Happy 15th anniversary FISD

Sly11

Well my fellow troopers, the day has arrived. 6th July 2021. We officially start to celebrate the past 15 year of life as a detachment.

It's pretty incredible to think, that thousands upon thousands of members, 501st or otherwise have worked their way through these forums, leaving their mark on the way, and allowing us all to take a wonderful journey into the development and ever growing resource that FISD has become.

We have the largest membership base, one of, if not the busiest forums in the legion, an attache program that reaches more garrisons than any other, and a mass of TK information photos and other resources that some others would be envious of. All this with so few costumes in comparison to many other detachments.

I think you could say we are doing OK!

To welcome  in our anniversary celebrations, today we launched a few things to get everyone in the mood.

Our Special edition news letter is now posted and the mass email out will begin.

We have launched our new and improved Expert Infantry honor gallery and a new forum section for our Anthology and remnant soon new to legion costumes.

Awarded our highest Detachment accolade, the FISD Achievement award.

And last but not least, launched our Anniversary coin sales thread.

If you wish to share the love and celebrate 15 years with us please feel free to use our Facebook frame created by TK85421

http://www.facebook.com/profilepicframes/?selected_overlay_id=271286071464787

Happy 15 years FISD

• Like 19

3 hours ago, Sly11 said:

We have the largest membership base, one of, if not the busiest forums in the legion, an attache program that reaches more garrisons than any other, and a mass of TK information photos and other resources that some others would be envious of. All this with so few costumes in comparison to many other detachments.

If I could expand on that...  in addition to having the most activity on our boards, we have an incredible base of talented folks here that are more than willing to share their expertise with those on their white armor journey.  It truly makes me proud that all new folks are welcomed and never, ever judged.  Have I seen and answered the same questions hundreds of times?  You bet, and I am more than happy to do this a few thousand more times.  It's what we do here.  All of us remember logging in for the first time, not knowing a Vocoder from a sniper knee plate, but with the help of others we made our dream of becoming  shiny white spaceman (or woman) a reality.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, jsilvius said:

where can we get those 15th anniversary logos? that's what I want to know!

They are only part of the anniversary newsletter not for official merchandise, you could right click on the image and save

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

They are only part of the anniversary newsletter not for official merchandise, you could right click on the image and save

Thanks Glen. I really dig the one one the left. That shield with the 15 in it is cool.

They would look really cool on a 15th Anniv Racing shirt.... (hint, hint)... :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daetrin said:

This would be a great update for a 15th patch.  It's similar to the 5th Anniv.

image.png

You could always suggest that to the DL ;) 

1449756520_annipatch.png.eee461190202d16b2803301f3cc47eb7.png

• Like 2

You guys are too funny l:laugh1:

I'll put it in for strong consideration and discussion in Staff area.

• Like 1

• Sly11 featured this topic
  • Sly11 unfeatured this topic