CallMeMrTibbles requesting pre approval HWT TK

Here we go again!

Going to use my already cleared ESB TK as the basis for this. That's cleared to level 3 already, so hopefully the common parts will be good to go.

Link to UKG basic thread (for those that view it)
https://www.ukgarrison.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=77264

Link to EIB thread
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/51095-tk-46116-requesting-esb-eib-status-rwa-1025/

Link to Centurion thread
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/51123-tk-46116-requesting-esb-centurian-status-rwa-502/

What I believe I need to swap out or add are:
- replace lid with anh stunt
- replace gloves with rubber with glued on anh latex handguards
- replace belt (no holster poppers and no drop boxes)
- add appropriate weapon (probably going for RDR dlt-19)
- add 3 x ammo pouches (either side of belt and one at shoulder)
- add orange pauldron
- add the back pack
- maybe don't fit td, depending on how pack fits

'May' not go for light weathering until after basic clearance and going for level 2 (not sure yet). Was given a tip of using mascara and a makeup brush (thanks Justin), so it's easy to swap back to shiny white.

Already spoken to Burkbench for making up faux leather ammo pouches. Said they've not done them before, but shouldn't be an issue. Will get the faux leather pauldron from them too.

Will be going to RDR for the dlt-19. Waiting to hear that he's finished updating his mold and selling again. Considering adding BlastFX later (just because and for giggles).

Pack will be interesting. Following threads about it, but not sure about sourcing parts in the UK and I don't have a 3d printer. Help on sourcing/making bits greatly appreciated.

Will be placing the first order for some of the above bits around payday at the end of the August.

Ta,
Rich

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Is it true that I need to remove the UKG 'brand' from my shoulder bell if using previously cleared base armour as the basis for a new build that I intend to take to levels 2 and 3?

Correct, not allowed for L2 or L3

• Like 1

I'm actually more confused now.

The UKG brand isn't the trooper number, but is 'UKG' in aurebesh, and both of those links refer to it being a standardised and uniform brand for everyone within UKG (which it is; we aren't allowed to troop without it, even at LFL events).

Locitus says in both threads that UKG is a special case (wish everyone had the same rules, but also see that Locitus references UKG do it to differentiate from other costuming groups). I'm reading those threads to say that the UKG brand is OK for lvl 2 and 3.

I suppose the main thing here (for UKG members anyway) is, in order to troop we must have the UKG sticker on the shoulder bell. For armour that shares the shoulder bell (e.g. ANH/ESB/HWT TK) we can remove the decal for subsequent lvl 2 and 3 clearance of other armour, but the decal then has to be immediately reapplied at the next troop, so becomes wasteful.

I appreciate both sides of the argument.

Those two threads are ones I quickly found, there are others out there on the subject.

Here is just one post in an application by a DO asking for it's removal, again there are more and this has always been the case since I've been a member, most will seek L2 and L3 approval and once approved just have decals applied again,

app.thumb.png.53c030a82f596f68055cc664baeb5efb.png

Also a confirming comment by our current DO lead Joseph in the exact same application

app2.thumb.png.25ea0e101074fca9b15fb21191192788.png

I know another member who has two shoulder bells, one with one without decal, great idea for LFL cannon events ;) 

• Like 2

Cool. Just wanted to be absolutely sure before going in either direction.

End of the day, lvl 2 and 3 are about being increasingly accurate, so totally get that these kind of decals should not be present.

All good. Thanks Glen

• Like 2

Looking to make a start on the back pack.

Found this on UK amazon, and is the best fit I could find on there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007TNDPUI/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_TENRFQQ82Z565790Z94W?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Do those in the know think this would be OK?

You may want to start a build thread in the HWT section, you may get more response as this thread is after all a pre-approval thread and some may not visit it ;) 

• Like 1