ROTJ TK with flat lense?

Mad Cow Rebel

Interesting and it makes sense cause It looks like there were, as you can read in starwarshelmets.com  two versions of the ROTJ Helmets and the most of them had bubble lenses and a few reconditioned ESB that probably kept the flat lenses. 

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/Original-ROTJ-stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Through out filming, many of the Stormtroopers were having visibility issues because of the bubble lenses. This was causing them to fall during running scenes through the woods. The prop team managed to switch some of the lenses to the flat design to mitigate the issue. Still, didn't help very much.:laugh1:

41 minutes ago, tlferg said:

Through out filming, many of the Stormtroopers were having visibility issues because of the bubble lenses. This was causing them to fall during running scenes through the woods. The prop team managed to switch some of the lenses to the flat design to mitigate the issue. Still, didn't help very much.:laugh1:

I've got about 5mm of flattish viewing space in my Hero bubble lenses so I'm not surprised they had so many vision issues

• Like 1