G'day from the kangaroo kingdom

Hi everyone, my names piers just starting out on my journey to eventually joining the 501st. I have joined up to my local garrison here in Australia and have been doing a bunch of research which has led to a rabbit hole of information. My aim is to have ROTJ armour still trying to work out what would work for me 6" and 110kg . Is there a strict procedure in contacting a builder? i have one in mind but they are based in the US so any advice would be appreciated.

• Like 2

Hi Piers, welcome to FISD!

For RotJ, CFO (Cast from original) Mark is one of the best located in the UK,PM Sskunky here on FISD.  Their are other armour makers US based that you can covert to RotJ.

This thread here has the vetted makers and some contact info for each.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome to the forums from here in the west, good luck with the researching, hope to see a build thread from you soon.

Welcome to the FISD, Piers!  As Andrew mentioned, if it's ROTJ armor you are looking for you really can't get any more accurate than Mark's.  Cast from an original set, it's as close as you get to screen used and he has a sterling reputation here as a seller.

Whoever you choose, know that we are here every step of the way to help!

• Like 1

Welcome, Piers. Be prepared to get addicted, haha!
Enjoy the journey my friend and look forward to seeing your progress.
Ask all the questions you need, the folks here on FISD are here to help you.
Enjoy!

Sent from The Empire

• Like 1

Hey and welcome! The thread title alone had me intrigued haha

I'll go ahead and add another +1 for Mark of CfO - ROTJ armor is unique and his is definitely the best example of it. Unaware of any makers in Oz, so if it's going to be shipped anyways, might as well go for the good stuff. His prices and lead times are pretty reasonable by comparison as well. Good luck and let us know if we can help! Research and ask questions, but you're off to a good start obviously!

thanks to sskunky for replying to me i seem to be too big #chunky for cfo the search continues
If you're open to ANH or ESB then you may have more options.

I needed bigger armour and RWA has a XL options in all parts.

If you look at their YouTube channel they have some videos showing sizes of some of the parts.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_lWzaSmADNiCC8TkZyfwg

There are other armour suppliers that can make different sizes, such as RS Propmasters, but I've not used those myself.

Here's a thread that looks at some other suppliers

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12693-which-armor-is-better-for-a-bigger-trooper-read-here/
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

They wait is unbearable, but lots of time to do your research, perhaps a blaster build or two, prepare a work space, reference material and tools.

Soon it will BBB time and then the panic sets in :)

hace 11 horas, arson14 dijo:

Aaaaaand deposit paid for the armour  still a few months away due to back log but still excited none the less.

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Listen to Glen, do your research and buy something..:laugh1:

• 1 month later...

Glad to see you are underway Piers, research research research while you have the waiting time.

I know many Troopers find and print out info from the forums to create a book of their journey, I did, along with the CRL for the costume. It's something i look at every now and then to remind me of the excitement of it all. It brings back some fond memories.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Been a bit of a wait but the 2 big brown boxes are ready for shipping, they only have to go about 9500 miles to get here. Was hoping someone could help me by listing the steps to take now regarding approvals and the next steps? 

Screenshot_20230331_080858_Messenger.jpg

• Like 3

Your Garrison GML is the one responsible for your basic 501st level approval.

Is this a pre built kit?

if so try it on and get some photos taken and post in our Pre approval section so we can have a look and inform you of any adjustments you may need to make before presenting to your GML.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/191-tk-pre-approvals/

• Like 1

I’d recommend looking through pre approval posts and expert infantry and centurion posts just to get an idea of the fitting nuances. That way when you get your armor you can know how things should looks when you fit them.

Congrats on the shipment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1