ANH/S, ANH/H, ESB - can they share common parts?

My ESB TK has recently achieved Centurion (yay!), and I'm now looking at ANH stunt and hero.

I know I'm going to need 3 different helmets, 2 different E11 blasters, 2 (maybe 3) different holsters, 2 different pairs of gloves, and 3 different belts.

That still leaves most of the armour the same between outfits (I think).

Can I share the common items between outfits and still retain lvl 2 and 3 status on each one?

If I have a DLT-19 with the ANH stunt and hero does that mean I can do without the ANH E11 and holster and use my ESB belt (no holster fixings)?

Thanks,

Rich

Edited by CallMeMrTibbles

Hey brother... A quick look at my Centurion awards will tell you the answer is ABSOLUTELY yes! And add HWT on there too! I achieved all of them with the same Anovos base armor. As you said, it does take some switching out of accessories - especially the helmets and belts, but it can be done with some attention to detail.

One tip is to have your plastic belt be detachable - mine uses Line24 snaps instead of rivets under the belt covers, so I only had to purchase separate canvas belts and 2 holsters. The holster is still required for all three, but you could carry the DLT instead of the E-11 on your L2/L3 action photos, sure.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to help. Don't be surprised if you see my FOTK go from TFA to TLJ, then TLJ-E too!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 2

Thanks for this Justin. Fab news.

It was seeing your costume list that actually gave me the idea of doing this (Its a slippery slope all this costuming!!!!).

Doesn't the HWT require light weathering on the armour? How does that work if you want to switch back to ANH (etc.)?

Re the blasters...

So, as long as I have the correct holster and holster fixings, I can substitute the E-11 for the DLT-19? (Just checking I understand)

Looking forward to seeing you take Glenn's crown for the most outfits! lol

• Like 1

Yeabuddy. It absolutely is, but buying more accessories is still cheaper than buying more armor! I like to try to get every approval I can out of my suits to keep me out of trouble and make the cost feel 'worth it' (I also have 3 'approvals' for my Imperator-level Staff Officer with the same base!).

The HWT DOES require light weathering, but only at the higher levels of approval. I used black mascara and a blush brush and kept it light - it was easy to remove it with some cleaning wipes and Novus polish when I wanted to go back to shiny - just watch out for any cracks/crevices, or white soft goods like shoulder straps and canvas belts.

The holster and fixing is required for all three costumes (not the HWT tho, so use your ESB belt with no holes). The ANH-S and ANH-H CRL's list the DLT as an optional weapon, so you can carry it for your action photo and use it for your blaster approval INSTEAD of an E-11 for those two (and HWT). ESB requires an ESB blaster. 

Glenn is a legend and will VERY likely stay ahead of me overall, but I'll admit that I do like the look of the gold frame on that EIB award........ ;) 

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

Love it mate. Yep, getting lots of outfits out of the minimal amount of armour is a VERY attractive proposition, so good to know how simple it is, and looking forward to getting stuck in (once my bank account has recovered!). Also, thanks for the tips on HWT weathering; that's going to be very useful.

Plus, multiple helmets and blasters mounted in prominent positions around the house has got to look cool, but does require a very understanding wife.

Watch this space for future submissions.

Thanks Justin. All very much appreciated.

• Like 1

Older photo, but it definitely helps when your soon-to-be wife is also a Jawa, so she understands hoarding treasures......

tIypP0U.jpg

• Like 2

A couple of years ago I made an ESB conversion kit for my RS props new hope armour . 

My garrison trooped at a live orchestra screening of the movie ESB , so I quickly sorted an ESB costume .

the main thing was the helmet, and as a helmet collector I luckily already had an RS ESB helmet , that would have been the expensive part . 

I picked up some cotton gloves and ESB handgards from RS , leaving just the holster issue . 

Luckily the RS holster is attached by Chicago screws, so I unfastened the holster straps , ( ok, it left holes in the belt on the left... but hardly noticeable) then with some offcuts of leather ( a cheap black leather belt from the cheap shop) I made two ESB loops to fasten to the holster with the original Chicago screws , allowing the holster to loop onto the belt on the right side. 

It was a quick and simple conversion kit that was completely reversible , and I've got it saved for another event one day . The whole " kit" is stored inside my ESB helmet . 

Edited by Rob .T .
  • Like 1

Thanks Rob. Starting a helmet collection isn't something I'm going to find difficult :D

I won't be able to do my belt the same way you did, as I'm going to take the outfits up to centurion level, but reassuring to hear about others that have done similar things.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

I think Glen is at about 20+ approved costumes, so that's gonna be a tough one... (I secretly think he has an airplane hangar for storage).  :laugh1:

• Like 2

On 7/2/2021 at 11:06 PM, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Hey loose an N, we were poor and couldn't afford the extra N, it's Glen :laugh1:

There's no crown, no extra money in your pay packet, only thing you get is a change of color on your EI badge, no glory or celebration, I just like building and as accurately as I can, over at IOC I broke their award system, I have 34 L2 and 9 L3 approvals, had to help come up with some new graphics for awards as nobody ever reached those heights, it was called the "Glen Effect" :laugh1:

History lesson:  I wasn't the first to 7 EIB approvals, that would have been Todd "Toddo" TK 6647, he reached that goal before we had FOTK costumes, he also had a Skytrooper which is now homed at Spec Ops. Incidentally Todd only has 1 Centurion approved costume, so I was the first to 7 centurion approved costumes, again no fanfare or glory only self satisfaction.

9 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I think Glen is at about 20+ approved costumes, so that's gonna be a tough one... (I secretly think he has an airplane hangar for storage).  :laugh1:

I think Richard means FISD costumes ;) 

I retired a few costumes a few months ago to recoup some credits, I have 4 reserved BUT I recently was approved in a couple of others so back up to 25, I know I have a problem, the suitcase wall just keeps getting bigger, one day they will find me under an avalanche of suitcases :laugh1:

• Like 3

I think Richard means FISD costumes  

I retired a few costumes a few months ago to recoup some credits, I have 4 reserved BUT I recently was approved in a couple of others so back up to 25, I know I have a problem, the suitcase wall just keeps getting bigger, one day they will find me under an avalanche of suitcases :laugh1:

There may be no glory, but your level of knowledge and expertise from all those builds and your willingness to share it makes you invaluable to the detachment Glen, as evidenced by your 10K+ posts.
  • Like 3