BBB on its way!

Holy cow, I can't believe I'm finally doing this.

Hi everyone, I'm Matt (39) from Toronto, Canada.

After years of deliberating, I'm finally pulling the trigger as a treat to myself in my 40th year on this Earth. 

I've dreamt of joining the 501st ever since I found out about it, but when my buddy James (we share not only the exact same birthday, but have many common interest, making us the perfect non-twin twins), agreed to build a suit at the same time with me, I didn't hesitate.

So, we've both ordered an AM armor kit, to ensure a proper fit (sadly, Princess Leia's famous line wouldn't apply to us as Troopers, we ain't short!). Very, very excited to get started on this journey and look forward to sharing our experiences with you. 

• Like 4

Hello and welcome aboard, exciting times ahead, time to do some research, check out some of the build threads, stick to the CRL's  (costume reference library) also check the gallery when in doubt.

Here's a very helpful thread full of info 

Good luck, looking forward to seeing your builds

Thanks for the welcome. 

I totally intend to go slow and enjoy this. Especially doing it with James, it's going to be a blast. 

I do have a question already, about boots, but wasn't sure where I should post. Still trying to learn ettiquete on this forum.  

• Like 1

You will find a lot of info in specific areas, for boots https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/42-boots-soft-parts-and-other-accessories/

Also check out the link I posted previously ;) 

Hi Matt and welcome to the FISD!  Congratulations on your purchase!  This is going to be an amazing time ahead of you.  There is nothing like building a set of armor.  Just take it slow and measure twice cut once.  Have fun!

Hi Matt,

Welcome to FISD, we have a lot in common. I’ve always loved the stormtrooper and wanted the helmet. I turn 40 in August and decided to get the full regalia as an early birthday gift to myself. I also didn’t know anything about the 501st until I read Anthony Daniels book. 

I wasn’t brave enough to build my own so went with an RS commission but it’s honestly the best thing I’ve done. You’re going to absolutely love it and the people on this forum are absolutely fantastic and helpful. 

Enjoy the journey and I look forward to welcoming you to the 501st trooper :salute:

Tim

Edited by TrickyT81
  • Like 1

Hi Tim, that's hilarious. 

8 was going back and forth about a commission build. It was a toss up between a properly built suit that might not fit right vs it fitting right, but not built to as high of a standard. 

I'm glad it worked out for you. I hope to share my story soon. 

Cheer,

Matt 

• Like 2

Hi Matt and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in the Costuming and Builds sections to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, keep in contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison. I'll get you in our Tantive FB page shortly.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

Hello and welcome to FISD. 

Happy to know you are very enthusiasm and eagerness to join 501st Legion as Stormtrooper. 

Keep your spirit high, have fun with your build.