Rotk helmet on Etsy

Cheeseballs

il_794xN.3148108603_tiud.jpg

Appears some of the grey traps are not recessed, the line around is but the center areas are high, reference below of how they should be. Ears don't appear seperate.

il_794xN.3100389200_o7k6.jpg

large.28372543485_51f73e4821_o.jpg.4cc88

Cheeks traps are quite high on the center grey. Also appears a big gap under the bottom mount of the vocoder

il_794xN.3100389290_qgas.jpg

large.28089834910_019dda3a55_o.jpg.4e813

When in doubt it's always a good idea to check against the reference galleries 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/21-starwars-story-reference/

• Like 2

Frown and mic tips are a little off too. But it's far from the worst I've seen and probably not a BS recast. We actually talked about it at length on Facebook if this will let me link...

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10157819037026277&set=gm.639236870366079

While I'm sure someone put a lot of time into designing/making this bucket, but there are just too many issues in my opinion.  In addition to what Justin pointed out, a few others include:

Frown shape is way off.

6PudNbB.jpg?2   OiBjSDt.jpg?2

Areas around tears/traps/and frown should be white, not gray, and the lines look a bit sloppy.

xCnSdDC.jpg   fADMC7i.jpg?1

Rear traps appear WAY too large and not recessed.

2T13gMR.jpg  XW5T2XZ.jpg?1

Also, it looks as if the brow trim is part of the print, and not a separate piece, and those ears are definitely molded in.

Since I doubt that this particular bucket would even pass Basic 501st approval, unless you are just planning on using it as a display piece I would steer clear.

• Like 1

Just adding that the vocoder seems a bit off to me, going up to touching the helmet itself, especially the parts on the side. Also, is it just me, or is there a hollow space between the vocoder and the helmet? 

EswyHCg.jpg

I mean, I'm no expert, but I just spend yesterday evening painting my own vocoder and it did not look like that. 

Edited by Morgi
Adding a picture

On 7/15/2021 at 8:28 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

Also appears a big gap under the bottom mount of the vocoder

il_794xN.3100389290_qgas.jpg

Correct I did mention that ;) 

5 hours ago, Morgi said:

Just adding that the vocoder seems a bit off to me, going up to touching the helmet itself, especially the parts on the side. Also, is it just me, or is there a hollow space between the vocoder and the helmet? 

EswyHCg.jpg

I mean, I'm no expert, but I just spend yesterday evening painting my own vocoder and it did not look like that. 

• Like 1