Forum technical difficulties????

Hi,

Is anyone else having problems accessing the FISD forum?

Obviously I can get on (I'm here afterall), but on my laptop via a web browser (Chrome and Edge) the forum doesn't load properly, and it takes several f5 page reloads before it's usable. I've tried deleting my cookies (etc.) and it's then fine until I click a link to a different part of the forum and the problem then returns.

On tapatalk I can access the forum (as I am now), but cannot access any private messages (it's just shows an empty folder).

I've tried accessing my Garrison and the 501st forum via web and tapatalk, and all fine, so it's definitely a FISD issue.

Any ideas or suggestions greatfully received.

Rich

• Like 1

There have been issues with the last software upgrade which appears to now be rectified, well mostly;) 

• Like 1

Another fix was undertaken last night (my time), no doubt there are still some glitches which will hopefully be resolved over the next few days.

Not sure about tapatalk as I don't use it

At least it loads correctly now, was useless yesterday ;) 

• Like 1

For the most part the system is back up and running, there are as couple of things still popping up like data storage and Caching issues, but for the most part things should be ok.

Mathias undertook another back up last night which can slow things down, but forum appearance and loading should be better now.

• Like 4

For the most part the system is back up and running, there are as couple of things still popping up like data storage and Caching issues, but for the most part things should be ok.

Mathias undertook another back up last night which can slow things down, but forum appearance and loading should be better now.

• Like 2

Tapatalk is a third party plugin, and the forum doesn't know if the changes will break tapatalk or not, which is why I've never recommended relying on it for your needs. The forum (when it works properly) renders really nicely in a mobile browser so you can always use that instead. I may need to check if there is an update to tapatalk that needs to be applied. 

The double posting happens as a result of you pressing "save" more than once, probably because the forum is slow and you imagine that the first time pressed didn't register properly.

As for the updates, there was a major update a few days ago, and another security patch after that. Server performance was in the drain and applying the upgrade was a challenge in itself but it's been pretty stable since.

• Like 3

I've checked tapatalk and we still have the latest non-beta version installed so until I understand the issues better there's not much I can do about it.

• Like 3