Hallo and Hello from Germany

Morgi

Hello!

After months of lurking around without an account, just absorbing all the information that I could find about Stormtroopers and building the armor, I've finally decided to get an account to unlock those last hidden posts.

A bit of info about myself? Well, I just turned 18, but have wanted to join the 501st as a Stormtrooper ever since I was twelve. I'm from Germany. Currently I'm working on the finishing touches for my Stormtrooper armor (it's still missing some paint and I definitely need to rework the strapping for more comfort), waiting on the last soft parts to finally arrive and just started working on the helmet.

I look forward to finishing the armor and joining all of you properly in the 501st!

• Like 5

vor 20 Stunden schrieb TKSpartan:

Let us know if you need some help

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Am I right in assuming that I should ask questions regarding my armor build at https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/192-tk-pre-approval-questions-discussion/? Or should I look somewhere else? 

I'm having trouble with my knee plate and was wondering where the right place/person to ask is... 

1 hour ago, Morgi said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Am I right in assuming that I should ask questions regarding my armor build at https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/192-tk-pre-approval-questions-discussion/? Or should I look somewhere else? 

I'm having trouble with my knee plate and was wondering where the right place/person to ask is... 

You could start a build thread even though you're mostly done. You could get some feedback there and when you think your ready to apply. Then post in the pre approval thread.

You're gonna love Trooping! You're almost there:dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

vor 37 Minuten schrieb magni:

You could start a build thread even though you're mostly done. You could get some feedback there and when you think your ready to apply. Then post in the pre approval thread.

You're gonna love Trooping! You're almost there:dancing-trooper:

Oh, okay thanks! That sounds good. I'll check that out then! 

I'm sure I'll love it from all that I've heard and seen so far :D

• Like 1

Hi Luca,

It's really good to have you here.

With the replies you've had already hopefully you can already tell you're in the right place if you need any help or reassurance.

There's a huge amount of skill and experience over here, and there's no such thing as a silly question, so if you're not sure about anything just ask.

Good luck with completing your build,
Rich

• Like 1

Hi Luca, seems like you already have your build running and got some help from others here.

Once you have your basic approval and TK ID, request 501st access to this site here to unlock even more hidden posts. :)

Are you aware of the optional higher levels and do you aim for these as well?

Did you have a chance to get in contact or meet with local 501st people in your area? By the way, what area do you come from? Maybe we meet on a troop one day.

• Like 2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb T-Jay:

Hi Luca, seems like you already have your build running and got some help from others here.

Once you have your basic approval and TK ID, request 501st access to this site here to unlock even more hidden posts. :)

Are you aware of the optional higher levels and do you aim for these as well?

Did you have a chance to get in contact or meet with local 501st people in your area? By the way, what area do you come from? Maybe we meet on a troop one day.

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome! 

Ohhh, even more posts! I sure like the sound of that and will make sure to keep that in mind! 

I'm aware of them and would like to at least reach Expert Infantry, if not Centurion. For now though my main goal is just to complete the build and get into the 501st.

I've never actually met a single person who's in the 501st in real life, so the answer to that is (sadly) no. Since I will move in less than a month, there won't be any time to meet the local folks either before I'm gone. I do hope to get to know some once I'm in Nordrhein-Westfalen -- and in the 501st. And looking at your profile, the chances of us meeting are actually fairly high! Maybe you could help me get in contact with the people in NRW, because I'm not at all sure about how to do that...? 

Edited by Morgi
  • Like 1

Ha, ha. :lol: Yes, by moving to NRW and getting basic approval, you will definitely join the same Garrison Squad.

Being one of two Imperial Attachès in that Squad, it is my pleasure to help you getting in contact with our local community.

For some events there are ways to attend even without an official membership. For example as a handler. A simple way to learn a lot.

Feel free to drop me a PM here to discuss any further things. :) Would love to help, because that's what we are here for.

As for the higher levels, I just wanted to make sure you are aware, because if you plan to reach these, it is far easier to build straight to these standards, than to later change your suit.

• Like 2

Hey trooper and welcome!

I don't believe I saw what type and maker of armor you have going? Let us know!|

If it helps, here are some photos of how I do my strapping with Line 24 (15mm) snaps, based largely on the @wingnut65 diagram that's been around forever. The double snaps are very secure and comfortable! I'd also recommend adding some keeper clips to your posterior (not shown) if it tends to pop out like many of ours do.

FiGQ6Ov.jpg

8zaLBpU.jpg

wXbXJe1.jpg

And what's up with your sniper knee? We'll try to help! Pics!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb TheRascalKing:

Hey trooper and welcome!

I don't believe I saw what type and maker of armor you have going? Let us know!|

If it helps, here are some photos of how I do my strapping with Line 24 (15mm) snaps, based largely on the @wingnut65 diagram that's been around forever. The double snaps are very secure and comfortable! I'd also recommend adding some keeper clips to your posterior (not shown) if it tends to pop out like many of ours do.

FiGQ6Ov.jpg

8zaLBpU.jpg

wXbXJe1.jpg

And what's up with your sniper knee? We'll try to help! Pics!

Hello! 

I've got an ANH Stunt kit from RS

Thanks for the pictures! I'm not 100% sure if I want to do it like that, but it's good to see how it could look like! 

Happily I haven't had any problems with my butt plate and it aligns very neatly with my kidney plate. 

Regarding the sniper plate, I've recently gotten that solved on my new build thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/51192-morgis-anh-stunt-build-first-build/

Still, thanks for the offer and thank you for your nice welcome! :D

• Like 1