Hello from South Florida!

Hi to all of you,

the day has come to make a dream become true and I just sent my application to the 501st Legion to join this great community. I received a few days ago my commissioned Stormtrooper ESB costume and cannot wait to get started. Waiting for my approval and the TK ID.

My passion goes as far as being inpatient despite a leg injury, hence I am one legged being in a boot (was pretty difficult to wear and stand on one leg)!

In general, I do look for guidance on tips and tricks for wearing stormtrooper armor as well as what to consider for trooping (how to prepare, best practices for trooping, etc.).

Thank you!

Edited by TookBreaker
  • Like 2

Welcome to the FISD!

The waiting is always the hardest part.

Keep an eye on your thigh ammo pack. 

Good Luck Future Trooper!:salute:

• Like 1

Hi,
Welcome to FISD!
I hope you didn't injure your leg in the excitement of your armor arriving!!

If you haven't already its worth checking in with your local garrison. I think this would be yours...
https://www.fl501st.com/

Even fully commissioned armor often needs some tweaks, and you may find the GMLs (the guys that finalise approval) ask you to do some things before you're cleared, but that's OK. Check back in here and with the Florida Garrison and we'll get you sorted out and trooping in no time. Well, once your leg is better anyway

Rich

• Like 1

3 hours ago, magni said:

Welcome to the FISD!

The waiting is always the hardest part.

Keep an eye on your thigh ammo pack. 

Good Luck Future Trooper!:salute:

You are 100% right, in the excitement and wobbly standing on feet, this is how much I could wear it. The ammo pack is wrongly worn. :-)

2 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Hi,
Welcome to FISD!
I hope you didn't injure your leg in the excitement of your armor arriving!!

If you haven't already its worth checking in with your local garrison. I think this would be yours...
https://www.fl501st.com/

Even fully commissioned armor often needs some tweaks, and you may find the GMLs (the guys that finalise approval) ask you to do some things before you're cleared, but that's OK. Check back in here and with the Florida Garrison and we'll get you sorted out and trooping in no time. Well, once your leg is better anyway emoji4.pngemoji106.png

Rich

Thank you and I am in touch with my local Garrison and the Squad. Definitely will ask them for some tweaks on the armor (as there some I have in mind).

Tarkan

• Like 1

Excellent, and welcome!

Where was the kit commissioned from? Looks good!

I'd definitely put a little dab of E6000 at the front, bottom of that right thigh, then flip the ammo pack all the way up and let it glue - flaring it out a little will keep it from smashing your shin armor as much. If you don't already have mobility cutouts at the back of your knees, I'd highly recommend it. As always, reinforce your shoulder bridges. Keep the biceps nice and low and arm gaps tight for ESB, but they look like they're rotating, so a little tighter on the bicep straps, some hooks, or a another little dab of E6000 may be in order.

Finally, when you build the belt, make sure it sits just below the ab button panel. Post more pics and we'll give you more feedback to have you looking your very best, but it looks like you're well on your way - congrats! :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

Excellent, and welcome!

Where was the kit commissioned from? Looks good!

I'd definitely put a little dab of E6000 at the front, bottom of that right thigh, then flip the ammo pack all the way up and let it glue - flaring it out a little will keep it from smashing your shin armor as much. If you don't already have mobility cutouts at the back of your knees, I'd highly recommend it. As always, reinforce your shoulder bridges. Keep the biceps nice and low and arm gaps tight for ESB, but they look like they're rotating, so a little tighter on the bicep straps, some hooks, or a another little dab of E6000 may be in order.

Finally, when you build the belt, make sure it sits just below the ab button panel. Post more pics and we'll give you more feedback to have you looking your very best, but it looks like you're well on your way - congrats! :D 

Thank you @TheRascalKing! This was a pretty much a quick and dirty test of the armor as I was too curious to wait till my boot is actually off. This is a commissioned armor by RS PropMasters. I wore the belt wrongly, the arms definitely need some adjustments as the shoulders are not connected the arm pieces. Leg, have to test it after rehab, because it was too difficult to wear and stand on one foot the entire time. :-)

Cannot wait to get into full action and appreciate the guidance of yours.

• Like 2

Welcome to FISD, Tarkan. That blaster wound looks painful but no doubt the garrison will have you patched up and ready for battle soon :salute:

Edited by TrickyT81
  • Like 1