Jump to content

Tiny Captain Phasma


Recommended Posts


It is finally time. My daughter is 6 and the right size to redo her trooper armor from when she was 3.
I originally got on of those 48" trooper toys and used it to make her armor. Had to downsize a ton of it and it didn't really fit all that well since she was too small.
Now she's finally big enough and asked to be Captain Phasma for Halloween.
Here is where I finished 3 years ago.b07f5f35768fc22a178fe2dd4ae07dee.jpg
 
Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
 
 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very cool, looking forward to seeing the Phasma conversion

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First was stripping off all the plasti dip. Which was not a fun process. Ended up using liquid wrench and a lot of elbow grease to get it off. After that a light sand with 220 grit. I'm redoing the bondo that needed some attention.
Already ordered the rubies Phasma helmet. Not expecting it to be great. But don't really have any other options.
Still haven't settled on what paint to use. If anyone has recommendations for a chrome to use (not looking to spend a ton)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk



924bafbae0bb2246c38e67537c1a68f6.jpg

3d5c8caf3e920238175e87cf97a215af.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Started working on the rubies helmet today.
First I ripped out the padding and eye material, then removed the velcro and rivets that were to hold the helmet halves together.
I tried 2 kinds of super glue and hotglue to get the halves to stick together. Nothing wanted to hold to this plastic. So I gave up on that and went with rivets. Not completely happy with it. But overall it will work for now. I ordered a 3d printer so I might just do that for a quality helmet.5ae6e0581b71f2756127ff8f358b9698.jpg52988bbcef69c883ef4fafffd9711e1c.jpgd75b4451f70f72fbd7b4b88c5b55273f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finished bondo and sanding with the body. So after a coat of filler primer I can now see areas that will need some attention. This plastic has a nasty habit of getting super buggered up when sanding.
So I'll have to do multiple coats of the primer, sanding lightly with probably 4-500 grit sandpaper to get s smooth finish.
My daughter did feel the need to point out that this wasn't the correct color for Phasma.db068d931159a1316c4f21d1900348ea.jpg1dea44aea9ae55b84ba8926bff63e82d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decided to make the holster somewhat usable. So I put some screws in the gun where it already had some dimples for it to "hook" onto the thigh holster. Then I cut the sides and back off the thigh holster part. Screws slid right in so it should work well.
I did accidently drill too large of a hole for one of the screws. So I added a piece of cardboard and threw some super glue on it for good measure. f54da997e421507c283407e061320508.jpg2b26c50e61a7fb93553e1a5ab00d2434.jpgbdf60299919b59ed446e7c76c1c82a2b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finished sanding and got a couple coats of Grey primer on it to smooth it out, and get a smooth base coat.
I now got to figure out how I'm going to stick the few pieces together that are split. I think I'll try using super glue or jb weld with cover strips on the inside to hopefully get a seriously strong bond. Seems like nothing wants to hold to this plastic.9788bc75cd451c9e9385e4c9703385ae.jpg9686d4475e8b5548e3b456305c65a4f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before going too strong a bond, is there a chance that as she's still growing you'll need to split the armour again to resize?
That's a good point. I might give E6000 a try first

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You will be ok with E6000 sticks pretty well to plastic and can have some flex too.

 

If pieces like forearms and shins are too difficult to put on glued perhaps add elastic to one side so it will hinge open then add velcro to the other side

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting the thighs and wrist glued and put together, for now I'm just doing cover strips on the inside. I think I'll put gorilla tape over it to ad an extra layer of strength and flex. Still not sure how I'm going to do the shins. I need a lot of flex to get them open so they will fit around my daughter's legs. I'm honestly thinking of just using gorilla tape for the front and velcro the backs.2cfbbf13dea14327fe6c11b061147c93.jpg726ff244c7c0899a8d41be70ed6058ea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...