TK-83751 Requesting ANH STUNT EIB Status [ANOVOS] (1028)

Also, haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but I painted the bent part of the v tabs black (with enamel paint), or you could cover with black tape.
Just to make sure there's no chance of them showing through the small gap between butt and kidney

af3929a7913341fe88f6e240aee06eeb.jpg

Edited by CallMeMrTibbles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Question: Do you glue both sides of the tab? or just the butt plate side?

They are just for stopping the butt plate from flipping out over the kidney. I only glue one side of the tab which allows the other side some movement, I normally glue the top/kidney tab but either should work

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

They are just for stopping the butt plate from flipping out over the kidney. I only glue one side of the tab which allows the other side some movement, I normally glue the top/kidney tab but either should work

1 hour ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Always had it in my head you glued the butt!
Worked for me anyways emoji1.pngemoji106.png

Trying to better understand, Glen's kidney plate glue was to stop the butt from going over the kidney and overlapping; Richard I think I'm going to glue onto the butt so the butt doesn't push past the kidney to cause gap that could develop into an overlap? 

Does the DO care that the butt sticks out or only if it sticks and AND overlaps the kidney? Just trying to make sure I solve the right problem... I should also make the tabs a bit longer, don't think these short ones will hold as well

With the way I've glued it, to the butt, it keeps the butt flush with the kidney, which automatically stops it from overlapping on top of the kidney. Can only speak for how that's worked for me, but I totally trust everything Glen says (costume wise at least ).

I made my tabs quite long, but probably could have made them shorter, as I don't feel like they're under a lot of stress. I used superglue / CA, and it's holding fine so far.

• Like 1

Works either side just depends on how tight your strapping in and if they are placed close to the ends of the butt/kidney

• Like 2

Does the DO care that the butt sticks out or only if it sticks and AND overlaps the kidney? Just trying to make sure I solve the right problem... I should also make the tabs a bit longer, don't think these short ones will hold as well

I'm not a DO, but I've seen comments on previous submissions asking for the butt to be brought more in line and reduce the sticking out to a minimum.
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 3:33 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Should not overlap, references:

zEWQjCO.jpg?1    ojrInVg.jpg?2      tH6Jz08.jpg?1

I'm sorry I every doubted it. The V-tabs are a success; I finally gave the butt belt the ol' snip.

lEbWcbO.jpg

The booty looks great with the v-tabs regardless of forward closure

G3G7AWl.jpg

Don't find my lack of faith disturbing, I glued the v-tabs on top of the butt belt planning to use them in conjunction. Woops

BByGFaZ.jpg

2nd time moving the han snap, was clumsy with the paint this time around and made the process plenty more difficult. Ended up sanding everything off and repainting the entire corner. Hopefully that's far enough? :X

cEVoXtM.jpg

Also got a nice SBB from @trooper96 Very exciting!

XzNhsi7.jpg

• Like 4

Nice work. 

Just bare in mind while you are preparing the blaster kit no print lines for EI and above ;)

3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work. 

Just bare in mind while you are preparing the blaster kit no print lines for EI and above ;)

3-D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines, and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance

Saving the sanding for the weekend, have to put on my PPE

oNmtthT.gif

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Good work on the v tabs.
You have a great looking butt emoji6.png

Like a smooth, shiny egg! The foundation of every trooper rump.

• Like 1