ROGUE ONE DLT-19 BLASTER REFERENCE

DavidOx

The Rogue one DLT-19 deserve its own research post.

The Original triology version of the DLT-19 is similar but compared to the Rogue one variant has some big and small differences.

After reading SlyFox740[TK] his post on his intensive research of the R1 E-11 I wondered if the DLT-19 was also build around a airsoft gun instead of a real one.

Comparing pictures of the prop and the real one I quickly saw that the two are different and is indeed based on the airsoft MG-34 variant.

I will use a lot of SlyFox740[TK] original post to describe the separate parts added onto the blaster so all credit to him.

Highly recommend reading through his post first.

Let's start with a good high quality image of the DLT-19.

Source: Rogue one The ultimate visual guide.

agr8rvM.jpg

Beautiful German engineering, uh I mean BlasTech engineering.

The Base Gun

The DLT-19 blasters in R1 are based on an Airsoft RWA MG-34

The T-Track

code: ER060B8. https://www.tubewaysales.com/cat/plastic-trims-and-miscellaneous-items/plastic-insert-and-t-track/

The Flashlight

The flashlight on the right side of the blaster; an Element M300A Mini Scout Light (Knockoff replica of a SureFire M300 Tactical Flashlight)

The Flashlight Rail

The flashlight is mounted to the right side of the airsoft gun through the receiver holes using a short 3-slot picatinny rail.

There are many short 3-slot picatinny rails available but the screen used one has sharp corners with a rounded groove on the back surface to mount flush against the side of the airsoft receiver tube.

Research:

The base gun

Rogue one DLT-19

1ZGeO3Z.png

RWA (RedWolfAirsoft) MG-34 replica

ASy8hST.jpg

Original German MG-34

D0dvivh.jpg

At first glance no difference, but with a lot of things its in the details where we can see some slight differences.

The easiest to spot are the bolts.

Rogue one DLT-19

NBWQrF2.png

RWA (RedWolfAirsoft) MG-34 replica

x4fr90G.jpg

Original German MG-34

F7XZA5O.jpg

Here we can see that the original MG-34 uses a flat head bolt and rivets.

The Rogue one DLT-19 uses inbus bolts and a Philips bolt. These match with the RWA bolts.

It was easy to find the airsoft MG-34 that matched these details. Because only one brand makes Airsoft MG-34 replica's.

Denix also makes MG-34 replica's, but these are metal non firing display pieces. Accurately replicated the original MG-34, so the bolts do not match the Rogue one DLT-19.

Only two DLT-19 were seen at the same time.

It would not suprise me if only one Hero blaster exists and the other one in this shot a rubber cast made from the Hero prop.

6XaOMdH.png

This one in the image is the actual RWA replica as prop. We can see that this is not a cast because the barrel holes are still open and there is brown visible on the stock, like the airsoft replica.

sii86DO.jpg

There is a block added on the other side of the blaster, this block is in the slot where the magazine normale slights in. I sadly do not have a better image.

Note that the the other side, were normally bullets would eject, is still open and you can see inside the blaster.

bIt4oWr.jpg

With the Hot toys figurine, I have found slightly better angles

wZY55jh.jpg

7L7adNY.jpg

Sling placement

Using the HotToys blaster these two spots are where the sling can be attached to the blaster.
The blaster has been modified to make the sling connect.
ruXE1d1.png
irnTOSJ.png

The T-Track

Cut of at a sharp angle (around 30 degrees) and glued on the barrel of the DLT-19.

It is sourced from a company in the U.K. called Tubeway Sales LTD. It is called "Insert Track" and it is designed for sliding doors, this T-track is sold under the product code: ER060B8. https://www.tubewaysales.com/cat/plastic-trims-and-miscellaneous-items/plastic-insert-and-t-track/

Erl3irN.jpg

The Flashlight

The flashlight used is an Element M300A Mini Scout Light which is actually an airsoft replica of a real SureFire M300 Tactical Flashlight. The difference is the knockoff costs around $50 while the real thing is worth around $300.

I am uncertain if the flashlight on the DLT-19 is a casted variant or not.

ljFtcJv.jpg

The Flashlight Rail

The flashlight is mounted to the right side of the airsoft gun through the receiver holes using a short 3-slot picatinny rail.

There are many short 3-slot picatinny rails available but the screen used one has sharp corners with a rounded groove on the back surface to mount flush against the side of the airsoft receiver tube.

kBeMPN1.jpg

GyPCnV0.jpg

Edited by DavidOx

Death troopers 

DLT-19D blasters are used by Death troopers. These have added details.

The base gun

This is a casted variant of the MG-34 RWA.

You can tell that it is a casted variant by the holes in the barrel. These are now closed up. Also the side of the blaster where originally bullets would eject from, has a plate in front of it closing that opening.

fiFs9sp.jpg

Edited by DavidOx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...