New kid from Florida

Hey there! My names' Austin, and I am looking forward to joining the 501st Legion. It started when I was at the gym and saw another person working out with a Everglades detachment shirt on. I went over and asked him about it, and he (TK-42131) and his friend told me about the 501st and what they do. They were pretty nice to me, and continued to show off all the different Stormtrooper/Clone Trooper armor they had. He then asked if I wanted to join, which as a Star Wars geek I answered with a resounding yes.

I'm a 19 year old in Florida about to start college and don't have any armor yet, but I look forward to building an Imperial Shocktrooper uniform from Battlefront (2015) and getting out to march around with the rest of the 501st. As a kid who has experienced cancer and seen what organizations like Make-A-Wish do for kids struggling in the hospital, I am very excited to join and feel the need to give a big salute to the kindness the 501st Legion shows to children in the hospitals and to the community in general. I may be new to this stuff, but believe me when I say I'm willing to learn all there is. I can't wait to get a costume and become a fully appointed member of the 501st Everglades Detachment in the Florida Garrison.

• Like 7

Hey Austin,

When you wrote about geeking out at the armour, I was totally with you. When you then wrote about having been a cancer patient, and wanting to salute what the 501st do it took on a whole new level of respect.

I'm looking forward to seeing you get started with your build, helping if I can, and seeing the pics of your first troop.

Rich :salute:

Hello and welcome aboard, we have some great build threads full of information so take a browse through some of those. Also check out the Getting Started section, and of course you can't go past this thread full of links and info. Also check out our Gallery area, lots of screen reference there.

Good luck on this journey, hope to see a build thread from you soon 

Hi Austin, welcome to FISD. I am very happy that you want to join us!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Browse the forum, there is a lot of useful info. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, and remember, we are all here to help!:salute:

I wish you all the best (when you start college;))!!!

Welcome, Austin! I'm a recent cancer survivor myself, so you definitely have people in here who understand your journey and are here to support you! Trooping and putting smiles on faces truly is a great reward for the work put into your armor. Let us know how we can help!

• 1 month later...