Cleantrooper kindly requesting pre approval. TM ESB tk

Gotta love an ESB TK. Nice work!

Have you got a pic of the other side of your blaster? Looks from the action shot like you may have an ANH version(?)

Can't remember if UKG armourers are concerned about that for basic clearance, but it'll be an issue at higher levels.

Edited by CallMeMrTibbles

• Cleantrooper changed the title to Cleantrooper kindly requesting pre approval. TM ESB tk

Good day to you Mr tibbles.  Well spotted sir. I am awaiting my new ESB e11. To be honest I've followed your progress on the ukg forums,  your everywhere :jc_doublethumbup:  I've used my hero tk but I've swapped over the helmet belt and gloves plus holster. 

• Like 1

Looks great! Helmet decals are a little undersized for the traps, but I know there isn't much availability on those, so probably can't be helped... I would also lower your biceps a bit to close the gaps at your elbows and wrists a bit more - ESB was distinctive in this way. Looking good though and should be an easy variant approval! 

18 minutes ago, Cleantrooper said:

Good day to you Mr tibbles.  Well spotted sir. I am awaiting my new ESB e11. To be honest I've followed your progress on the ukg forums,  your everywhere :jc_doublethumbup:  I've used my hero tk but I've swapped over the helmet belt and gloves plus holster. 

And good day to you sir :salute:

It's been said I get around a bit! :dancing-trooper:

Gotcha re the blaster. Sounds like you know what you're doing :D

Nice work, a few other things you could adjust:

You could glue some pieces of ABS/plastic behind your kidney, they will sit behind the ab plate and help hold your sides in, at present you can see a large opening. 

c3133fd70083f1903ef94566306776a1.thumb.jpg.80975417785b5085319964508d56af41.jpg

Shoulder straps are sitting up on the back plate, you could heat and bend so they sit flush, can't see from the images if you have elastic there but that could help if you havne't

b92e8d75e5e9e9b35491a2b9b7533ebf.jpg.bc5c3a3be25ddedb36e9dbdbc7e634b9.jpg  UrnD3dz.jpg?2

You could also add a little white to the rim of you Hovi's (mic tips)

origESBpatch01.jpg.825593f75d07c2325bc2f1ed911c2f8b.jpg

And also match the outer curves on your vocoder, the one on the right is quite a bit lower

mm.png.914b4f9c081420ed8d324efb9fe15a83.png

Good luck and hope to see you approved soon

Edited by gmrhodes13
updated text
  • Like 1

Looking great Brett.  You have made an outstanding job with the fixes and ready for a fast approval.

If I can make a note, something simple but that can help to keep the great accuracy of your armor is the TD control panel location.

It looks like the round washer style detail is facing upwards more than the seen in screen. This can be fixed just opening the clips a little (if they allow it) and rotating the TD backwards, plan B would be to trim the control panel lower section a little to relocate it in the correct facing position.

3DuKssx.jpg?1                        0B5OFmr.jpg?1

Reference Images

wKac8iZ.jpg    iOYNSGQ.jpg?3   VeXjroO.jpg

Keep up the great work ! :salute:

• Like 1

Looking good, if you haven't already try some foam behind your sniper knee plate, to help push it forwards away from your thigh, were it is you will hit from time to time. 

6I5MA93.jpg

Shoulder straps are much better, you could tweak them a little as there is still a slight gap. Also the butt plate appears to be pushing backwards, you can see on the side image it doesn't meet the ends of the kidney, perhaps tighter strapping. These are just very slight so should be ok for basic approval

0nOHmQh.jpg

Good luck with your approval

• Like 1

Great feedback as always,  thank you. The TD is no problem at all,  I'll pop some foam behind the sniper knee , if there are any pics of what people have done with there own I'd appreciate that.  As for the butt plate i have tried to get that more aligned but it might just be my shape,  that said I will give it a go and see what i can do. What is the procedure as I look into possible EIB . Thanks in advance for your guidance. 

Can you post a close up of your handguards. Cant see clearly, but look like you have 4 sets of double stitching and it should be 5. (If you think the stitching at the knuckles would be too tight I believe it's OK to add the detail to the handguards, but not actually stitch to the gloves, but check with one of the DOs).

51bfe91036b15e7a1d9c953c06ed891b.jpg

For your butt plate you may find that Glen's technique of v tabs would help bring it in, as well as preventing any 'trooper butt'.

Heat a scrap of ABS and bend into this shape:

14c14744a777f82abcb73fbcbe48d1ea.jpg

Glue roughly in this location, but only glue on one end and leave the other end floating. I glue to the butt plate and get a good result. I believe Glen glues to the kidney plate.

7601270f73c3f48fe9de09e713d166b0.jpg

• Like 1

Hand plate stitching should be fine for basic approval, only a L2 requirement ;)

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates have the correct visible stitching pattern using black cotton, with a five point/star pattern, equally spread out with 2 on each side and 1 in the middle front, and needs to be double stitched at each point
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

I'm jumping the gun! emoji1.png

Always good to hilight higher level issues, just add should be OK for basic ;)

• Like 1