TK-83751 Requesting ANH STUNT EIB Status [ANOVOS] (1028)

Name:  James

Username:  fishgoh0nk
TK-83751
Southern California Garrison
Orange County Squad

Armor Maker = ANOVOS
Helmet Maker = ANOVOS

Blaster Type = S&T E-11 (Airsoft)

Height = 5'11
Weight = 200lbs
Boot Maker = Imperial Boots
Canvas Belt = @TKittell belt
Hand Plates = @justjoseph63 silicone handguards
Electronics = Raspberry PI Zero W, iComm, Aker amp, @ukswrath SHA hearing assist, quad fans
Neck Seal Type = ANOVOS
Holster Maker = ANOVOS

Full Body

Front

UkWMixn.jpg

Back

bgIlJXG.jpg

Right

DjBYi9k.jpg

Right Raised

Lld625c.jpg

Left

eVDFLsX.jpg

Left Raised

Ht0y0Im.jpg

Bang

AQ7WsJR.jpg

Bang Bang

TLKbacn.jpg

Details

Right

MvOlVQN.jpg

Left (paint chipped when wearing, will touch up)

O2Jx15q.jpg

Helmet

Front

FN8W0TJ.jpg

Left

qFQJs9E.jpgapdLYRC.jpg

Right

YJPFuAJ.jpgq8blQ5F.jpg

Back

govkasi.jpg

Lens color

wV7YE9z.jpg

HOVIs & Vocoder

2sXW8BI.jpg

S Trim

HJPMVou.jpg

Armor

Armor Strapping

Pqgh5wu.jpg

Arm strapping

aTLZWLo.jpg

Forearm wrist returns

X7M8b2d.jpg

Cod Elastic

JkOYpS2.jpg

Elastic shoulder ties

JVeOyH1.jpg

Ab button panel 1

okihiiG.jpg

Ab button panel 2

dkMiVhO.jpg

Thigh ammo Left

qle1GB7.jpg

lMRyVkQ.jpg

Thigh ammo right

9vhuRap.jpg

I8lS32O.jpg

Sniper knee

7VUUyjd.jpg

NdxVNPH.jpg

Belt

TrvjzWP.jpg

CoX7Dg3.jpg

Accessories

Neck seal

QllhttT.jpg

Gloves

PqVMHLb.jpg

Hjcy4an.jpg

Boots

88ZiQUy.jpg

Thermal detonator

9NbfBwx.jpg

ddxA2Bp.jpg

E-11

X1WxXHk.jpg

k4yzu7a.jpg

2edMoIP.jpg

Edited by fishgoh0nk
  • Like 1

• gmrhodes13 changed the title to TK-83751 Requesting ANH STUNT EIB Status [ANOVOS]

Thanks for your submission, James!... We'll need you to do one  fix before we start reviewing... :salute:

Looks like you have a little too much paint on the tops of the teeth, (common to Anovos helmets). One suggested method is to use a toothpick with some ,NO ACETONE, paint remover.

QUHBFzA.jpg     

Reference images

ezcVZLH.jpg        8zkgdaO.png

-And one last request, could you add a picture where we can see the "HAN SNAP"?:duim:

Something like this:

GrJ3mhS.png      4Le4CZc.png

Thanks James...Your armor looks great...:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Fantastic job on this armor, James!  :jc_doublethumbup:  One thing that jumped out at me are the elastic bands on your shoulder bridges.  Yours seem to be round instead of flat... these will be fine for EI, but for Centurion they will need to be the flat type.  I know this seems like a small detail, but Level 3 is all about the details.  If you are having trouble sourcing the correct ones I am happy to mail you as set of them (no charge), just PM me if interested. 

pZsFL7j.jpg?2       rdjbJlr.jpg?1   nv9vxEv.jpg?1

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chemi said:

Thanks for your submission, James!... We'll need you to do one  fix before we start reviewing... :salute:

Looks like you have a little too much paint on the tops of the teeth, (common to Anovos helmets). One suggested method is to use a toothpick with some ,NO ACETONE, paint remover.

QUHBFzA.jpg     

Reference images

-And one last request, could you add a picture where we can see the "HAN SNAP"?:duim:

Something like this:

GrJ3mhS.png      4Le4CZc.png

Thanks James...Your armor looks great...:jc_doublethumbup:

While I work on taking a bit more paint off the frown, here's a close up of the Han snap.

kkIsJz1.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chemi said:

QUHBFzA.jpg     

Reference images

Here's the new frown.

q29PVoK.jpg

• Like 3

Looks awesome!

Out of curiosity, did you replace the ears on your helmet? And if you're going for extreme accuracy, belt box elastic should be 'woven', not 'ribbed'... and I can see you replaced the mic tips, but would recommend a pair from @ukswrath or similar that have the correct inner details.

Also, absolutely not accuracy-related, but I would strongly suggest adding a bit of fuzzy velcro to the back of your holster and belt to cover the metal rivets - otherwise when you wear your armor enough, they'll eventually scuff and scratch that pretty armor!

OHOHOH and reinforce your shoulder bridges with some extra strips of ABS!!!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

Looks awesome!

Out of curiosity, did you replace the ears on your helmet? And if you're going for extreme accuracy, belt box elastic should be 'woven', not 'ribbed'... and I can see you replaced the mic tips, but would recommend a pair from @ukswrath or similar that have the correct inner details.

Also, absolutely not accuracy-related, but I would strongly suggest adding a bit of fuzzy velcro to the back of your holster and belt to cover the metal rivets - otherwise when you wear your armor enough, they'll eventually scuff and scratch that pretty armor!

Thanks! And yes I did - those are trooper bay ears on an Anovos bucket. The HOVI tips are from Ukswrath speaker system. Thanks for the tip about the holster and the belt ammo box! Let me put some velcro on right now actually :D

Edited by fishgoh0nk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Thanks! And yes I did - those are trooper bay ears on an Anovos bucket. The HOVI tips are from Ukswrath speaker system. Thanks for the tip about the holster and the belt ammo box! Let me put some velcro on right now actually :D

Ah, got it! Makes sense on the mic tips. I added to my other post, but I'd ensure you reinforce your shoulder bridges with some extra ABS too - they're a very weak and crack-prone area, but easy to add strength to. I also like to add a little velcro to the tongue of my boots and front inside of my shins to help keep them from twisting or riding up. Again, none of this accuracy related, but should help on your upcoming troops and I'm here anyways, so why not haha Great work!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Beautiful job on your armor James, good luck with your application.

Thanks for putting together a most comprehensive Anovos build guide- it was educational as it was inspiring!

• Like 1

Hello James. Please, forgive me, I forgot one thing. Could you please post a close photo of the rivets(6, left side of your Ab/Kidney) ?.

Like This:       

IB7RIil.jpg             

Thank you for your patience James...                                                  

5 hours ago, Chemi said:

Hello James. Please, forgive me, I forgot one thing. Could you please post a close photo of the rivets(6, left side of your Ab/Kidney) ?.

Like This:       

IB7RIil.jpg             

Thank you for your patience James...                                                  

Here you go!

i2MrIaa.jpgnv0kKa1.jpg

Edited by fishgoh0nk
better lighting, one more photo without overlap
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 3:57 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Fantastic job on this armor, James!  :jc_doublethumbup:  One thing that jumped out at me are the elastic bands on your shoulder bridges.  Yours seem to be round instead of flat... these will be fine for EI, but for Centurion they will need to be the flat type.  I know this seems like a small detail, but Level 3 is all about the details.  If you are having trouble sourcing the correct ones I am happy to mail you as set of them (no charge), just PM me if interested. 

pZsFL7j.jpg?2       rdjbJlr.jpg?1   nv9vxEv.jpg?1

Replaced the shoulder cover elastic with flats!

tOq6vwK.jpg

On 7/2/2021 at 10:27 AM, TheRascalKing said:

Out of curiosity, did you replace the ears on your helmet? And if you're going for extreme accuracy, belt box elastic should be 'woven', not 'ribbed'... and I can see you replaced the mic tips, but would recommend a pair from @ukswrath or similar that have the correct inner details.

OHOHOH and reinforce your shoulder bridges with some extra strips of ABS!!!

Also replaced the ammo box elastic with the correct woven elastic! It was scary adding breaking the super glue around the box covers, so I thought I would future proof any adjustments by using magnets to secure the boxes together.

8A8DIqr.jpg3KmOTTA.jpg

As for the shoulder covers, I heard good things about truck liner spray - I wonder if it comes in white, would definitely keep the shoulder covers flexible yet sturdy.

Hopefully these will work out well. Thanks for the tips guys!

• Like 2

For some reason the server created a duplicate post as above, it was submitting for like 10 minutes while Ieft the browser spinning. I'll just delete this for less scroll :)

Edited by fishgoh0nk
duplicate post as above from server issues
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Replaced the shoulder cover elastic with flats!

Also replaced the ammo box elastic with the correct woven elastic! It was scary adding breaking the super glue around the box covers, so I thought I would future proof any adjustments by using magnets to secure the boxes together.

As for the shoulder covers, I heard good things about truck liner spray - I wonder if it comes in white, would definitely keep the shoulder covers flexible yet sturdy.

Hopefully these will work out well. Thanks for the tips guys!

Sweeeeeet. Mods look good. I usually throw a little self-adhesive craft foam or fuzzy velcro on the back of my belt boxes to make them less jangly/likely to scratch my thighs too.

I'm one of the ones that promotes the bedliner spray, but usually only to black out the helmet interior - I like the texture, but have no idea if it actually adds strength (an old episode of Mythbusters I saw inclines me to believe at least a little), but nowhere NEAR enough to help with the shoulder bridges. I've never seen it in white either...

I cut some strips of spare ABS slightly more narrow than the bridges, then E6000 them in underneath after hot water bending them closer to shape. I've started extending them down into the chest a little more so the shoulder tabs don't just crack. It definitely helps - MAN are those things fragile!

iV1UlFN.jpg

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, TheRascalKing said:

Sweeeeeet. Mods look good. I usually throw a little self-adhesive craft foam or fuzzy velcro on the back of my belt boxes to make them less jangly/likely to scratch my thighs too.

I'm one of the ones that promotes the bedliner spray, but usually only to black out the helmet interior - I like the texture, but have no idea if it actually adds strength (an old episode of Mythbusters I saw inclines me to believe at least a little), but nowhere NEAR enough to help with the shoulder bridges. I've never seen it in white either...

I cut some strips of spare ABS slightly more narrow than the bridges, then E6000 them in underneath after hot water bending them closer to shape. I've started extending them down into the chest a little more so the shoulder tabs don't just crack. It definitely helps - MAN are those things fragile!

iV1UlFN.jpg

Good tip! I'll look for some wider ABS to stick under the shoulders covers. I also bought another pair from trooper bay when purchasing the ears (for shipping value) because I heard this is probably the most vulnerable part of the armor, heaven forbid I actually have to replace them.

• Like 1

Hi James, and thank you for your EIB application! 

You have done an excellent job with the armor. Congratulations!!!:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

***************************************************

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

-It seems that some of the screws on the ears are too tight. 

Reference images

7LcnoEL.jpg                                         umHOe7w.jpg   HU7VrSV.jpg

-The wrist openings are a bit far from the tops of the hand guards. Maybe you can move down the forearms a little.

Reference images

VXQkZMz.jpg                                          MPuGA0H.png    qGFMLAf.png

-Some new paint on the ab/kidney rivets, is an easy fix and should take you about 5 minutes ;)

Reference images

x8zLdtk.jpg                           GCMWArQ.png     j6eA0L4.png

- The ridges on the top of the sniper knee follow the ridges at the top of the shin(perfect:duim:), but maybe you could refine the angle a bit.

Reference images

DtXZfxH.jpg?1                                    o6ibtt8.jpg?1   4X7WDpG.jpg?1   eKJH0Yd.jpg?1

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

-The Ear bars shall have only one bump painted in black for L3.

Reference images

ih9E4Di.jpg    RKNWc9a.jpg                                                  umHOe7w.jpg   HU7VrSV.jpg

- The vocoder paint could be improved a little for more accuracy (the paint on the upper parts of the vocoder should cover the tops of the raised areas completely)... A filbert style brush will help with the top parts.

Reference images

Qh5W8Gk.jpg                                           r9ZiSi0.jpg   Hbg4B5K.jpg

-Your elastic bands seem to be round instead of flat... These are fine for L2, but for Centurion they will need to be the flat type. I see that you changed the elastics (flat ones) while I was doing the revision (perfect:duim:). If you don't mind, I don't delete this (may be helpful for future troopers).

QbwWLFr.jpg      

Reference images

tp8UKWL.jpg    PXEbxux.jpg

-L3- A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

Unfortunately, we think that the Han snap should be placed a little further to the edge. I can see that you made another hole for the Han snap and left it perfect, so you definitely have mad ABS skills.... It won't be a problem for you to change this one.:jc_doublethumbup:

Reference images

5IWFtjy.jpg                       4Le4CZc.png    GrJ3mhS.png

-Your butt plate appears to be pushing upwards, maybe you need to adjust the strapping. 

Reference images

CF274VX.jpg                     H0oWKfi.jpg    hVYiPXT.jpg       

This "V tab system" can help keep it in alignment.

atGzym4.jpg    1wTpfgq.jpg

L3 - Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

As we can see in the photos below, they sit too far in and need to be realigned.  The outside front edge of the box should line up with the end of the ABS belt. Moving them outward and applying a little E-6000 (or similar) to the back of the strap can prevent them from moving.:duim:

Reference images

v49o0Iz.jpg     9ZU5ZIo.jpg                       cvtXId2.jpg     ysP3Qmm.png

-Unfortunately, the grip on your Blaster is an Airsoft (not the Sterling type as required in the CRL) and will need to be replaced for L3.  The power cylinders are not clearly seen(but I saw the photos in this thread  here ), but those may have to be modified/replaced as well.

Reference images

9KnJBps.jpg                     lpIoyQv.jpg     9jmSCvb.jpg?1

Reference images

FyMJUbg.jpg                    A20x6Y4.png  8cTTcuC.jpg  nrgxJpS.png

And that's all James. Congratulations, and I look forward to seeing your application for Centurion soon.!!!:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

• Chemi changed the title to TK-83751 Requesting ANH STUNT EIB Status [ANOVOS] (1028)

@Chemi I made some changes per your recommendations

Sniper Knee - Are these the angles we're looking for? Hopefully I can go about my business :)

BR9iI4i.jpg

Vocoder - Wiped that stupid grin off my face, is this what we're looking for?

XZyFhTm.jpg

Ears - I'd like to think I'm a good listener. Guess I got demoted, Private First Class again!

4003T38.jpg

Edited by fishgoh0nk
typos
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations and welcome to the EI ranks trooper

Thanks Glen!

I'm giving your v-tabs concept a try; I think I understand, instead of trying to restrict the booty, you make the booty extend the back. Hot water was weak, had to bust out the heat gun due to the abs thickness.

Question: Do you glue both sides of the tab? or just the butt plate side?

AmsQrT0.jpg

Edited by fishgoh0nk
  • Like 2