Morgi's ANH Stunt Build (first build)

Morgi

I need to try the padding for the sniper knee lol. Actually, a lot of the upgrades you speak of are stuff I can apply to my own kit. I've been trooping without my glasses which hasn't led to anything awful so far, but I will keep the front padding in mind!

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb TheDecisiveRaindrop:

I need to try the padding for the sniper knee lol. Actually, a lot of the upgrades you speak of are stuff I can apply to my own kit. I've been trooping without my glasses which hasn't led to anything awful so far, but I will keep the front padding in mind!

Ā 

The padding behind the sniper plate is really good. I've tried walking around with it a bit and it's helped a lot. Additionally I've added a bit of thinner padding to the back of my thigh on that same leg, so there's a smaller chance of the thigh sliding forward over the sniper plateĀ additionallyĀ to the lowered chance of the sniper plate sliding back enough to get underneath the thigh. It also has the added benefit that both paddings can be a bit thinner, so the armor overall stays closer to my leg. Don't know if you want to do that as well, but it's working for me so far.Ā 

Ā 

Glad to hear you've found that useful! You can thank Tino (T-Jay) for the idea with the thick front padding -- without him I'd still be insisting that I'm fine without my glasses, never knowing the immense improvement in sight that I got by wearing themĀ :laugh1:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Two troops down and a few improvements made.

Ā 

Aside from minor repairs and changing minor details to improve my comfort, I've addedĀ two major things:

Ā 

XIZ89ri.jpg

Ā 

I added a pouch inside my chest plate, which holds money, an emergency glucose, my keys and so on. Its actually rather spacious, so who knows what else will end up in there over time.

Ā 

VKmBS2w.jpg

Ā 

I also got myself an Aker, because not speaking at all is just as annoying as having to shout constantly, just so you can talk with others.

Ā 

Additionally (without photo), I thought it was worth mentioning that having padding is nice, but moving it down enough so it isn't visible is even better.

Was there anything else I should mention?

Ā 

CeLFgNk.jpg

Ā 

Ahhh, yes... That might take a while. I haven't forgotten about it, but I'm not yet at a point where I can apply. Give it a few months and that application will probably pop up... probably, haha. In the meantime, if any of you notice things that I should improve on any of the pictures in my troop log, please tell me!

Ā 

With that being said, there's still stuff that I'm working on (as proven by this update), including the fact that I plan on decorating my trooper box next. So who knows, maybe I'll one day post another update on here in regards to weathering, my Trooper box and/or additional upgrades. For now, thanks for reading and as always I very much appreciate all the support and help that got me to this point!Ā 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Am 5.11.2021 um 19:54 schrieb Morgi:

So who knows, maybe I'll one day post another update on here in regards to weathering, my Trooper box and/or additional upgrades.

Ā 

I'm back at it -- at least with posting. I never really stopped finding small stuff that I could do in order to improve the smallest of details. Shout-out to all who endured months of messages and updates, and especially to the one person, who asked me if I was aiming for lvl 4Ā :laugh1:

Ā 

Weathering

Ā 

I did add a bit of weathering! Either by taking black rubber and making streaks on my armor with it, by using soaked newspaper to darken a few parts, or simply by wearing it and watching the weathering appear. I love it! It adds a sense of realism, especially when we look at the black marks all over the screen used armors.

Ā 

tlxsyDX.jpeg

Ā 

Trooper Box

Ā 

My trooper box got a bit of decoration. The overall appearance was heavily inspired by Tino's (T-Jay) Stanley:

Still, I gave it a bit of my own twist and made it a little less fancy.

Ā 

JqZzuO3.jpeg

Ā 

Additional Upgrades

Ā 

Here we've had a few changes.

Ā 

The first was a slide-system to help keep the top of the ab- and kidney-plate aligned, after the kidney slipped down during a troop back in November, causing the butt plate to flare out. Additionally, this caused the armor to fit my thinner frame better, as it held everything better in place that the lose strapping could. Once again, thank you to Tino for helping me figure out a solution, I owe you some chocolate or somethingĀ ;)

Ā 

9A9cjSl.jpeg

Ā 

The second was me putting extra strapping around the buttplate, which helps pull it in more. Due to me being a bit too thin for my armor, you could often see the inside of the buttplate before this change. Now it's snug and form-fitting.

Ā 

fh9SCCx.jpeg

Ā 

The third change is a bit absurd to most, I believe, but it fixed something that annoyed me on most pictures of me in armor so far: the small gap at the top of my thigh. Due to me accidentally angling the cuts at the top, there's always been a small gap there, which doesn't really fit the overall design of a TK, in my opinion. Since I was already working with ABS paste, I decided to go ahead and fill that gap.

Ā 

JTCLnZf.jpeg

Ā 

Next improvement was fixing the back of the shins. As you can see in the picture below, the shins used to not align properly in the back -- partly because RS shins just have a weird shape, and probably also, because I didn't align the two parts properly, I believe. This fix was a bit more difficult and I'm still not 100% happy with it. I'll just wait until I've trooped in it, to see how well it holds now and if I need another approach.

Ā 

0v4dqOy.jpeg

Ā 

The last change that I can think of right now was moving the S-trim around the helmet, so there's no longer a small gap at the back of the helmet. Whilst I was at it, I also gave my helmet a bit of a paint touch-upĀ :)

Ā 

LK56NJU.jpeg

Ā 

Ohhh, and Biggi (Swoby) gifted me some very cool hand cuffs for Christmas!

Ā 

oBfbKr3.jpeg

Ā 

Whilst I'm sure there's been a few other things, these are all that I can think of right now.

Ā 

As the trooping season starts back up in Germany, I'm planning on doing an ESB conversion, so that's where I'll probably start a build thread soon. Towards Spring/Summer I'm planning on applying for EIB and possibly Centurion with this armor. Additionally, I've been helping out a few TKs in my Garrison, which has been really fun -- hopefully I can convince them to try for EIB as well.

Ā 

That's all from my side so far, thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to feedback!Ā :salute:

• Like 3

Yep, I can confirm a lot of love went into this suit. ;)

Ā 

The sum of all these improvements will help to get the higher levels and you deserve it.

Ā 

Note to FISD staff: could someone please tell this overachiever we do not have level 4? :laugh1:

Ā 

Looking forward to our next meeting, Luca. I then might have something to hand over to you... :Laser:

• Like 3

vor 10 Stunden schrieb T-Jay:

Yep, I can confirm a lot of love went into this suit. ;)

Ā 

The sum of all these improvements will help to get the higher levels and you deserve it.

Ā 

Note to FISD staff: could someone please tell this overachiever we do not have level 4? :laugh1:

Ā 

Looking forward to our next meeting, Luca. I then might have something to hand over to you... :Laser:

Ā 

Thank you very much, Tino! Of course you'd know best (aside from myself) how much love went into this suit -- at least two messages a week regarding this white plastic over the course of half a year might have given you some ideaĀ :P

Ā 

Ohhh, I'm very much looking forward to it. After all, I need a lvl 4 blaster for lvl 4 armorĀ :smiley-sw013:

Ā 

vor 3 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Ā 

mmmmĀ B)Ā sounds like a good idea Lol.Ā :DĀ :laugh1:

Ā 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Chemi:

Ā 

Ā 

8331a02b3c8957946441bd6ccdee0ce8.jpg.027bc3449f77508e35297442b0042da7.jpg

Ā 

CRvsNSG.jpeg

Ā 

Soooo... If this is all the feedback and improvement you guys have to offer on here, I'm looking forward to receiving my Centurion certificate with a "nothing to add" for armor improvements... or to some lengthy comments about small details (best before I apply)Ā :laugh1:

Ā 

Actually, my goalĀ wasĀ to only get Centurion without any DO remarks regarding further improvement (not that that would stop me from small improvements, haha) but now that you're basically challenging me, I might need to re-think my stance regarding the first lvl 4 approvalĀ :dancing-trooper:

• Like 2

Well Luca, you have certainly put a lot of time into your armor. I have no doubt that it is an armor with which you will achieve the Centurion badge(we will see your apps:coffee2:).Ā 

Congratulations on all the hard work you are putting into getting the perfect armor. Ā No doubt it will be an honor for the German Garrison to see you parading with its members...And maybe, who knows, I will also have the honor of parading with you....

• Like 2

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Chemi:

Well Luca, you have certainly put a lot of time into your armor. I have no doubt that it is an armor with which you will achieve the Centurion badge(we will see your apps:coffee2:).Ā 

Congratulations on all the hard work you are putting into getting the perfect armor. Ā No doubt it will be an honor for the German Garrison to see you parading with its members...And maybe, who knows, I will also have the honor of parading with you....

Ā 

Now that's a really nice text that I wasn't actually expecting, thank you so much! Also, it's a nice confidence boost regarding my future applicationĀ ;)

Ā 

Well, if you're coming to Germany for Speyer or a similar event, chances are quite good that we'd parade together, so fingers crossed. Not sure when I'll get around to trooping internationally myself, haha

2 hours ago, Morgi said:

Soooo... If this is all the feedback and improvement you guys have to offer on here, I'm looking forward to receiving my Centurion certificate with a "nothing to add" for armor improvements... or to some lengthy comments about small details

Ā 

Ā 

It would be great to give you the Centurion Badge with "Nothing to add" .

Ā 

I would recommend you to, when ready, post some photos into the Request Pre-Approval section again to receive last feedback .Ā :salute:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm here with the last things that I wanted to do before my application for EIB. Looking forward to taking the pictures this weekend and hoping that there's nothing that I overlooked...

Ā 

To start with, I made a list of everything that I thought I could improve with my armor. I've had that list going on for a while now, but this time I went through the last ANH Stunt Centurion Applications, writing down just about anything said. Then I sorted through that list and ended up with 17 improvements that I thought I should get done before my application. The last two weekends I worked through those, so here's a few of the things that I did.

Ā 

Helmet Paint

Ā 

This was mostly a small clean-up, making sure the lines were sharper.

Ā 

OLgUCfF.jpeg

Ā 

Perhaps not the biggest change, but Vocoder lines seem to be something that gets pointed out fairly often.

Ā 

ABS Belt

Ā 

If you've ever looked at the ABS belt, you know that the corners have to be cut at 45Ā° and have to meet the fabric.

Ā 

LGNGOGI.jpeg

Ā 

I'd cut a little too much in my initial build, so I used this opportunity to change that. I don't have a picture without the clamp right now, but I can assure you that it looks a lot better now.

Ā 

Bicep Cover StripĀ 

Ā 

Feel free to continue with the level 4 jokes on this one, but I reglued several cover strips. When I build this armor last summer I didn't always work as cleanly as I'd have liked me to, looking back. I hadn't been a FISD member then, the bicep especially were my first cover strips... It was good, but it wasn't pretty. So this was something that I did purely for myself: removing some of the cover strips (partway or fully and not only at the bicep), cleaning up the glue and regluing it.

Ā 

Honestly? I love the result. It looks tidy and like armor and not like it's in the movie and about to fall apartĀ :P

Ā 

CkYUxDv.jpeg

Ā 

Thermal DetonatorĀ 

Ā 

Now, this was not something I'd expected, but upon going through past approvals and the amazing reference by Joseph, I came to the realization that I basically would have to rebuild the entire thing. One of the end caps had a gap to the metal clip, same as the ABS plate. Additionally, the black paint on the screws had all but vanished.

Ā 

Upon fitting both of the ABS pieces, I realized that they hadn't been cut as straight as they should have been, so I got to cut and sand the entire thing a bit.

Ā 

KOhye75.jpeg

Ā 

Looking pretty good now, if you asked meĀ :)

Ā 

OtherĀ 

Ā 

Those were just some of the 17 improvements, but they're the only ones I've got pictures of. As they're the most interesting things, I'm not too worried about skipping a detailed description of me cleaning up pencil mark or glue residueĀ :laugh1:

Ā 

The next thing will be my approval pictures and then we'll have to see if the DO's can spot anything else that I need to improve. Otherwise I'm sure I'll stumble across more nonsensical improvements in the future in my quest for the mystical level fourĀ :smiley-sw013:

• Like 4

Nice work on the updates, you can add some photos to the pre approval area for feedback before applying for legion or/and EIB approval

Ā 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb gmrhodes13:

Nice work on the updates, you can add some photos to the pre approval area for feedback before applying for legion or/and EIB approval

Ā 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/193-request-tk-pre-approval/

Ā 

Thanks for the info, Glen, but given the fact that I have no-one to take pictures with and no pictures of my up to date armor (there have been several modifications lately) that are in the typical approval poses, I'll just try my luck with applying directly, based on my pre-approval back in July/August and the feedback from several garrison members I've received since approvalĀ :)

Ā 

That being said: Thanks to everyone who's supported me to this point -- folks in my garrison who endured hours of TK Talk, the people on here with their continuous help in my build thread and especially Tino (T-Jay) who's been the best AttachƩ I could've asked for!

Ā 

Now, if anyone sees anything on this build thread or in myĀ troop logĀ that they think I should improve, please point it out to me! I've got tomorrow and the day after for some last minute stuff, the rest we'll see in my EIB application.

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing your EI application! Looking over your troop log, I'm jealous of your sound of Hans Zimmer and John Williams concert; that would have been amazing to attend.

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb MaskedVengeance:

Looking forward to seeing your EI application! Looking over your troop log, I'm jealous of your sound of Hans Zimmer and John Williams concert; that would have been amazing to attend.

Ā 

I'm looking forward to my application as wellĀ ;)Ā Even if I'm a bit nervous

Ā 

QNpFYsk.jpeg

i'm the second stormtrooper from the right

Ā 

Yeah, that concert was a blast -- standing on the stage with the Imperial March being played by an orchestra behind you? I had goosebumps. If everything goes according to plan, I'll get to attend two other Sound of Concerts during April and I'm very much looking forward to it! Hopefully you'll get to attend one of your own in the futureĀ :duim:

MyĀ EIB ApplicationĀ is out there, so here's the last things that I did before applying. Or, more accurately, that T-Jay did before my application. Thanks for another amazing day, the pictures, the help and, of course, my E-11. It's a thing of beauty and I love it very muchĀ :duim:

Ā 

HandguardsĀ 

Ā 

If you're at all familiar with my last few pictures of me in armor, you'll have noticed one distinguishing detail especially: yellowed hand guards. As we were looking over the armor parts and I was showing off my handcuffs, we spontaneously decided to use some of Tino's white paint and give the handguards a more fitting look for a TK.

Ā 

WCkgPay.jpeg

Ā 

E-11Ā 

Ā 

An awesome Troopacoola kit, built by T-Jay with his vast knowledge on everything E-11? You know it's gonna be amazingĀ B)

Ā 

Thank you so much, Tino, for all your work and effort, for the personalization and the feedback. The entire time I'm wiring this, I'm just sneaking glances at the blaster in front of meĀ :laugh1:

Ā 

vYmqPh1.jpegĀ 

• Like 3

Keeping fingers crossed for your higher level application(s). ;)

Ā 

It has been a pleasure to meet you again and especially to hand over that E-11 to you. :D

Ā 

I hope it lasts a very long time and you will have a lot of fun with it. :Laser:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the EIB feedback, the congratulations and the advice regarding Centurion!

Ā 

DWcrTWO.png

Ā 

There's a few things on my to-do list now and I hope to get around to them soon enough. As I've got a few busy weekends ahead of me, I'm not too sure when I'll be able to start working on the requested modifications, but I'm sure there'll be an update on here soon enoughĀ :duim:

Ā 

EDIT: I just noticed I forgot to add "Memes" to the list above... shame on me, those are my most important achievementĀ 

Edited by Morgi
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Zitat

StartingĀ with the stripes on the rear traps-Ā  the height is spot-on, but they need to be thicker to matchĀ the screen references as seen below.Ā  If you don't feel comfortable using a paintbrush, youĀ could try aĀ paint pen (linkĀ here).

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Reference images

Ā oOF7UDL.jpgĀ  Ā hWYVMzP.jpgĀ Ā yIs1Zpu.jpg?1

Ā 

Tackled the first Centurion modification:

Ā 

QG1EcuH.jpeg

Ā 

And because I was already at it, I not only broadened the rear traps, but also the stripes in the tears. Don't want to wait until my Centurion application to get those pointed out. Again, all wobbly hand-painted lines, only a little more paint. If any DO could comment on whether this is good enough for Centurion, or if I need even more paint on there or something, I'd appreciate it!

Ā 

Those of you following my newĀ ESB conversion buildĀ will know that I'm currently waiting on some tools to get delivered. Until I get those I won't be able to do anything about the rivet placement on the ab and kidney. The new shape of my thigh is something that I've been procrastinating on, due to the fact that cutting that is quite frankly scaring me, but I don't see a way to fix it just by repositioning the thigh with either changes to the strapping or to padding. In other words, Centurion might take me a while and not just because I don't find the time for working on my armorĀ :rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, Morgi said:

Again, all wobbly hand-painted lines, only a little more paint. If any DO could comment on whether this is good enough for Centurion, or if I need even more paint on there or something, I'd appreciate it!

Ā 

A little wobbly, but I would have no issues passing it.Ā Ā :DĀ 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2021 at 7:30 AM, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Definitely recommend referring to the requirements for EIB and Centurion, even at this stage. With how thorough you're being you're going to be well on the way for the advanced levels, and it's far easier to build with those levels in mind from the start, than to make changes later.

With that in mind, I did notice one area that isn't a requirement, but will definitely make your life easier later.

7c551620636604b2203444d4f1a51f85.jpg

RS Propmasters build as per the original suits, which means only having one strap on the right hand side of the torso (from the visible 'Han snap' on the ab section to the kidney plate). This sometimes leaves a gap at the bottom of that seam that the belt can struggle to hold shut on its own.

What I've seen in a lot/most builds (including my own) is to have a second strap at the bottom of this seam to help keep the gap closed. At higher levels there is a requirement that this gap is minimal.

Here's a pic of my internal strapping and you can see the lower strap. Be aware that the fixings for both ends of this lower strap are hidden and not visible from the outside. Any questions just ask.

64adae8f124b0ee12273f30005345ab0.jpg

Ā 

Hi Richard, Bill Swann here and I'm beginning the work on my torso section and wanted to ask if you could give me a link to the "requirements.." section. I saw the diagram you posted below this post, and that's very helpful but I'd love to be able to refer to those requirements in the future. Thanks for your help and advise.

Ā 

5 hours ago, CT 1977 said:

Hi Richard, Bill Swann here and I'm beginning the work on my torso section and wanted to ask if you could give me a link to the "requirements.." section. I saw the diagram you posted below this post, and that's very helpful but I'd love to be able to refer to those requirements in the future. Thanks for your help and advise.

Ā 

CRL:Ā https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Ā 

EIB in blue and Centurion in redĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

CRL:Ā https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Ā 

EIB in blue and Centurion in redĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks, Glen. Below is a caption from that page and, sorry for continued questioning but I don't understand the difference between "s-type" and "u-type" neck trim profile and I couldn't find any specific photos. I want to make sure I'm moving in the right direction for Centurion. Thanks.

OPTIONALĀ Level three certification (if applicable):

• Ā 
  • Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.