DLT19 track wires

Goggytalks

Hi everyone,

Looking for advice.
I recently have received a commissioned DLT19 blaster rifle and i need to fix wires in 4 places around the tracks on the barrel to pass the CRL.
Does anyone know what thickness the wire should be?

TIA,

Colin.

• Like 1

There is no actual size listed and no clear images, most use a black coated wire, here is a replica which some have been using as a reference

VzVsyLq.jpg

HuZJzod.jpg

• Like 2

It's not actually a CRL requirement

TK anh stunt dlt19.jpeg DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle
  • Based on a real or replica MG-34 machine gun.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • A DLT-19 is an MG-34 with T-tracks on the barrel, ejection port cover added, and a small disk on left side.

It's not actually a CRL requirement

200px-TK_anh_stunt_dlt19.jpeg DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle
  • Based on a real or replica MG-34 machine gun.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • A DLT-19 is an MG-34 with T-tracks on the barrel, ejection port cover added, and a small disk on left side.

True Glen.

I’m wondering if GMLs are basing decisions on “common knowledge” as most reference pics from the films do show the wire. Just spitballing there.

However all the CRLs state that “Text descriptions are only one part of the guideline. GML’s and costumers must consider both text and pictures (CRL and Reference) when reviewing the costume.”

And here’s the thing. Not only is mention of the wire absent from the written CRL, it also looks as though the wires are not present in the image files for the DLT19 posted with the CRLs. If they are there, they’re darn near impossible to see.

Contrast that with the image files for the DLT19-X on the ROTJ Scout where you can clearly see the wires around the fins. Again no mention of the wire in that CRL, but I know some scouts who have been flagged by GMLs for not having the wire based on the image file.

Colin doesn't mention if it was a GML block he may have found this with his own research/knowledge

On 8/18/2021 at 4:02 PM, Csefton said:

I recently have received a commissioned DLT19 blaster rifle and i need to fix wires in 4 places around the tracks on the barrel to pass the CRL.
Does anyone know what thickness the wire should be?

13 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

I’m wondering if GMLs are basing decisions on “common knowledge” as most reference pics from the films do show the wire. Just spitballing there.

However all the CRLs state that “Text descriptions are only one part of the guideline. GML’s and costumers must consider both text and pictures (CRL and Reference) when reviewing the costume.”

This is true and the CRL's are just a guide for those making the costume as well as GML's use and some are a little stricter than others, but that's if it was a GML block.

Personally I'm with Dan as a GML I wouldn't block for basic approval, but that's not to say others may ;) 

• Like 1

Hi,
Pretty sure I read it on the UKG weapons section in the Armoury that the DLT19 would have to have wire in 4 places round the tracks on the barrel.
However the photos I’ve seen of all the DLT19 x that has no bipod and a scope fitted there are no wires present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Csefton said:

Hi,
Pretty sure I read it on the UKG weapons section in the Armoury that the DLT19 would have to have wire in 4 places round the tracks on the barrel.
However the photos I’ve seen of all the DLT19 x that has no bipod and a scope fitted there are no wires present.

Base MG34 had no wires they were added with the T track for the DLT19.

Here are the battlefront versions and you can make out the wire on both

DLT19_dice_image.png.cb9d241d9797057e92c1962317f8584c.png

WeaponDLT19Mod_big-71aed0e6.png.a2fd4f3942cadeb18c71c68300cb9415.png

UKG are one of the garrisons with higher accuracy than a lot of others so no doubt if it's on their forum it's going to be needed for basic approval ;) 

• Like 1

Appears the DLT19 X are using a generic image in most of the CRLs, here is the biker scout crl  image

Generic-dlt19x.jpeg

• gmrhodes13 pinned this topic
  • 2 years later...

Mine is standard aircraft safety wire. Not sure if that's accurate but it looks pretty close. It gets twisted together, cut so that about 4-5 twists are left, and then bent up and out of the way. There's dedicated tools to twist and cut it, but needle nose pliers work very well.

Safety wire CAN be horrible stuff if you've never worked with it. It's rather springy and bounces everywhere. It loves to create puncture wounds. Wear eye protection any time you're handling it. :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

I used some fence wire, comes in different thicknesses and quite soft, easy to twist.

DLT-19-screen-used-02.jpg