Matt and James's TK build thread - AM 4.5

Sawanator

En 22/7/2023 a las 19:22, Sawanator dijo:

Thanks for the tips. Any idea how to cut the bottom of those clips? 

It depends on the material they are made of.

If they are made of aluminum, a tin snips can be used. Even something like a dremel, with the right cutting disc (for metal).

It depends on the material they are made of.
If they are made of aluminum, a tin snips can be used. Even something like a dremel, with the right cutting disc (for metal).

I’d recommend a Dremel with the metal cutting disk and guard (preventing hot metal flakes from hitting you). Also a sanding bit to smooth the cut corners when done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper. You can request TK access here which will update your forum profile with a fancy badge.

You can also request help with a fancy banner for your signature here

Once again, well done trooper :duim::salute:

Looking for your Expert Infantry application soon, hint hint :D

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper. You can request TK access here which will update your forum profile with a fancy badge.

You can also request help with a fancy banner for your signature here

Once again, well done trooper :duim::salute:

Looking for your Expert Infantry application soon, hint hint :D

Thanks. This is great. I got my TK status up and running on the 501st and have access to the forums. Not sure how/were to update the bade, or does that just happen on its own?

I'll put in for the fancy banner (which is awesome, thanks for posting that). 

I will put in for my Expert Infantry soon. Is this the right post to follow

Aside from the standard front back side photos I used for submission, are there any extra photos that are worth posting to help with this application?

Thanks again for the assistance.

On 7/26/2023 at 6:56 PM, FN1313 said:

I’d recommend a Dremel with the metal cutting disk and guard (preventing hot metal flakes from hitting you). Also a sanding bit to smooth the cut corners when done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. Worked like a charm!

1 hour ago, Sawanator said:

Thanks. This is great. I got my TK status up and running on the 501st and have access to the forums. Not sure how/were to update the bade, or does that just happen on its own?

I'll put in for the fancy banner (which is awesome, thanks for posting that). 

I will put in for my Expert Infantry soon. Is this the right post to follow

Aside from the standard front back side photos I used for submission, are there any extra photos that are worth posting to help with this application?

Thanks again for the assistance.

You can't apply for EIB until you have upgraded access on this forum, link in my above post.

I would suggest looking through some approved EIB threads to see what is required, you can also follow this thread  

4 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can't apply for EIB until you have upgraded access on this forum, link in my above post.

I would suggest looking through some approved EIB threads to see what is required, you can also follow this thread  

Bing! Lightbulb finally went off! Lol

I was so confused what the first link was (because I was only looking at the other links that took you to the 501st.com site). I get it now, sorry for being slow on the uptake. Access has been requested. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sawanator said:

Bing! Lightbulb finally went off! Lol

I was so confused what the first link was (because I was only looking at the other links that took you to the 501st.com site). I get it now, sorry for being slow on the uptake. Access has been requested. 

No problems at all, it can be overwhelming when you are first approved. Each detachment has the same process, you get higher access if you have an approved costume for that detachment, but even if you don't you can still request 501st access to those detachments.

This is also a good read for the newly approved, Trooper Survival Guide 

15 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

No problems at all, it can be overwhelming when you are first approved. Each detachment has the same process, you get higher access if you have an approved costume for that detachment, but even if you don't you can still request 501st access to those detachments.

This is also a good read for the newly approved, Trooper Survival Guide 

Already combed that one! Was so excited the first day I got approved, I was trying to soak everything in. 

Thanks again for all your help. It's so appreciated, all through this build. You, and all the other troopers who chime in, are awesome. 

Excited to start paying it forward.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sawanator said:

Already combed that one! Was so excited the first day I got approved, I was trying to soak everything in. 

Thanks again for all your help. It's so appreciated, all through this build. You, and all the other troopers who chime in, are awesome. 

Excited to start paying it forward.

Looking forward to seeing your first troop.

You can also keep a record of your troops here

Once you hit specific milestones you can request trooping badges here

:salute: 

• Like 1