LTM's WTF FOTK TLJ build

LTM

Definitely looks like you can add some more plastic on the sides, make sure you strengthen the area with a plate behind. I used JB weld in the sides which has held up really well over the years, takes a while to dry but you can sand it quite easily.

Good luck tackling this mod, I'm sure you'll come through it just fine :duim:

• Like 1

Back to the TD. Is the black tube the same diameter, or does it step down/up at the black cap? I can either add plastic to the inside of the plexiglass tube and round over the lip, or I can add back the original top and smooth out to the exterior diameter of the long tube.

Add plastic to inside and round over the lip?

W9ysAoz.jpg

Use the original cap and blend to the outside diameter

SCp4CtS.jpg

The blend would happen from the lip to the body if it is all one diameter

9YQJ0Z8.jpg

Thoughts?

And as you can see in those images, the inner tube is considerably smaller than the carriage it sits in.

1 hour ago, Sly11 said:

And as you can see in those images, the inner tube is considerably smaller than the carriage it sits in.

That just looks sloppy, are there more shots of other troopers?

Working on the shims for the torso, this is the gap I need to close

DJQObMD.jpg

Going to start with 1.25 shims on both sides at the split and use the zipper system to help close it.

Looks like enough room in the front

bhOfosz.jpg

10 minutes ago, LTM said:

That just looks sloppy, are there more shots of other troopers?

Yes, sadly plenty of screen shots show the similar gap.

I would say aim to have it sit straight in there as opposed to the crooked angle in those images. They have probably been knocked around a bit hence why it looks like that.

Ultimately it's up to you and weather you want a gap or not as even when we are done re working the CRL's something like that wouldn't make it in as a change for basic, maybe a cleaner version for centurion, but we are not at that point of discussion as yet.

Canister in the carrier, not too tight (still need to fill out the lip around the outside)

3E0EYx8.jpg

Rough cutting the yoke/back, comes in 4 pieces. One piece is a reinforcement for the shoulders. The front is done like a tee-shirt, I am having difficulty getting it over my head much less trying to get my arms in there. In the picture I have already increased the size of the opening, will probably have to modify it further to be more open in the front.

7jzRbeX.jpg

jWbRHmb.jpg

Chest piece has three parts, idea is you can measure and cut the return wings (more on that later)

61QcTAC.jpg

• Like 1

This is the first 4 piece back and shoulder Cowell we have seen in a kit. I think the extra layer will indeed add strength at the top of the shoulder area but will have less give or flex when getting into the piece.

Might mean less chance of cracking around the area just s touch more of a struggle getting it over your head and shoulders as you are already finding.

Nice to see the chest plate has separate side wings too.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:41 AM, LTM said:

Canister in the carrier, not too tight (still need to fill out the lip around the outside)

3E0EYx8.jpg

Nice work so far, you will need a sharper edge on the edge of your end cap, it's very curved at present

e21b48a801cbf067ea9e063c032de310.jpg.webp

• 4 weeks later...

Trim lines look ok.

The correct cod for TLJ has a different shape and raised sides compared to what you have (TFA), although for basic approval the TFA style is accepted

cods.png

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Still losing weight, a few more pounds to lose around the mid-section. Walt (WTF) is working on a new specific COD, no eta yet.

• Like 2