helmet under brow stripes

large.637100305_imageproxy(9).jpg.6d2b82large.121132184_imageproxy(11).jpg.68f57

400px-TK_incinerator_helmet.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, you may want to touch up just under the brow trim, there is an extra detail line there which you are missing.

AM do a larger armor but not sure if they sell separate pieces, you may want to check with them davesdarksidedepot@gmail.com

References of the helmet under brow stripes

Just added that detail and reapplied the tube stripe decals so they were correct. I talked to Dave a while ago, he doesn't do the ROTJ armor pieces that I lack. He only does the ANH/ESB. My armor is from Walt, but his is sized for someone way smaller, as is CFO's I believe.

image0.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Just added that detail and reapplied the tube stripe decals so they were correct. I talked to Dave a while ago, he doesn't do the ROTJ armor pieces that I lack. He only does the ANH/ESB. My armor is from Walt, but his is sized for someone way smaller, as is CFO's I believe.

I've seen a few use some ANH pieces and modify. Most of the armor it's just the added U trim and some extra trimming in corners but with the AB it would take some work to remove the molded ab plate section, add a piece of plastic behind then glue in the ab plate and add some ABS paste.

But in saying that the CRL image is using an ANH ab piece, notice the raised ab mount ;) 

TK_rotj_ab.jpg

22 minutes ago, TheLoneRanger said:

image0.jpg

You may want to make the stripe on the ridge more of a ^ shape

large.121132184_imageproxy(11).jpg.68f57

• Like 1

The good news is I actually think that the chest and back plate will be fine for me, especially since the back plate free floats. I'll simply need a new abdomen and and hip plate that's bigger. All the rest I can make to my size.

20 minutes ago, TheLoneRanger said:

The good news is I actually think that the chest and back plate will be fine for me, especially since the back plate free floats. I'll simply need a new abdomen and and hip plate that's bigger. All the rest I can make to my size.

Great to know.

You may want to check with RWA Creations. Ross do sell big boy pieces separate.

:salute:

5 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Great to know.

You may want to check with RWA Creations. Ross do sell big boy pieces separate.

:salute:

Well now the bad news that the chest plate and back plate are definitely too small. :laugh1: I trimmed the chest plate properly and test fitted it and the shoulders didn't sit flush with mine and the sides didn't go around my ribs. All the rest I can salvage though. Just the main body parts will need replacing. I'll get in contact with RWA, thanks!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheLoneRanger said:

Here's an image of a test fit with helmet and shoulders on (over a t-shirt.) You'll see what I mean about the shoulders and how they sit.

image0.png

definitely ,It would be better if you can replace the chest piece for a bigger one.  

I don't think anyone has the files publicly available for the flamethrower, do they? I looked in the flamethrower forums and everybody made their own from scratch, and the one build I did see that was being 3d printed never got fully updated with an end result.

I've only seen Mandalorian versions not the earlier version

Mandalorian

il_794xN.2377160940_8ya2.jpg

Old style

TK_incinerator_flamethrower.jpeg

I think this was the 3D printed early version but incomplete and the author hasn't been on the forum since early 2020

A great scratch build here

There's a thread here about @ sizing 

I ended up purchasing some from @sskunky as he supplies with his ROTJ kits ;) 

Hmm, that thread said to get as close to 10 mm as possible, the stuff I linked is 12 mm. I'll look around a bit more for a US supplier. I looked at that boat website and it appears they don't carry the correct u trim anymore. Figures. :laugh1:

Edited by TheLoneRanger
  • Like 1

Personally I would go for a white if possible otherwise if you scrape anything against the painted surface it may rub off showing black. 

The maker only seems to make the black trim in the right size, the gray trim is 12 mm and then they don't even appear to make the white trim in the correct style. Which is bizarre... Oh well, I'll just have to keep looking. I'm waiting to hear back from Dave about getting the bigger AM parts that I require. Aside that, the biceps and wrists are coming along nicely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheLoneRanger said:

For the Incinerator trooper the CRL specifies MP40 pouches which do not have the straps BUT the MP38 look closer to the reference images

large.121132184_imageproxy(11).jpg.68f57

You can find a how to if you want to try to make your own, they aren't too hard

I'd try to make my own but I am incredibly inept at sewing of any kind LOL I'll just try to find some, or commission them from someone who knows what they're doing.

I'm just trying to get this all done in time for an event I have coming up in October.

I'm starting to think I should get those black pouches and just color in the white seams. I looked closer at the in-game pouches and they do indeed seem to be MP40 pouches, they're just not highly detailed.

------------

But upon zooming in and brightening the picture slightly, one can see they clearly have the traditional straps and the slots to hold them in.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 2 years later...