Remnant from NZ

TK3373

Hello troopers,

Last year I bought a set of 850 ROTK armour from a fellow member with the hope of turning it into a ROTK, However converting my BS TK helmet proved to be a bit of a challenge so I have decided to go the Mando route instead. I kinda like the griminess of the troopers seen in the series.

I was lucky enough to score an Anovos OT helmet off ebay in the weekend. The bidding was a bit fierce but I wanted it so bad. I wanted to get the exact make of helmet used in the season 1 'Client's' troopers in order to make my Remnant TK. These were Anovos helmets I believe.

I will be scanning through the reference photos the first season Mandalorian throughout my build.

Helmet - Anovos Original Trilogy

Armour - 850 Props

Gloves - ROTK (Endor Finders)

Undershirt  - Imperial Boots

Boots ?

mandotk.JPG.95c2ccf9d98136c9acd3d52900c8c2ad.JPG

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your build, as there is not CRL at this stage document as much reference material as you can and keep that hand in case needed. 

Good luck 

Hey and welcome!

As Glen said, there hasn't been a CRL developed just yet, but a few of us have been pushing for it. Getting approval for the new CRL with an 850 suit may prove to be a challenge due to their accuracy, but that's if no one beats you to it! I would build to the Rogue One CRL standard first, then add the weathering and swap helmets once a CRL is closer to being finalized, personally. Let us know how we can help! :D

A CRL always requires a costume built first, otherwise it is like putting the cart before the horse.

If you are indeed the first then we will work with you to write the CRL. Luckily we have the R1 platform to base it off so this won't be too difficult.

As has been suggested, build using the R1 CRL, and make sure you do document any changes that make the remnant stand apart from that costume. Include as many screen shots as possible in your build thread with your thoughts and descriptions. Not just the weathering but any you find as you research and build.

Any new to legion costume  goes through this process and we must present the information to the LMO team for final approval.

I am very excited you are taking on this build Scott, and look forward to working with you to make the CRL as good as it can be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2021 at 2:25 AM, TK3373 said:

Thanks Team. I plan on building the armor as ROTK first then transforming into a remnant tk, :)

This is also my plan. And from what I was just told elsewhere, everything else is R1TK armor except for the helmet being ANH. That's very odd to me since there is 9 years between ANH and Mando and there are several iterations of helmets between the two. Really seems like literally any helmet should be considered here only because Remnants are using anything they can get their hands on. The fall of an Empire is not the time to get picky. LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JasonG said:

This is also my plan. And from what I was just told elsewhere, everything else is R1TK armor except for the helmet being ANH. That's very odd to me since there is 9 years between ANH and Mando and there are several iterations of helmets between the two. Really seems like literally any helmet should be considered here only because Remnants are using anything they can get their hands on. The fall of an Empire is not the time to get picky. LOL

It's more a case of what is seen/used on set rather than the timeline, we would never have had R1 armor if designers stuck with specific armors for timelines, after all ANH followed directly on from R1 so should be exactly the same armor ;) 

• Like 2

I kinda like the idea they borrowed from different sources to make up a remnant army. 

I think the original idea for Rogue One was to clean up design of TK suits since they didnt have any original ones on hand. However this meant they now had an inventory of suits to reuse for future projects. To the average viewer this doesnt seem out of place.

Not to mention the suits used in the old deathstar in Rise of Skywalker were ROTKs as well, so its a bit over the place, but thats what makes this hobby fun and allows us to choose different types of armour.

All part of the fun I suppose. :)