CallMeMrTibbles HWT build

CallMeMrTibbles

Going to use my already cleared ESB TK as the basis for this. That's cleared to level 3 already, so hopefully the common parts will be good to go.

Link to UKG basic thread (for those that view it):

https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=77264

Link to EIB thread:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/51095-tk-46116-requesting-esb-eib-status-rwa-1025/

Link to Centurion thread:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/51123-tk-46116-requesting-esb-centurian-status-rwa-502/

What I believe I need to swap out or add are:
- replace lid with anh stunt
- replace gloves with rubber with glued on anh latex handguards
- replace belt (no holster poppers and no drop boxes)
- add appropriate weapon (probably going for RDR dlt-19)
- add 3 x ammo pouches (either side of belt and one at shoulder)
- add orange pauldron
- add the back pack
- maybe don't fit td, depending on how pack fits

'May' not go for light weathering until after basic clearance and going for level 2 (not sure yet). Was given a tip of using mascara and a makeup brush (thanks Justin), so it's easy to swap back to shiny white.

Already spoken to Burkbench for making up faux leather ammo pouches. Said they've not done them before, but shouldn't be an issue. Will get the faux leather pauldron from them too.

Will be going to RDR for the dlt-19. Waiting to hear that he's finished updating his mold and selling again. Considering adding BlastFX later (just because and for giggles).

Pack will be interesting. Following threads about it, but not sure about sourcing parts in the UK and I don't have a 3d printer. Help on sourcing/making bits greatly appreciated.

Will be placing the first order for some of the above bits around payday at the end of the August.

Ta,
Rich

• Like 1

Looking to make a start on the back pack.

Found this:

https://www.24mx.co.uk/motocross-accessories/oils--lubricants_c71/other_c121/proworks-oil-waste-can-8l_pid-PIA-178617?gclsrc=ds,ds

Do those in the know think this would be OK?

Edited by CallMeMrTibbles

According to the measurements on the site you provided, I personally feel it may be too small, Rich.  It's not necessarily the height (490mm), but more the width (300mm).  In looking at the images from the videogame, the CRL model and other EI approved troopers, the width generally covers the wearers waist on each side.  The height on mine (second photo) is 560mm and the width is 381mm if that gives you a better idea.

Videogame                                                      CRL                                                 TK 42128                                                  TK 83125

a9lmlyI.jpg?1   SFwNuQo.jpg?1   MjHv7i0.jpg?1   Vwf4F0l.jpg?1

• Like 1

Not having much joy with UK suppliers, but managed to find this as an import from Japan

-----------

Doesn't list dimensions, but certainly looks like the correct part

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

On 8/10/2021 at 12:29 AM, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Not having much joy with UK suppliers, but managed to find this as an import from Japan

------------

Doesn't list dimensions, but certainly looks like the correct part

Definitely looks correct if you can get it!

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Parts found or bought today
(Tube not shown as still 2.5m long!)

Couldn't find exact sizes as per Joseph's diagram. Could someone let me know if these boxes will work for size and shape. I'm aiming for level 3 BTW.

(All boxes measured across the flat face, which is smaller than where it'll mount to the oil pan)

Top left:
4.25" x 6" (random box found in cupboard)

Top centre canister:
3.25" x 9.5" (Wilko, was filled with bungie cords)

Top right:
4.5" x 7.5" (Wilko)

Bottom right:
4.5" x 7.5" (Wilko)

Bottom left:
8.5" x 11" (Wilko)

The popit! boxes aren't available in the UK (that I can find), and I suspect the photo boxes may be a different standard size as we use A4 size rather than letter(?)7a30dd36cdbe70dd3cbea34d7a0c9537.jpg

Gonna replace bottom right box with this (as it should be closer to ideal size, and I'd prefer it to be obvious I've not used the same box twice).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0000AN4CI/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_6F6BPFAZ9CDBE99JSNK4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ordered these for the 4 black rubber buttons on top left box

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DPMKQWC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_SH8A1113Y220QQEQ1AHA

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 12:29 AM, CallMeMrTibbles said:

-----------

Since the first one had an 8 liter capacity and this one has 12, you should be good go.  If possible, you may want to contact them to find the exact measurements just to be on the safe side. ;)

Keep in mind that the measurements in my thread are approximate.  The main thing is the overall look and how well they fit on the pack.  Since not all troopers have access to the exact same build materials we allow for variations (within reason, of course)! 

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Starting to order more parts for this build (pauldron and ammo pouches in faux leather from Burkbench Designs in the UK, same place I got my esb holster).

CRL says:

• Canvas belt may not have visible holes from holster removal.

...but wouldn't any holes be covered by the ammo pouches anyway, so does that count as 'not visible?

5 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Starting to order more parts for this build (pauldron and ammo pouches in faux leather from Burkbench Designs in the UK, same place I got my esb holster).

CRL says:

• Canvas belt may not have visible holes from holster removal.

...but wouldn't any holes be covered by the ammo pouches anyway, so does that count as 'not visible?

Yep, if they're covered you should be good (and shouldn't have any from ESB anyways). More proper to replace the belt since you have to remove the drop boxes anyways, but if the holes aren't visible, no one will know.

• Like 1

Trying to find an alternative oil pan that I can source in the UK (rather than importing from Japan or the US!!!!), and this is the best I can find.

https://probike.co.uk/general-equipment/air-oil-fuel/oil-distribution/12-litre-waste-oil-drainer

length 500 mm, width 365 mm, depth 130 mm (guessing at the thickest part, which would be shallowed down anyway)

Still not as big as the Wedco that is the go to part. I'll have more work flattening off the odd shape so that it fits my back, but that's no great hardship. Ordered and should be here in a couple of days, and will mock up to get an idea for size.

Oil drain pan turned up today.

Does it need to be the same thickness along its full length, or can I leave it shallower at the top than at the bottom? Just weighing up a few alternative ways to approach it.

ef266a1e38373da5dd6e783f3382503c.jpgb8a5abbbea0e392667da4864a0fa17c9.jpgabb34dcebc5b66079dd1eaa20a37d34c.jpg

I would presume they should be the same width top to bottom otherwise it would push away from your butt

16721695927_fbc92d4caf.jpgjz5ZNwc.jpg

• Like 1

Rough placement of parts to get an idea if sizes and boxes will work. (Still need to source the bottom right funnel assembly, aerial tube still not cut to length).

The oil pan is 14.5 inches wide, and is the widest pan of this type I could find in UK. Pretty sure not as wide as the usual wedco pan :/

23713cd2e609c49647096d33d4e1dc39.jpg

The 3 sandwich boxes aren't trimmed yet, so will have a smaller footprint. Blue box has correct(ish) measurements, but looks too big relatively, so may replace. Think the other 2 will be OK.

Top centre cylinder will be shortened by about 1.25 inches.

The large radio box is too big. Will either resize or source another.

Considering flattening off the bottom of the oil pan too.

I'm comparing to these three pics (believe one is Joseph, not sure the other two), as well as the game screen grabs.

e16758124fd32f9993815ba55043cd9d.jpg
1bf0c5e83d2068eee7616b200fe98ef3.jpg
98ecb7d2dc0ce7f474b1866ce546878e.jpg

• Like 1

So, turns out the UK company that said they could make faux leather ammo pouches, can't (sounds like they tried, but it just didn't work out).

I've contacted Geeky Pinks for a quote as they've also said they could make them, but there's then the additional cost of international postage.

I can get canvas pouches for £40 each, and was thinking of painting them in matte PlastDip, then weathering to give a leather appearance. Anyone tried anything like that before, as no idea if it'll actually work(?)

I doubt you would get to same appearance using canvas as the base.

I've made them.in the past but unfortunately not able to do sewing at the moment.

Here was my FOTK pouch which is similar

A couple of good how to threads 

There was an awesome website from TK1336 with templates bit unfortunately it's no longer active, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of the templates, I'll have a look on computer in the morning. With his design they are mostly glued and it uses vinyl.

• Like 2