CountCunning's ROTK Build Thread (Jimmiroquai Kit)

I had an opportunity to attend an armour party last Saturday and I was actually able to make a LOT of progress with the help of @GilesWoodward and the other lovely Badlands folks who were in attendance.

image8(1).jpeg.90cca1d0de6ab3819ada00e4f9505dee.jpeg

image7(1).jpeg.2eaadb39cbfeda38195bf34d46501078.jpeg

We were able to accomplish a rough test fit of the armour and I was relieved to find that the armour needs little (if any) modification to fit me. The biggest issue we encountered was that the black extension pieces that connect the chest and back weren't sitting flush with the top of the abdomen (see photos below). Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, is there a best way to go about fixing it?

image12.jpeg.1436c9d2946746ab25badc492a54aecd.jpeg

image9.jpeg.f16ef021c9287a1c5f43ce6ece771208.jpeg

I realize that my armour is going to fit slightly differently because I was missing the rectangular back plate that sits under the belt behind the TD, so I'll probably need to do another test fitting of the torso armour, plus I haven't got a set of suspenders or straps to hold my ab armour up, so I was constantly needing to support it with my hands.

With those things in mind, is there anything that sticks out as needing fixing/adjusting/alteration?

• Like 1

Always great to get hands on help, looks like you are in good hands. Your images are quite small so hard to see much details, it does appear though your thighs may be hitting the cod, can also see a gap between your chest plate and chest.

image8(1).jpeg

image9.jpeg  

Many have to remove extra material from the ab/back section as it shows on the sides.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Always great to get hands on help, looks like you are in good hands. Your images are quite small so hard to see much details, it does appear though your thighs may be hitting the cod, can also see a gap between your chest plate and chest.

image8(1).jpeg

image9.jpeg  

Many have to remove extra material from the ab/back section as it shows on the sides.

I've added the photos to a Google Drive. Here's hoping that they show up bigger!

( https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AT3XqZmrRlGdSQ_cz3OWjyPlZ6JY5FUj?usp=sharing )

I've lost a substantial amount of weight since receiving this armour and there's a pretty massive gap in between my thighs and the armour, which might be contributing to the cod and thighs hitting one another. Another reason they might be touching is because I'm lacking suspenders to hold the abdomen and cod up. I'll try adding suspenders to the abdomen and I'll see how everything is sitting. In case that won't be enough to separate the cod and thighs, is there anything you'd recommend I try? I was going to pad out the thighs a bit because of the aforementioned gap, but I'm not sure which kind of foam to use. Would a harder (e.g. EVA) foam be better for that, or a softer foam?

Thanks for the feedback!

Nice job on this so far, Daniel!  :jc_doublethumbup:

You have been given some great advice so far, but if I could add a couple of things to cosider:

The cod seems to be a bit long and probably could use at least an inch or so taken off the top.  This would be a good start in giving you the space between it and tops of the thighs.

UYGdFkK.png    KYMSkcj.jpg

As it looks now with the cod so close to/overlapping the tops of the thighs you would more than likely have difficulty walking as they would be constantly rubbing together.  Note in the 2 reference images how much of a gap there is on all sides of the cod (and the distance between the tops of the thighs and the belt), so for comfort, mobility and closer screen accuracy trimming the tops may be an option.

QUOXwAi.jpg  ZWYZ4b6.jpg   

Here is a close up of Justin's @TheRascalKing Jimmi build where he got it spot-on.  Larger photos of the complete look can be found here.

JltzSex.jpg

Keep plugging away, sir, and keep those photos and questions rolling in.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!  

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 2:25 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Nice job on this so far, Daniel!  :jc_doublethumbup:

You have been given some great advice so far, but if I could add a couple of things to cosider:

The cod seems to be a bit long and probably could use at least an inch or so taken off the top.  This would be a good start in giving you the space between it and tops of the thighs.

UYGdFkK.png    KYMSkcj.jpg

As it looks now with the cod so close to/overlapping the tops of the thighs you would more than likely have difficulty walking as they would be constantly rubbing together.  Note in the 2 reference images how much of a gap there is on all sides of the cod (and the distance between the tops of the thighs and the belt), so for comfort, mobility and closer screen accuracy trimming the tops may be an option.

QUOXwAi.jpg  ZWYZ4b6.jpg   

Here is a close up of Justin's @TheRascalKing Jimmi build where he got it spot-on.  Larger photos of the complete look can be found here.

JltzSex.jpg

Keep plugging away, sir, and keep those photos and questions rolling in.  Looking forward to seeing your progress!  

Thanks for the tips and the resources! While I was getting suited up I wasn't sure of whether or not the cod would fit between the belt and the barrel, but taking a look at it from the underside there's a large enough gap that I should be able to slide the cod into the gap no problem. I'll do another test fitting with the cod in between the barrel and belt at some point soon when I've got an extra set of hands to help out.

Have you got any tips on doing solo test fittings? I live pretty far away from other 501st folks and my schedule doesn't always allow for me to attend armour parties, but I want to get more work done on this build than just filing out the frown in my bucket.

Just now, CountCunning said:

Have you got any tips on doing solo test fittings? I live pretty far away from other 501st folks and my schedule doesn't always allow for me to attend armour parties, but I want to get more work done on this build than just filing out the frown in my bucket.

Having a full length mirror around is very handy, especially if on your own.