Suitable transport case for TK armor?

Hey guys! My first TK armor will be arriving in a few weeks and I'm really excited to be joining the 501st! :D

I was at my local hardware store to look for a case that I could transport my armor in. The biggest wheeled one they had was a 30 gal "Stanley Fatmax Promobile Jobchest" and I've seen a lot of guys here on the forum recommending the 37 gal chest, so I'm wondering if a TK armor would fit in this 30 gal chest if I exclude the helmet. Thanks in advance! :)

Here's a picture of the label: https://prnt.sc/1ak059k

Edited by Entchen

I'd be concerned that wouldn't be tall enough for the clamshell and thighs. I've seen guys make the Husky 25gal work with TKs though (no helmet), so maybe...

black-husky-portable-tool-boxes-222167-6

• Like 1

I got my TK ESB armor build completed and as @TheRascalKing mentioned, the Husky Toolbox works perfectly fine for the armor, you have to either get a bag for the helmet as that one will not fit. I will upgrade my case today with neoprene foam (self-adhesive) to soften and protect the armor in the box. Besides the armor, all accessories are in there too (E11, boots, etc.).

It is perfect size, affordable, and will fit into a regular cars trunk as anything else I found to be too big to fit.

Hope this helps.

Edited by TookBreaker

vor 50 Minuten schrieb TheRascalKing:

I'd be concerned that wouldn't be tall enough for the clamshell and thighs. I've seen guys make the Husky 25gal work with TKs though (no helmet), so maybe...

black-husky-portable-tool-boxes-222167-6

vor 1 Minute schrieb TookBreaker:

I got my TK ESB armor build completed and as @TheRascalKing mentioned, the Husky Toolbox works perfectly fine for the armor, you have to either get a bag for the helmet as that one will not fit. I will upgrade my case today with neoprene foam (self-adhesive) to soften and protect the armor in the box. Besides the armor, all accessories are in there too (E11, boots, etc.).

It is perfect size, affordable, and will fit into a regular cars trunk as anything else I found to be too big to fit.

Hope this helps.

20210712_164744006_iOS copy.jpg

Sounds good. I guess I will buy the 30 gal case once my armor arrives and simply test if it fits. If it doesn't I can simply return it, but I am confident. :P

Big thanks for the helpful comments guys, you're awesome! :D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Entchen said:

Sounds good. I guess I will buy the 30 gal case once my armor arrives and simply test if it fits. If it doesn't I can simply return it, but I am confident. :P

Big thanks for the helpful comments guys, you're awesome! :D

It will come back to packing, I have all leg and arm parts within the body armor itself (almost like tubes fitting into each other). This way I organized right/left leg and arm parts and fits perfect.

I’ve the 30 gal (113 liters) Stanley Fatmax and all my TK fitts inside, except helmet…it goes in a bag apart…

voykPMW.jpg

yiioL5L.jpg

FdBLnwB.jpg

Edited by Quinquer
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Quinquer said:

I’ve the 30 gal (113 liters) Stanley Fatmax and all my TK fitts inside, except helmet…it goes in a bag apart…

voykPMW.jpg

yiioL5L.jpg

FdBLnwB.jpg

Did you spray on the letters or is it a decal?

The only downside of a helmet bag is...maybe...once in a while...forgetting your helmet at home as you rush out the door.

Not that it ever happened to me...more than once!

• Like 3

For the benefit of anyone in the UK, this is what I'm using.

f2b6d24bef96d9d20d4b3298f62350e9.jpg

175 litres, £20, from Argos.
Plenty of room for all armour, blaster, helmet and accessories. (Identical to the one CableGuy uses in the video I shared further up, just with a deeper lid to give extra volume).

Standard wheels aren't the best, so swapped one end out and installed light up scooter wheels.

(If anyone already has the 145 litre version, the lids are interchangeable)

• Like 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Quinquer:

voykPMW.jpg

yiioL5L.jpg

FdBLnwB.jpg

Wow perfect that is exactly the one I found at the hardware store! I guess I'll go ahead and buy it then. Thanks so much! :D

6 hours ago, Quinquer said:

I have the same box for my TK and everything fits. Helmet and blaster included. 

Looks a little low, the one I purchases is about twice the height BUT I only use it for air transport these days, found it too cumbersome to take for smaller events, especially those were you have to take the box up stairs.

Hard suitcase does me well know, I have a wall of them, lots more room in the vehicle and a little easier for mobility.

I also use a helmet bag and I have a couple and not forgotten to take a helmet as yet ;) I find the soft padded motorcycle bag or aviation helmet bags work well. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Whichever case you use, it's a good idea to wrap your black items separately, to reduce the chance of getting black stains on your white armour

I can concur, I found I had my aker headset resting on my boots and black bled into the leather boots, was only a small amount so luckily I could hide with a white out pen

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Whichever case you use, it's a good idea to wrap your black items separately, to reduce the chance of getting black stains on your white armour

Excellent tip there, Rich.  I have seen this happen more times than I can count, and getting black dye off of armor is no small feat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Excellent tip there, Rich.  I have seen this happen more times than I can count, and getting black dye off of armor is no small feat.

I'll take it one further and suggest packing cubes like these!

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0GqeetvaGXSUS2l4K1

Keeps all my soft goods together and organized, plus makes it easy to grab and go after washing and repacking, especially if you have multiple suits you use the same undergarments with. I use a medium one for my undersuit/neckseal/gloves/socks/etc, and a small one to keep my electronics/batteries together and organized.

• Like 2

I'll take it one further and suggest packing cubes like these!

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0GqeetvaGXSUS2l4K16aVS8sTZ91LS6n8PHIDUk-GEqI8v9brCkKtFAaswo2Q11SiCBxakn4CKCMzScfyDMBGEr0nWRw_ku3C8EkPYXHSj89UMKido5b6pQ&usqp=CAE

Keeps all my soft goods together and organized, plus makes it easy to grab and go after washing and repacking, especially if you have multiple suits you use the same undergarments with. I use a medium one for my undersuit/neckseal/gloves/socks/etc, and a small one to keep my electronics/batteries together and organized.
You're just too good

These are what I use. Big one for soft parts, small one for repair kit.d8c38c528390820e04b6342bca860084.jpg
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...