Cleantrooper kindly requesting pre approval. TM ESB tk

When I've seen pics of the different glove types used, the rubber gloves (with straps) don't have the holes and stitching.

Going strictly by the wording then you're right, but I 'think' the DOs would say no stitches if wearing rubber gloves.

Best to see what the DOs say on this.

I would think the DO's would pretty much pick this up at L2, they all have eagle eyes and the CRL specifically states the two optionsĀ ;)

Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I would think the DO's would pretty much pick this up at L2, they all have eagle eyes and the CRL specifically states the two optionsĀ ;)

Ā 

Glen, for my own kitbag of info, and to make sure I understand right (and don't give wrong advice in the future!!!!)...

Can there be holes and stitching if using elastic and rubber gloves?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Glen, for my own kitbag of info, and to make sure I understand right (and don't give wrong advice in the future!!!!)...

Can there be holes and stitching if using elastic and rubber gloves?

To me the CRL specifically states the two differences, no mention of stitching with rubber gloves, only with silk, BUTĀ as always with higher level clearance it is ultimately aĀ Deployment OfficeĀ decision. I can tell you this is being discussed by the DO's and they will chime in once a decisionĀ has been made ;)Ā 

• Like 2

Didn't think that this would cause such a stirĀ Ā  but it will be interesting to see the results.
All good mate.
You're right that the words can be interpreted in a couple of ways, and it's good to get clarity. I think it's only through conversations like this that details get worked out
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cleantrooper said:

Didn't think that this would cause such a stirĀ :(Ā  but it will be interesting to see the results.

Not a stir at all just an interesting situation, I've been doing this for nearly 10 years and can't remember seeing anyone using rubber gloves with stitching. To me I wouldn't attempt.as I would thing they could pull through the rubber.

Ā 

Hopefully we'll here from the DO's soon, but again should not hold you up for basic approval

• Like 2

As Glen mentioned, this is the first instance I've seen of rubber gloves using stitched hand plates.Ā  While I admire the effort to look a little more screen accurate, the CRL requirements in this area are quite precise.

Ā 

For Basic approval in ESB (and ANH for that matter) it states that the guards only need be "mounted securely over the back of the glove" (i.e. straps).

Ā 

When it comes to ESB EI level and above, if using rubber glovesĀ the guards areĀ "mounted securely over the back of the glove".

Ā 

k0eyr1d.jpg?1Ā  Ā aEYd0bO.jpg?1Ā  Ā 4zw52jP.jpg?2

Ā 

The key phrase here is "mounted securely", as opposed to "affixed" (glued) as required in Level 3 for ANH Stunt/Hero.Ā  The word affixed does not appear in the ESB CRL.

Ā 

"If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates have the correct stitching pattern using a 5 point star with 2 on each side and one in the middle front."Ā  While it does not specifically mention strapping as an alternative to actually sewing then to the gloves, I feel it is implied.

Ā 

While I can't tell if the guards are actually stitched on, I noticed that you included silk/satin gloves in your first set of photos.

Ā 

Ā MRQ8woW.jpg

Ā 

I am in the middle of an ESB build as well, and to be honestĀ I thought long and hard about which method to use.Ā  The rubber gloves/straps are easier to deal with, but even though the gloves will need to be hand washed I went with the stitching method.Ā  I even thought about the combination of the two like you did, but decided against it due to the reasons mentioned above.

Ā 

You have a dynamite looking set of armor there, Brett, and I assume (hope) that you will be applying for EI and Centurion!Ā  My advice at this point would be to stitch them onto the satinĀ gloves.Ā  The alternative would be to get a new set of guards and use the strapping method.Ā Ā 

Ā 

One other quick comment if I may..

Ā 

In the first photo below your bicep placement is spot-on, allowing for a nice gap between the wrist opening and guards.Ā  However, in the second (more recent) image they are way lower, which is causing your forearms to sit too far down and ride over the right hand guard.Ā  I would definitely raise them up.;)

7EPSIRN.jpgĀ  Ā KBEye6o.jpg

Ā 

Just my opinion, but as much as I love ESB armor I think onscreen that it was the sloppiest of all the OT... especially the biceps for some strange reason. Maybe they used actors that over 6 ft. for this one, lol.

Even though the discrepanciesĀ areĀ seen onscreen in many cases, I still think you should raise the biceps/forearms a bit.Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 

bBfhO1b.jpgĀ  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 0xNb3fr.jpg?1Ā Ā CzbVkpm.jpg?1Ā Ā WZRP3JI.jpg?1Ā Ā 9EsIV0W.jpg?1

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  (What the...) ?

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā "Ideal"Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā lpfpRra.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

Hi Joseph. Great to hear from you as always. I'll just clarify a few pionts so were all on the same pageĀ ;)Ā the handgaurds on the rubber gloves are held in place with elastic straps. I purely added the stitching to look more authentic.Ā  My thought process was just for the aesthetics and like you said stitching to a rubber glove would be a challenge!Ā  As i understand then its silk gloves and I'll add the front stitching or rubber gloves NO stitching and elastic straps. Thanks for the comments so far I really appreciate it. I lowered the biceps to achieve that ESB look but I take your point and I'll return them to the original position. The other fixes will be sorted as well as i apply for higher levels. Thanks again..maybe this is my next jobĀ hbsSgc9.jpg

Edited by Cleantrooper
New pics
  • Like 2

I've made the changes that have been pointed out and I'm much happier with the results. Obviously the handgaurds were aĀ  stand out issue but if these now get the ok its happy daysĀ :)Ā if im correct I have to get clearance by my garrison before trying for EIB.?MghVKvn.jpg

• Like 1