CallMeMrTibbles HWT build

CallMeMrTibbles

58 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

It was this page I was trying to link to. Is this acceptable to all levels?

That one is an older design, would be entirely up to the DO's for higher level approval. You can see the differences to the reference image

400px-TK_hwt_pouches.jpeg.63d209ab31838bab34bfe0cc873b22eb.jpeg

• Like 1

Oil drain pan chopped in half to remove uneven profile.

36d911131cf7005386c945a82a128d47.jpg

I'm planning to glue wooden batons to the inside edges so that I can attach a sheet of black plastic with a hole for the OII. The half hole at the bottom will also be blanked off.

24" tube for scale

e5a849619fa742bbd36e6e014917bea9.jpg

Edited by CallMeMrTibbles

Soft parts questions for the DOs (in readiness for higher levels):

Pauldron.
Does it matter what colour the poppers are at the neck?
CRL pic shows them as dark finish rather than silver.

67d1c7866ce9b70173c8bd1a186bc015.jpg

I'm ordering from Burkbench, and they normally seem to fit silver

a12fe8d0746b093ebf761493f1447bf3.jpg

Also, seen a thread from last year by Nada where there were issues with a visible rivet near the neck, which burkbench pauldrons also have(?)

Ammo Pouches:
There's 2 different patterns. Does it matter which one is used? And should the shoulder pouch have the small tool pouch attached?

c77db0a7ed6f84d6e77fcb6a146262f0.jpg

959b008d4eaca6cc16ec072bd85b0edf.jpg

I've not seen issues with the popper colors before, normally they are silver although the CRL image shows them darker.

Both versions of the pouches have been approved at centurion, although the second pouches do match the CRL images.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49428-tk-61490-requesting-hwt-centurion-status-anovos-approved-2nd/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42345-tk-20466-requesting-heavy-weapon-trooper-centurion-status-ap-approved-2nd/

If you go off the references the first type should be find (and are easier to assemble ;)

large.pcsx22011-04-1212-29-33-40.jpg.aeb

Hopefully one of our DO's will chime in @TKSpartan @justjoseph63 @Chemi

• Like 2

Hi Richard. 

1-Pauldron.
Does it matter what colour the poppers are at the neck?
CRL pic shows them as dark finish rather than silver.

As Glen pointed , I don't see any issue either, my preference would be darker since in the reference images from the video game they're not visible at all.

HIKiHcz.jpg

2- Also, seen a thread from last year by Nada where there were issues with a visible rivet near the neck, which burkbench pauldrons also have(?)

Looking at the Nada's Pauldron, it looks like it is located too low in the front and this make it visible, You may want to check if th the location of the one you ordered could make it hidden or not.

nZCMNaw.jpg             vRnnSHD.jpg

3- Ammo Pouches:
There's 2 different patterns. Does it matter which one is used? And should the shoulder pouch have the small tool pouch attached?

As Glen already pointed too, both have been approved for centurion. To my eyes the more accurate is the first of your photos but you can use the other type too. 

NOTE:  What I would not recommend is to mix them (use one type on shoulder and the other type on the hips ) . B)

Reference Images

29hDl5D.jpg   HIKiHcz.jpg   Kap30jI.jpg

Hope this can help. :salute:

• Like 3

Ditto to what Mario mentioned, Rich, and you can always add some black paint to the snaps ;).  The more basic looking ones in my opinion are more (videogame) "screen accurate", but the others (although pricey) are more readily available.  

• Like 2

Thanks Joseph.

I've contacted the pauldron guy and he's going to use all dark hardware, and I've just received some leather look vinyl to have a go at making the simpler pouches myself (wish me luck!!!)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

I've just received some leather look vinyl to have a go at making the simpler pouches myself (wish me luck!!!)

No need to wish you luck, brother.  I've seen how tenacious and detail oriented you are, and I'm sure they will turn out great!  If you have the time and patience, a detailed tutorial would be awesome... (hint hint.. nudge nudge) ;)

• Like 1

hace 6 horas, CallMeMrTibbles dijo:

Thanks Joseph.

"I've just received some leather look vinyl to have a go at making the simpler pouches myself (wish me luck!!!)"

Good choice Richard!. They look much more accurate...And Good luck:laugh1:!!!

• Like 1

New boxes for the back pack have started arriving, and I've started building them up.

I have questions...

Radio Box
I've made up the face plate as per the measurements here...

34151dc79c1197e27dbfe4ebcf53412d.jpg

The box it's sitting on is 7.5" by 11", but it looks out of proportion. Do I need to remake the faceplate with a larger screen?

And is the grey material on the screen going to be OK when it's all sprayed black; looks like it's what Joseph did???)

5506e1488ad418ec7b3b0f3f814d8ab4.jpg

Also on radio box, looks to me in the screen grabs that the bottom left section has screws in each corner, as though a blanking plate has been put over it.

f3a61773d88ff96d974f6a4a6c891086.jpg

Oil Drain Pan
A thread by Joseph states the oil pan should be between 3.5" and 6". Mine is 3", and it's the best I could find. Do I need to modify to make it deeper? I'm a big guy, so aware of proportions, and only way I can think to make it deeper is to cut two drain pans and glue them together to make a 6" deep base. But, from screen grabs drain pan and radio should be around the same depth, so....

d48a01a32bae36ec0ca2e8d874b2dbdd.jpg

Not that I can speak for the DO's but you will find there is a lot of allowance given to size , shape and detailing with these packs as the references are not the best, those measurements are more of guide not gospel.

Here are the last 2 centurion approved packs just for reference as to what has been approved previously. 

DXdUTZZ.thumb.jpg.f713b1ca082209b16290e66bd2ef56cf.jpg

dhjEC4A.thumb.jpg.3f1729a1830273cd4772f7d4c556b566.jpg

1874765274_hwtback(1).thumb.jpg.aea76c514eb53f979c3ee12bd44194d8.jpg

hwtleft.jpg.efc7a88f5668a4b1cfa02241e91417c9.jpg

• Like 1

If you really get stuck on any details just PM @justjoseph63 he's always been the pack go to guy, he may not always see a particular post or question ;) 

• Like 3

I think 3 inches will be fine for the thickness of the oil pan, Rich.  I used a thicker one to better match the videogame  (photo 1) but that size doesn't seem to be available any longer, and as Glen said we allow for variations.

As for the screws in the bottom left square of the radio box, I never noticed them before but I think you may be onto something!  Although not really noticeable on many of the screen grabs, I did see them on another one as well (photo 2), so if you want to add them I say go for it, brother.  Looks like I will be adding them to my pack as well!

And yes, I did add mesh in the top of that section... (it IS a radio box after all). ;)

Lastly, being a little lot OCD I didn't particularly like the look of screw heads showing (photo 3), so I bought these (photo 4) at the local hardware store to cover them.  You just put the screws through the hole when attaching them and then flip the cover over and lock it.  This is a personal choice and will not affect approval.

03fjNbL.jpg?1    ypFYHrk.jpg    keY3yZt.png   vk5fQZX.png?1

It seems the dimensions of your box are not "ideal", but you have wiggle room.  It would be kind of a pain to re-do the cover, but you could extend it out a bit as seen below.  Again, as long as it's fairly close you will be fine.

2E8a1By.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks for all of this Joseph. As always it's very much appreciated :salute:

Good to hear that my oil pan will be OK. Makes it that bit closer to completion.

Funny how after all this time new things (like the radio box screws) still appear!

Very cool about those screw covers. Great tip, thanks.

And I'll redo the radio faceplate. I'd like to keep it as one piece of plastic rather than extending it. Just an evenings work, no bother :duim:

P.s. isn't that link to Colin's Centurion certificate?

• Like 1