Mikes tk build

Troopermike888

Great to see you found your way here, when posting from Imgur you are better posting seperate links into your post, use the "direct link", needs to have .jpg or .png on the end of the image link ;) 

A great thread on return edges is here 

HDpBJlw.jpeg

You may want to check your TD measurements ;) 

FlDvnSK.jpeg832150923_TDmeasurements.thumb.jpg.10bfebe699735eb573a85d16a0e6f5c0.jpg

Teeth are coming along well, you could just take a touch more out of the corners, also a little more out of the eyes

eENVELK.jpeg

Some references

s4AllTr.jpg?1

gallery_14191_25_57708.jpg

When in doubt you can alwlays check the Gallery Sections 

And don't forget to follow the CRL (costume reference library)

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Good luck with the build

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great to see you found your way here, when posting from Imgur you are better posting seperate links into your post, use the "direct link", needs to have .jpg or .png on the end of the image link ;) 

A great thread on return edges is here 

HDpBJlw.jpeg

You may want to check your TD measurements ;) 

FlDvnSK.jpeg832150923_TDmeasurements.thumb.jpg.10bfebe699735eb573a85d16a0e6f5c0.jpg

Teeth are coming along well, you could just take a touch more out of the corners, also a little more out of the eyes

eENVELK.jpeg

Some references

s4AllTr.jpg?1

gallery_14191_25_57708.jpg

When in doubt you can alwlays check the Gallery Sections 

And don't forget to follow the CRL (costume reference library)

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Good luck with the build

Did you see the last pic? Is the gap something I should worry about 

1 hour ago, Troopermike888 said:

Did you see the last pic? Is the gap something I should worry about 

Your gap should be covered by the ear, if not you may need to adjust, here's a really good helmet tutorial which you may find helpful, most helmet builds are pretty much the same 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Troopermike888:

Can't figure the pics out I'm using mobile but if you can see I've done a bit moreMikes stormtrooper build https://imgur.com/gallery/qCNHoEh

Here's how I use Imgur on my phone:

First you have to upload the picture. Once that's done you should have the option of clicking on "View" in the upper right corner. When you view the picture, you press down on the screen (a long hold, the way you do when usually selecting something for copying it, for example), so that the "share" menu pops up:

pMkBWNq.jpg

Then you click on the link that I marked.

Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 7:45 PM, Morgi said:

Here's how I use Imgur on my phone:

First you have to upload the picture. Once that's done you should have the option of clicking on "View" in the upper right corner. When you view the picture, you press down on the screen (a long hold, the way you do when usually selecting something for copying it, for example), so that the "share" menu pops up:

pMkBWNq.jpg

Then you click on the link that I marked.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks

• Like 1

Just hit space or enter after posting the link and it should change the link to an image ;)TIDREUR.jpg 

For higher level approval on the belt the corners of the plastic belt should meet the outside of the fabric belt.

yp9XgX5.jpg.10927d90b577b42e33d9c41226db0704.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:18 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

Just hit space or enter after posting the link and it should change the link to an image ;)TIDREUR.jpg 

For higher level approval on the belt the corners of the plastic belt should meet the outside of the fabric belt.

yp9XgX5.jpg.10927d90b577b42e33d9c41226db0704.jpg

That would of been great to know before I already did it lol plus I'm shore there must have been one like mine 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Troopermike888:

That would of been great to know before I already did it lol plus I'm shore there must have been one like mine 

Well, it's only for higher levels of approval. And even so, its fairly easy to correct in most cases by simply taking away a bit of the side:

lc4xE1e.jpg

That's what I did with my belt after making a similar mistake ;)

EDIT: you should probably cut a better (straighter and parallel) line than the one that I added to the picture :P

Edited by Morgi
  • Like 1

Wouldnt hurt to check with your GML (garrison membership liaison) some are a little stricter than others, it may save you some disappointment later, or they may not give a hoot ^_^

But yes will need modification for higher levels 

23 hours ago, Morgi said:

Well, it's only for higher levels of approval. And even so, its fairly easy to correct in most cases by simply taking away a bit of the side:

lc4xE1e.jpg

EDIT: you should probably cut a better (straighter and parallel) line than the one that I added to the picture :P

Thanks that helps really does 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Morgi said:

lc4xE1e.jpg

Does I matter that the buttons might be a bit cut off as well as flush with edge

Trimming the ears is pretty much everyone's fear on their first armour build, but dont stress.

The ears should have trim lines on them. Trim short of those leaving some room for fine tuning and further trimming and adjustment.

Once you have some of the excess removed and you hold them against the sides of the helmet you will get a better idea of how much more you need to remove.

There are a few other tricks to employ when you start getting closer to those trim lines but just take it slow, trim carefully and keep testing against the helmet for high and low points.

Here is a great tutorial on Ears for you.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29238-my-helmet-ear-tutorial/

• Like 4

Nice work, just with the teeth looks as if you may have a little paint on the gums on the bottom.

CRLFrown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area.

gallery_12157_36_21761.jpg

Am 24.8.2021 um 19:24 schrieb Troopermike888:

Well just the shins to go oh and the buttons it's been fun and scary lol still got to do tube stripes tryed and failed twice lol I blame my kids can't concentrate lol PAdNQzv.jpg

n2N4k1Z.jpg

0EetfnZ.jpg

7q2hHxu.jpg

Don't forget to paint the back of the helmet as well, those two trapeze looked like they were still missing some paint ;)

Crazy nice work on the ears! I must admit, I'm a bit jealous at how well they fit...

Is it just me, or does your cover strip on the left thigh extend past the thigh...? If so, I'd shorten that a bit to align better with the top of the thigh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice work a couple of things you may want to address.

Just touch up some of the missing tube stripe (4th from front). Also bottom black line of the cheek trap is a little thin.

t1irYbO.jpeg

Vocoder is not very sharp on the hump details, some references

annZlh5.jpg

KKZqeB8.jpg?2   IMNaNgw.jpg?2  9ZBQOLM.jpg?3  

Just around the ear bumps is a little rounded, you could square up those lines a little. Bottom right corner of cheek trap the black line is a little too thick

DAMY3Y2.jpeg

oYDEzWK.jpg?1  wAMSyBP.jpg?2

• Like 1