Hello from Kingston, ON Canada

Hello - I have been lurking and reading many of the forum build posts for while now.

I have started my own build using recommended vendors I researched on this forum.

So far I have received much of what I need but am waiting on my armour (maybe August) and blaster rifle (probably September) to be able to make an application and post pics.

My build topic is located here.

Happy to be here and thanks to all for all of the great resources here.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 2

Hi Jeff,

Really good to have you here.

Great to see that you've been doing your research here before ordering. I bet you can't wait for those boxes to start arriving.

If you haven't already, have a look in the advanced tactics folder at the expert infantry and centurion programs.

Its entirely your choice if you wish to pursue these higher levels of accuracy, but its good to build with these in mind from the start, rather than make changes further down the line.

There's a lot of satisfaction to knowing your armour is the best it can be, but whatever level you want to build to there's lots of info, support and encouragement here.

Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Rich :salute:

Welcome to the FISD, Jeff.  I saw on your build thread that you have AP armour on order.  Nice choice, Mark does good work. That said, if you need any advice for fine tuning the sizing or anything, let us know in your build thread.  We are here to help. Cheers.

Hi Jeff and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to FISD Jeff!

Looks like you are under way, enjoy the journey to becoming a Stormtrooper and if ever in doubt with your build, ask plenty of questions.

• 6 months later...