READY TO GO ARMOR COMPLETE

Tallguy

Hey Spike, I see that you created another thread over here, and this is a good place to keep a running log of any questions you have as you go through your journey to joining and becoming a Stormtrooper. I would definitely recommend checking out the links provided to you previously in the other threads, and then coming back here to ask questions specific to your build, and we'll do the best we can to help. I also highly recommend taking your time to type out clear and concise questions and information so we can know what you mean and how best to help you.

It looks like you're asking what would be the easiest way to purchase ready to go, complete armor so you can start trooping - I love the enthusiasm and will do my best to help, but there is no 'one-size-fits-all' answer. There are a handful of makers that can build custom armor for you on commission, but which one would work best will depend on you personally. What is your height/weight/frame looking like? If you're a bigger guy, I would consider AM armor (also out of Florida), or perhaps an RS Props commission out of the UK if you're closer to 'standard' stormtrooper size. Commissioning will always run you significantly more than building your own, but can be easier if you do not have prior costuming experience.

*Update: I believe I saw in the other thread that you are 6' 5" and 300lbs with size 16 boots? That will admittedly be a bit of a challenge, but not impossible, pending your shape. I would skip RS then and look closely at AM, RWA, and Panda-MOD (formerly RT-MOD), and ensure that whoever builds your armor has your dimensions handy. Those makers are built a little bigger and are more friendly to a larger trooper. I am not certain Imperial Boots will carry your size, so you're probably looking at having Gio from Crow Props make you custom boots. Hope that info helps get the wheels spinning as well.

I would use the forum search function and the links previously provided to look into both of those options, then come back with questions and we'll do our best to help! Good luck!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

Just to add another UK option for commission builds....

https://www.facebook.com/TrooperStuff/

These guys use RWA parts to create commission builds, and RWA make all of their armour parts in both standard size and XL (if you're tall or chunky, or both). RWA is very popular in the UK Garrison because of its good quality, and Ross gives excellent customer service.

Whichever supplier you go with, however much research you do here (or elsewhere), always have a conversation with the supplier letting them know your dimensions. Most of the independent suppliers will be more than happy to have that conversation.

• Like 1