TRamp TK setup options

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered on a separate thread. I’ve searched the forum and struggled to find an answer so it must be hidden deep in the Galaxy somewhere. 

I’m about to order the TRamp and wondering whether to get it with the standard remote or the finger remote. I’m really keen to hide the mechanism as much as possible so the magic isn’t destroyed by me fumbling around for the right buttons on the standard remote. This is why I’m leaning towards the finger remote as I can hide it within my gloves. Only problem is the sweating which will ultimately damage the electronics. 

I’m interested to know what solutions people have come up with for both the standard and finger remote options to help with my decision. 

In addition, I’d also like to know where people have fitted their amp. I’ve seen that you can mount under the chest plate but there is also mention of it being able to be fit into the helmet itself? Any advice on this also would be great. 

Thanks all,

Tim

Go for the standard unit. Pop it in the chest plate. Try not to overthink stuff.
It will not fit in the led, but no one will know where the sound is coming from. You will be glad you did!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Tim,

I’d certainly avoid trying to put it in your helmet. They are very loud and I’m pretty sure you’d do some damage to your hearing.

Personally, I put mine around my neck and it sits behind the chest plate. To me, this is ideal.

I bought my TRamp and went with the remote. Thing is, apart from playing around with it when I opened the box, I’ve never used it. Not once. Reason being, the loops and samples can be very restrictive on a troop. If a child asks you a question, answering with a sample Is unlikely to make sense.

For me, I try to act the character and interact with people on a case by case basis. Here’s my thoughts on voice acting and using tramp;

Here, you’ll see me kitting up and wearing the tramp unit around my neck;

Hope this helps. :-)
  • Like 1

I'd heard that it was possible to wear it around your neck, but hadn't seen any pics. Thanks Dan.

I've already ordered mine with the remote switches (doh), but kinda have an idea how I'll use it.

Was thinking of having some TK chatter where you can't make out whats being said. A few different different versions, so its not obvious I'm just playing the same thing everytime.

If I need to move on from someone that's being really chatty I could play it and pretend I'm being ordered to somewhere else.

Other thing I was thinking was to have various craft sounds (tie fighter, millennium falcon, speeder bike, etc) play it and look around and say stuff like, oh, you just missed it.

This may not work out of course, and as the others have said I may never use it. 'All the gear and no idea' maybe :laugh1:

• Like 2

I’m comfortable doing an accent so that part doesn’t bother me too much.

I agree with Dan in the sense that if you’re confident enough to master the voice and learn the quotes, I think it makes for more tailored interactions. I’m sure the preloaded clips will still have their place on certain troops though.

Thanks for the suggestions on this. I’ll probably go with the standard remote option. I think this will serve the purposes I’ll be using it for.

Sent from The Empire

• Like 1

If you do select to have chatter on you will not get the static bursts when you speak. Easy fix is to disable chatter and have a loop running via a cheap mp3 player plugged into the aux socket on the amp running the chatter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is chatter a specific setting (like having something constantly running in the back ground)?

If yes, that wasn't what I was planning. I was thinking to have a handful of very short (.5 to 1 second) individual samples that I would trigger one at a time to play once. I think from the TRamp instruction video you can have a play list that you step through (could easily be wrong, I have a terrible memory).

Does any of that sound right / make sense, and would it still disable the static bursts?

Edited by CallMeMrTibbles

Cool will do.

I remember he said in one video that the new v5 software could do more stuff, but like I said, terrible memory! :D

Will post here what he says for everyone's benefit :duim:

Edited by CallMeMrTibbles
  • Like 2